Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette
Pittsburgh
Providence
Seton Hall
USF
Villanova

Hey, that's good news. Home-and-home with Georgetown one last time, get Notre Dame at home (payback and typically a good gate).

A bit heavy on the long travel (away to USF, Louisville, and Marquette), but otherwise good. Might be unlucky to get home-and-home with the best team in the league (Louisville), but there's no place for complaining about being asked to play the best teams (even if their style of play doesn't suit us so well).

Isn’t it interesting how the Big East finds a way to get the league’s best travelling fan base(by far) up to Providence every year? This will make 4 out of the last 5 years we’ve played a game at Providence.

I am not totally sure who is expected to be good or not next year. I know Louisivlle is, and we get them twice, but hey, that's fine.

I need to get used to UConn not being good, so the road game there isn't the killer you normally expect. You'd normally see a road schedule of Marquette, Nova, UConn, Louisville, Pitt, and Gtown and think it's a killer, but I'm thinking it won't be nearly as difficult as normal this year.

Georgetown at SU.
ESPN Game Day.
Book it.
Payback for 2/13/1980.

If we have a very good team again, that could be a great opportunity for another "Break the Attendance Record" promotion. I wonder if the Dome scoreboard renovation includes a rewiring of the basketball system to allow for midfield placement of the court.

If we have a very good team again, that could be a great opportunity for another "Break the Attendance Record" promotion. I wonder if the Dome scoreboard renovation includes a rewiring of the basketball system to allow for midfield placement of the court.

Speaking of "if we have a very good team" I expect us to be real good netx year. I know Louisville seems to be everyone's pick, but call me crazy, I'm going to pick us.

Isn’t it interesting how the Big East finds a way to get the league’s best travelling fan base(by far) up to Providence every year? This will make 4 out of the last 5 years we’ve played a game at Providence.
Speaking with my own personal interests in mind, I'm okay with this strategy.

Speaking of "if we have a very good team" I expect us to be real good netx year. I know Louisville seems to be everyone's pick, but call me crazy, I'm going to pick us.

I do, too, but I do that every July.

(In all seriousness, it does look like a good group of players who complement each other well. If a leader emerges, we get steady shooting, Carter-Williams plays well, and Coleman is able to stay on the floor and contribute, there's no reason we can't be the best team in the league.)

I do, too, but I do that every July.

(In all seriousness, it does look like a good group of players who complement each other well. If a leader emerges, we get steady shooting, Carter-Williams plays well, and Coleman is able to stay on the floor and contribute, there's no reason we can't be the best team in the league.)

It's funny because I am usually not that way; not that I don't think we'll be good usually (and I hear what you're saying, just like how in baseball every fan talks himself into his team contending) but I usually don't pick us to win the league or anything.

I expect at least one of the soph to make a leap this year. Maybe the last 3 years have spoiled me; I just assume it'll work out.

It's funny because I am usually not that way; not that I don't think we'll be good usually (and I hear what you're saying, just like how in baseball every fan talks himself into his team contending) but I usually don't pick us to win the league or anything.

I expect at least one of the soph to make a leap this year. Maybe the last 3 years have spoiled me; I just assume it'll work out.

I think Rakeem is going to be sophomore-year John Wallace this year, but with better range. He's going to shock people. With any kind of decent guard play, our half-court struggles will be a distant memory.

Edit: I just looked up Wallace's numbers. Wow. 15 and 9 on 57% shooting is probably out of the question. But Wallace's 11 and 7.6 as a freshman is right in line with what I think Christmas will do this year.

Shh, don't mention the "best travelling" part. Someone will end up saying this is a home game for Cuse.

Home: Cincinnati
DePaul
Georgetown
Louisville
Notre Dame
Providence
Rutgers
St. John's
Villanova
Road GamesConnecticut
Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette
Pittsburgh
Providence
Seton Hall
USF
Villanova
Home and homes with Nova, Gtown, PC and UL. It seems we have played at UL for 4 or 5 years in a row. Played there the last year of Freedom Hall and I think we have played in the Yum! every year since.

I think Rakeem is going to be sophomore-year John Wallace this year, but with better range. He's going to shock people. With any kind of decent guard play, our half-court struggles will be a distant memory.

