CUSE - UK Matchup This Season... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CUSE - UK Matchup This Season...

Do you think Marinatto gives a crap, he is going to screw SU and Pitt every chance he can. He will probably sit Syracuse, Pitt, and the two lowest teams. I would hope not, but thing about it and if we get chosen you can bet we will be on the road.
There has to be some negotiating, though. I doubt Marinatto has absolute power when it comes to this. The SEC wants (or should want) both SU and Pitt in this, for UK/UF/Vandy/Bama and has equal say as the BE leaders

There has to be some negotiating, though. I doubt Marinatto has absolute power when it comes to this. The SEC wants (or should want) both SU and Pitt in this, for UK/UF/Vandy/Bama and has equal say as the BE leaders
Florida-Louisville regional final rematch seems obvious, Kentucky-Georgetown, UConn, Marquette, Notre Dame can all be played. Trust me I would love Kentucky-Syracuse, but I HIGHLY DOUBT we are in the Big East-SEC challenge.

Florida-Louisville regional final rematch seems obvious, Kentucky-Georgetown, UConn, Marquette, Notre Dame can all be played. Trust me I would love Kentucky-Syracuse, but I HIGHLY DOUBT we are in the Big East-SEC challenge.
I will lay $10,000 that we are not in the challenge, if we are it will be a huge shock. This will be the petty fat man's way of inflicting payback.

I think last year the question about the BE/SEC match-ups was asked by someone in a Q&A with Mike Waters. He said that while both conferences have a say in who participates and what the match-ups are, ESPN is the ultimate decision maker. With that said, Im guessing UK wont be paired up against one of the better teams in the BE. They'll get a Providence or USF-type team for an easy W.

ESPN doesn't lay out big money for these challenge events just to allow some spiteful guy in Providence to set the matchups. The Big East office has nothing to do with it.

ESPN doesn't lay out big money for these challenge events just to allow some spiteful guy in Providence to set the matchups. The Big East office has nothing to do with it.
ESPN paid little or no money for this "challenge" the conferences asked for the time on their network. While I bet ESPN would want Syracuse and Pitt in this challenge the Big East will offer its 12 teams and then ESPN, the Big East and the SEC will divide the teams up. I really don't believe we will be one of the 12 Big East teams I would guess Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Seton Hall will be the 3 teams held out.

ESPN paid little or no money for this "challenge" the conferences asked for the time on their network. While I bet ESPN would want Syracuse and Pitt in this challenge the Big East will offer its 12 teams and then ESPN, the Big East and the SEC will divide the teams up. I really don't believe we will be one of the 12 Big East teams I would guess Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Seton Hall will be the 3 teams held out.

We'll see. I don't believe it. But maybe that's why SU jumped at the chance to play in San Diego and play Temple - they wanted to hedge their bets in case we miss out on an SEC case.

10590726-large.jpg

I'm awfully confused (that game was blacked out in DC on CBS so I didn't see it) - that's not real, is it? It's a different jersey.
Flynn's jersey here is photoshopped. They wore the ones on Greene in the background

I think last year the question about the BE/SEC match-ups was asked by someone in a Q&A with Mike Waters. He said that while both conferences have a say in who participates and what the match-ups are, ESPN is the ultimate decision maker. With that said, Im guessing UK wont be paired up against one of the better teams in the BE. They'll get a Providence or USF-type team for an easy W.

Yeah, I will never understand why they played St.Johns this year. Why not us or Pitt. L'ville was out of the question because they were already scheduled to play. Talk about a free ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom