Cuse ranked 5th in the latest CBSSports.com poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse ranked 5th in the latest CBSSports.com poll

To be a little fair to Joe, when he did the last bracket Southerland wasn't back yet. I'm going to guess we move up a few spots tomorrow.

To be a little fair to Joe, when he did the last bracket Southerland wasn't back yet. I'm going to guess we move up a few spots tomorrow.
That and I think it was done before the weekends craziness.

That and I think it was done before the weekends craziness.

Yeah it was done on Friday. I thought 9 was a little on the low side anyway, but I think combining the fact that James is back and all the losses this week, and I bet we move up to at leats 6 on his S-curve.

Yeah it was done on Friday. I thought 9 was a little on the low side anyway, but I think combining the fact that James is back and all the losses this week, and I bet we move up to at leats 6 on his S-curve.
He should have us as a 2 in the East.

Joe's top 25 each week is his S-Curve rankings. He moved Michigan State and above SU based on the weekend results some how. Joe's bracket math from Friday
1. Michigan 2. Duke 3. Indiana 4. Arizona 5. Kansas 6. Florida 7. Gonzaga 8. Miami 9. Syracuse 10. Louisville 11. Michigan State 12. Ohio State
Joe's top 12 today
1. Duke 2. Indiana 3. Miami 4. Michigan 5. Gonzaga( I guess beating RPI 250 Loyola Marymount is impressive to the committee) 6. Florida 7. Arizona 8. Michigan State(beating Purdue is better than St. John's What) 9. Syracuse 10. Kansas State 11. Kansas 12. Butler

Joe's "new" projections based on the weekend are a joke. If Gonzaga is given a 2 seed by the committee they better not lose another game this season and all the teams below them in 6-12 area lose a minimum of 2 games each.

Joe's top 25 each week is his S-Curve rankings. He moved Michigan State and above SU based on the weekend results some how. Joe's bracket math from Friday
1. Michigan 2. Duke 3. Indiana 4. Arizona 5. Kansas 6. Florida 7. Gonzaga 8. Miami 9. Syracuse 10. Louisville 11. Michigan State 12. Ohio State
Joe's top 12 today
1. Duke 2. Indiana 3. Miami 4. Michigan 5. Gonzaga( I guess beating RPI 250 Loyola Marymount is impressive to the committee) 6. Florida 7. Arizona 8. Michigan State(beating Purdue is better than St. John's What) 9. Syracuse 10. Kansas State 11. Kansas 12. Butler

Joe's "new" projections based on the weekend are a joke. If Gonzaga is given a 2 seed by the committee they better not lose another game this season and all the teams below them in 6-12 area lose a minimum of 2 games each.

You got a link for that? I only see one from before the games, which has us 8.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...erge-1-seed-latest-s-curve-college-basketball

I'd be surprised if we moved down from 8 back to 9. And Gonzaga at 7.

Joe's top 12 today

Beating Purdue on the road is better than beating St. John's at home, because of the road factor.. But neither is particularly relevant on a resume (unless you lose!!) - it shouldn't cause a switch == what could have happened is a win moved in the top 50 for Mich St.

Not sure why you are so upset about Gonzaga being a 2 seed as of now. OOC matters. You must also remember they do better in "as of now" brackets because the OOC is still more than half their schedule. The SOS will weaken as the season goes on.

If they win out they are a contender for the #1 seed not just a 2 seed (like St. Joe's was in 2004 when the A-10 was in a bit of a down period).

Gonzaga shouldn't get that much respect in the polls, are they a top 10 team? Yes because college basketball is down this year, but they are most certainly not a top 5 team they play tough non-conference schedules, but their conference is below the A-10 in terms of difficulty. BYU and St. Mary's are solid teams, but the rest of the WCC are teams below 150 in the RPI. Gonzaga lost at home to Illinois, at Butler their best wins are @Oklahoma State, Kansas State in Seattle, Oklahoma in Orlando, Baylor, and West Virginia at home and @11-12 Washington by 2 and they beat St. Mary's at home by 5. Congrats you own the 5th best conference this year in the Big XII, but all those wins were in Washington except Oklahoma State and you have no business being anywhere above a 3-4 seed in the NCAA tournament. I hope Gonzaga gets a 3 seed and has to play a team like 6 seeded Wisconsin or Georgetown in the 2nd round show me you are legit because Gonzaga gets all their love from their run in 1999 but they haven't been to the Elite 8 since then and they always lose in the 2nd round.

I don't think they are 5 on the S- Curve right now - agree with you there (closer to 7-8).

Your analysis is well laid out (and I gave you a like because we need that stuff here)... but I don't fully agree that the last 2 would be an outrage. All kinds of holes with respect to teams on the 3rd line right now.

You got a link for that? I only see one from before the games, which has us 8.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...erge-1-seed-latest-s-curve-college-basketball

I'd be surprised if we moved down from 8 back to 9. And Gonzaga at 7.
Knicks here is the link from Friday if your an insider
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...s-large-bid-latest-s-curve-college-basketball
This is all before Saturday and I don't get how beating Purdue on the road versus a bubble team at home should move you above another school.
1-Michigan 2-Duke 3-INDIANA 4-ARIZONA
8-MIAMI (FLA.) 7-GONZAGA 6-FLORIDA 5-KANSAS
9-SYRACUSE 10-Louisville 11-Michigan State 12-Ohio State
16-Cincinnati 15-Kansas State 14-BUTLER 13-NEW MEXICO
17-Marquette 18-Minnesota 19-Pittsburgh 20-Georgetown

Gonzaga really shouldn't get credit for playing BYU. BYU's not very good this season.

Yeah, that's from Friday, which I saw. But you said we were 9th today, which I don't think is right.

I was saying they were 9th because of this
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/powerrankings/_/show/middle
Lunardi's top 25 each week is his S-Curve thus is power ranking is saying we are still 9th in his eyes. If he honestly has us 9th he is a full blown idiot, and we will see tomorrow when his new bracketology projects.

Yeah, I would agree that 9th is way too low. It looks like it's updated too, with Zona @ 7 and Miami as a 1 seed.

Btw, sorry to harp on this, but...nah, I'm not sorry.
John "ImaTool" Gasaway.
Creighton - 10th, losses 1/19 and on Wich St, Drake, Indiana St, Illinois St, back to back (these last 2 are after his "power" rankings, but still, a nutbar clearly as he had the foresight to go with these guys) AP top 25 wins ZERO. What's a Drake?
Cuse - 13th, losses 1/19 and on, Nova and Pitt, teams that actually play on planet earth. Oh yeah, AP top 25 wins FOUR
Can someone please explain this guy except for
  • Shock value
  • He's lonely, wants someone to talk to
  • He might lose his job if he doesn't listen to his espn boss's "suggestions"
Now, please tell me. What's a Drake?
Bump, Creighton lol