Cuse OL vs Clem DL | Syracusefan.com

Cuse OL vs Clem DL

Rocco

Watching you.
This is going to be fun to watch (well hopefully at least). Can't wait to see the Hickey/Beasley matchup. Both have legit NFL potential that have been staples on their teams for the last few years. As Hickey said, this is the "best D-Line we've seen in the last 5 years... and no one comes close..." says a lot. Palmer has been good at RT, but I worry about him as he does not have a quick first step. Long will be using his feet quite a bit, let's just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Quick reads will be key. Long will not have time to hold onto the ball. When we run the ball, let's stick with DMC and AAM. Keep Philips in space and hopefully Estime and Broyld are ready to go.

Can't wait for this doozy.

IMO, Beasley is faster than all of our RBs except Philips. Jarrett is stud NT. We need a lot of 3 step drops in the passing game. Our OL has been pretty good in pass protection, but Clemson has the best DL or one of the top 3 DL's in the nation. With the crowd noise I hope the coaches prepare the team with really loud music in practice and they have a silent snap prepared.

We aren't going to run the ball in the space I would run in the middle and hope we can get 3-5 yards an attempt in the run game.

This will definitely be one position battle that I'll be watching for.

Any chance that Foy is back?

Palmer had a few ole's against Wake.

Not sure, but not really excited about either guy. Thankfully AJ can at least see what's coming at him from that side and has a chance to react.

The interior of our line will be greatly challenged, especially Emerich.

I think we need to have AJ roll out a lot. I remember back to what Miami did against Freeney.

Ya i'm extremely worried about Palmer this week. As a unit we have been really good in pass protection, but i'm worried with Palmer matching up against the Clemson DL. Really hoping Foy can make it back for this one.

Ya i'm extremely worried about Palmer this week. As a unit we have been really good in pass protection, but i'm worried with Palmer matching up against the Clemson DL. Really hoping Foy can make it back for this one.

Should Palmer have any plays lined up against Beasley, that's terrifying. Would give me flashbacks of Palmer trying to block Aaron Donald on that PAT last year. Donald is lucky he wasn't arrested for assault.

I'm worried with both of them. Maybe they will allow us to have 8 OL. That would even up the odds... kinda.

lots of bubble screens will be in the gameplan this week especially if broyld and or estime are back

lots of bubble screens will be in the gameplan this week especially if broyld and or estime are back

I don't think Lester will do that. He knows we don't know how to run screens as our team is incapable of blocking on the outside.

I actually think that the way to scheme against a team with great and fast DE's is to run right at them between the tackles.

They will win some battles but all you have to do is turn them a bit and a fast back like Gulley or McFarland can streak by them to the 2nd level.

i think we see more TE sets and bunch sets to slow him down..
park a 6th OL in there permanently with the 6th guy shifting to either side if Beasley flips sides

I don't think Lester will do that. He knows we don't know how to run screens as our team is incapable of blocking on the outside.

as a way to counteract our likely difficulty running inside and the blocking has been a little better the last couple games.

Inside shuttle pass. Hope we have it in the game plan. Love the way Denver runs it with Thomas.

I have to think Clemson is going to have their ends wide to keep long in the picket...would love to see us counter this out of the spread with inside shuttle passes that are incomplete passes if they get all blowed up.

We need some counters and misdirection but still run between the tackles. Takes the DE's out of the scheme completely.

IMO, We need a lot of 3 step drops in the passing game.
The problem with that is Clemson's DBs will be mauling our WRs at the line and screw up any timing plays. They pressed the daylights out of us last year and we were unable to respond. Pretty sure they will be doing the same again this year.

We need some counters and misdirection but still run between the tackles. Takes the DE's out of the scheme completely.

Honestly you would be better off running AT the DEs vs running up the middle. Beasley gets all the press but Grady Jarrett is the best and most consistent player on the defense and makes it possible for Beasley to stand out even more because he is so disruptive inside.

I think you guys are respecting their D-line waaaaaaaay too much.

This is going to be fun to watch (well hopefully at least). Can't wait to see the Hickey/Beasley matchup. Both have legit NFL potential that have been staples on their teams for the last few years. As Hickey said, this is the "best D-Line we've seen in the last 5 years... and no one comes close..." says a lot. Palmer has been good at RT, but I worry about him as he does not have a quick first step. Long will be using his feet quite a bit, let's just hope he doesn't get hurt.

Quick reads will be key. Long will not have time to hold onto the ball. When we run the ball, let's stick with DMC and AAM. Keep Philips in space and hopefully Estime and Broyld are ready to go.

Can't wait for this doozy.
That will be a great matchup ... the scouts will be watching. What I'm worried about is the other side of the line, from the center over. Can't tell you how many plays I've seen blown up by penetration into the R side of the OL - that would be the side our R-handed QB will be rolling out to for play action most of the time. Palmer, Lasker, even Emerich ... wow. Some serious concerns, lets leave it at that.

Care to elaborate and give your reasons?
We have people talking about having a 6th lineman on the field at all times.

But, I remember how last season went and how your players couldn't believe all of the "trash talk" coming from our players, so I understand you're all really sensitive.

We have people talking about having a 6th lineman on the field at all times.

But, I remember how last season went and how your players couldn't believe all of the "trash talk" coming from our players, so I understand you're all really sensitive.
A lot of the things they said were pretty unbelievable...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom