Cuse ranked 5th in the latest CBSSports.com poll | Syracusefan.com

Cuse ranked 5th in the latest CBSSports.com poll

Arizona just lost at home to 14-9 Cal. He might want to update it again...

Zags play patty cake, they just have cute computer numbers.
Not to mention Michigan. Do losses not count for them?
3 losses in less than a month. Pretty sure we would be flogged by some of these unbiased lovelies.

Not to mention Michigan. Do losses not count for them?
They are one of this years sweetie pies. Michigan and Indy have been locked in from the get go. Kansas was one but they really suck.

Michigan will not be #2. No chance. Miami has a better chance of going up to #2 than Michigan does.
I hope so they deserve it, I will ignore those 2 losses early on. They are very good, best team in Florida IMO.

Michigan will not be #2. No chance. Miami has a better chance of going up to #2 than Michigan does.
Yeah, you're right but I have to agree with cusetown in that they (clowns) really are rooting for Michigan to be that good. Only problem is, they're not. Only teams that should be ahead of us are IU, Duke and Miami, and still, I think we're better than both ACC teams.

Zags play patty cake, they just have cute computer numbers.

SOS is comparable to Indy, Florida and Syracuse (as of now).

I just don't like their conference. They get that SOS built up early, don't believe the hype!

By Mar 15 SOS numbers will be different no doubt . Dont deserve to move up from 5 by merely winnin movin forward. Unless tey win out.

Problem is so many 10-25 teams lost as well - seems to be a dividin line after 9. Kansas will probably come in 10 unfortunately.

Kansas better not still be in the top 10 after 3 consecutive loses to unranked teams. If SU did that we'd be dropped out of the top 30.
Instead, TCU, Ok, Ok St become gods out of this. What a joke.
Want to get a real laugh? Check out espn's "power" rankings tomorrow. I guarantee Cuse gets snubbed by someone, maybe at least 5 slots lower than the other "analysts".
Anyone care to wager? lol

This is the year we win the Big 10 title, in 2003 the over-rated conference was the Big 12. All the experts started the year off expounding how great the Big 10 was. Then they won the Big 10-ACC matchup against a conference with 2 teams, but still gets rep for being good. The experts never want to admit, they screwed up at the beginning of the year.

Just keep winning and we get a number one seed. Maybe getting dirty back shows that luck may be on our side this year. We had a pretty good week. At full strength none of the other big east teams are as good as us.

Big Ten/ACC Challenge was tied this year, even at the top. Duke beat OSU while Miami defeated MSU. Indiana beat UNC and Michigan beat NC State.

Big Ten is the best conference this year, but it's not the BE of 2009 which was much stronger at the top or even the BE of 2011, which was stronger from top to bottom.

Cheers,
Neil

Btw, sorry to harp on this, but...nah, I'm not sorry.
John "ImaTool" Gasaway.
Creighton - 10th, losses 1/19 and on Wich St, Drake, Indiana St, Illinois St, back to back (these last 2 are after his "power" rankings, but still, a nutbar clearly as he had the foresight to go with these guys) AP top 25 wins ZERO. What's a Drake?
Cuse - 13th, losses 1/19 and on, Nova and Pitt, teams that actually play on planet earth. Oh yeah, AP top 25 wins FOUR
Can someone please explain this guy except for
  • Shock value
  • He's lonely, wants someone to talk to
  • He might lose his job if he doesn't listen to his espn boss's "suggestions"
Now, please tell me. What's a Drake?

Here are the latest espn rankings.
Well paint me embarrassed!
I was very wrong on all my ravings, I admit it. Except for Jay Bilas and a couple of others, fairly reasonable. I do think he has us a little low at 10, but oh well.
Meanwhile, Gasaway has us at 7, which is a Cuse love fest for him :)

Gonzaga shouldn't get that much respect in the polls, are they a top 10 team? Yes because college basketball is down this year, but they are most certainly not a top 5 team they play tough non-conference schedules, but their conference is below the A-10 in terms of difficulty. BYU and St. Mary's are solid teams, but the rest of the WCC are teams below 150 in the RPI. Gonzaga lost at home to Illinois, at Butler their best wins are @Oklahoma State, Kansas State in Seattle, Oklahoma in Orlando, Baylor, and West Virginia at home and @11-12 Washington by 2 and they beat St. Mary's at home by 5. Congrats you own the 5th best conference this year in the Big XII, but all those wins were in Washington except Oklahoma State and you have no business being anywhere above a 3-4 seed in the NCAA tournament. I hope Gonzaga gets a 3 seed and has to play a team like 6 seeded Wisconsin or Georgetown in the 2nd round show me you are legit because Gonzaga gets all their love from their run in 1999 but they haven't been to the Elite 8 since then and they always lose in the 2nd round.

LOL Joe Lunardi has Gonzaga as 5 on his S-Curve and Syracuse as 9 on his Curve? This is exactly why Jerry Palm is so much better than Lunardi. How Syracuse isn't a 2 seed on his board is hilarious. Syracuse's 5 best wins are better than Gonzaga's SU 1.@Louisville 2. Cincinnati 3. n-San Diego State 4. Notre Dame 5.@Arkansas(who only has 1 loss at home) Gonzaga 1. @Oklahoma State 2.n-Kansas State, 3. n-Oklahoma 4. St. Mary's 5. Baylor. Yet somehow the Bracket "expert" honestly thinks Gonzaga is the top 2 seed and Syracuse is the top 3 seed? LOL, also the committee would factor in the fact we lost 2 games without our 2nd leading scorer how Lunardi gets all this respect too me is hilarious we need to get Nate Silver to spend 5 minutes and create algorithm to seeding these teams and put Joe out.