Edit: I just looked up Wallace's numbers. Wow. 15 and 9 on 57% shooting is probably out of the question. But Wallace's 11 and 7.6 as a freshman is right in line with what I think Christmas will do this year.

Man, 11 and 7 as a freshman. Who was our last freshman that rebounded that well?

I am not totally sure who is expected to be good or not next year. I know Louisivlle is, and we get them twice, but hey, that's fine.

I need to get used to UConn not being good, so the road game there isn't the killer you normally expect. You'd normally see a road schedule of Marquette, Nova, UConn, Louisville, Pitt, and Gtown and think it's a killer, but I'm thinking it won't be nearly as difficult as normal this year.
that game is going to be rough. assuming there is no post season for them, this will be their biggest game of the season. guarantee they will have it at storrs and it will be an absolute circus because it will probably be the last time we play them in a true road game and that fanbase will be out for blood.

that game is going to be rough. assuming there is no post season for them, this will be their biggest game of the season. guarantee they will have it at storrs and it will be an absolute circus because it will probably be the last time we play them in a true road game and that fanbase will be out for blood.

Yeah, that's probably a good point.

Man, 11 and 7 as a freshman. Who was our last freshman that rebounded that well?

Carmelo, I guess, and I don't know that it's very close (though I think Paul Harris rebounded pretty well in his first year). Wallace was awesome from Day One.

Yeah, that's probably a good point.

Last year was a circus there..nothing new. I like our chances to slap them around.

Noticed they only gave us one home game versus St John's...I was hoping we got two home games with them.

Home: Cincinnati
DePaul
Georgetown
Louisville
Notre Dame
Providence
Rutgers
St. John's
Villanova
Road GamesConnecticut
Georgetown
Louisville
Marquette
Pittsburgh
Providence
Seton Hall
USF
Villanova

Exciting to play Georgetown twice. But it remains to be seen if Syracuse fans will be "allowed" to purchase tickets to the Verizon this season (we didn't play them away last year).

For those who don't remember the scenario 2 seasons ago (by edit) in February of 2011 , SU fans had basically taken over the verizon and the nearby beerhall, Clydes. In the the fall of 10, apparently weary of being outscored (outguzzled) and outcheered, GT announced that for the (edited date) Feb. 26, 2011 game, it would send SU its "minimum allotment" (about 140 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena), but withhold tickets for the 'general public' (i.e., visiting SU fans). This "grey-out" -- a vicious little plot hatched by the GT AD -- effectively banned orangefans from seeing the game (except for a few clever souls who got tickets through the GT alumni society).

For the upcoming season, it will do us no good to call GT out for its poor sportsmanship and petty policies (they'll always have small penises). The question is ... is our AD going to let the GT AD pull another ticket stunt this season?

Exciting to play Georgetown twice. But it remains to be seen if Syracuse fans will be "allowed" to purchase tickets to the Verizon this season (we didn't play them away last year).

For those who don't remember the scenario a couple of years back, SU fans had basically taken over the verizon and the nearby beerhall, Clydes. In the the fall of 09, apparently weary of being outscored (outguzzled) and outcheered, GT announced that for the Feb. 18, 2010 game, it would send SU its "minimum allotment" (about 140 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena), but withhold remaining tickets for sale to the 'general public' (i.e., SU fans). This "grey-out" -- a vicious little plot hatched by the GT AD -- effectively banned orangefans from seeing the game (except for a few clever souls who got tickets through the GT alumni society).

This year, it will do us no good to call GT out for its poor sportsmanship and petty policies (they'll always have small penises). The question is ... is our AD going to let them pull another ticket stunt this season?

Time to reup as a faithful Hoya. :D

If the Hoyas stupidly get petty...in the years we host MD we could always schedule George Mason, VCU or Old Dominion to a neutral game in DC.

Time to reup as a faithful Hoya. :D

If the Hoyas stupidly get petty...in the years we host MD we could always schedule George Mason, VCU or Old Dominion to a neutral game in DC.

Funny, or we could return the favor by sending GT 140 tickets to the Dome game, while our fans and alums buy up all the 'public' tickets (or give them away to area homeless).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom