Cuse opens as 5.5 road dogs at Pitt. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse opens as 5.5 road dogs at Pitt.

Yup -7.5 at Caesars now. Man at some point here, there's gonna be some thin value on taking the visitors.
There is now. Pitt is like us. They beat no one. I still think this games a toss up. The spread is an overreaction to Saturday.

If one of JJ or JT isn't out if the starting lineup it will be the same result.
More likely Taylor, but if it’s Benny he’s almost as useless. I’d like to see Copeland out there. JJ is never getting benched.

There is now. Pitt is like us. They beat no one. I still think this games a toss up. The spread is an overreaction to Saturday.
SU hasn't lost a close game this season which is kind of weird. When they get beat, they get beat.

The opening line was about as expected — I calculated -5.0 based on KP EM with a 3,5 home point advantage.

I do wonder if this is a reaction to road teams really struggling ATS so far in conference season and betters aggressively betting on home teams across the board.

As I documented in the gambling thread I noted that last year I had made a few bucks consistently betting against all Top 25 on the road in January. My theory is that these are often amongst the first real road tests for teams that are hunted, and also typically high turnover year to year.

I remembered about this trend a few days ago, and since Jan 6th I have been casually betting against all top 25 teams playing on the road, and also betting against any team playing on the road that has the best KP in their conference from all conferences. Gives me some games to follow each day.

The top 25 teams on the road are 11-23 since I started betting and the top teams from non power conferences on the road are 13-29 in the games I have picked.

I don’t know if this trend continues beyond the top teams and into all teams whether they are mediocre (like Syracuse) or plain bad.

But it does seem road teams are struggling more than usual in early conference season which could perhaps explain the 2 point swing.

Last edited:
We really aren’t in a position to be insulted by any spread on the road

going 3-2 was what the needed to do.. Now you get 3 at home and 2 winnable road games. 3-2 again would be great with a shot at 4-1.

we go 3 home 2 away 3 home 2 away.. hope for 4-2 and 2-2.. and the anything is possible with the last 4 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom