Cuse.com...anyone else worried... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse.com...anyone else worried...

"Times change," Shafer said then. "Whether I love it or not doesn't matter. It's about the kids that put it on the line, the players that put it on the line."

The kids don't get paid so let them pick their own colors. It's their team.

Im starting to think they wore alot of blue last season as a farewell. Good bye to blue, hello to grey. Is that the last time we will see blue? except when they want to wear the throw backs.

The all blue uniforms are hideous. Platinum is a nice color with orange. Blue isn't going anywhere though. These things go in cycles.

Embrace the horror...

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/01/new_syracuse_football_uniforms.html

"According to one source, there are uniform combinations with orange jersey tops and orange pants, blue tops and blue pants and white tops with white pants. There is also an orange chrome helmet. Another source said there was also an all-gray look, including a gray helmet."

So dumb. Wearing jerseys and pants that are the same color looks ridiculous. And leave the helmets as Orange. It's amazing that they can't get this even close to right.

Yes me worry...they have shown very little competency in the past at changing anything with regard to SU uniforms. Whether it is Nike or the SU administration, I have no confidence that we will not look terrible regardless of colors chosen.

With the exception of last year, which I thought was a step forward, the uniforms looked good even with the decrease in Orange.

don\'t worry, be happy.jpg
There! At least it's orange.

Why? Good teams don't change their colors just because someone else wears them.
Plus, the SU complementary blue is much different from the one used by UVa,
Auburn, etc.

Why? Good teams don't change their colors just because someone else wears them.
its not necessarily getting rid of blue literally, its about having more orange ( which everyone seems to want) and showing less blue (again what everyone seems to want). Most of the other sports teams have more orange and white and smaller amounts of blue. I think the sports administration want people to recognized CUSE sports instantly when they turn on the TV and not have any trouble distinguishing them from other orange teams.

i like the mid 90s uniforms or go with what the browns do. my bigger concer is could this money for uniforms be used somewhere more helpful to the team.

i like the mid 90s uniforms or go with what the browns do. my bigger concer is could this money for uniforms be used somewhere more helpful to the team.

The University will not be spending anything on these new uniforms, this will all be Nike's dime. It's why they have a contract with Nike so the Swoosh can be seen on everything while they are on TV.

Exactly. Never understand why people (mostly grown men) get so worked up over uniforms and color schemes. Who the heck cares. It's not that big a deal
Exactly... who cares?