Cuse-unc line even? | Syracusefan.com

Cuse-unc line even?

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
According to ESPN. That can't be right can it?

No way. This happens sometimes before the lines are made/announced. I think ESPN reverts to the default, which is even. This happened with the SU at Duke game earlier this season, it said the line was even for a short while then all of a sudden Duke -9.

ironically that's what the Duke/Cuse line closed at in most places
Speaking of Duke, they are a pick em to a one point dog at Pitt today. I think that is a little surprising.

How many points does UNC need?

Speaking of Duke, they are a pick em to a one point dog at Pitt today. I think that is a little surprising.
Wow, sometimes Vegas is truly good at what they do. I mean Pitt did end up winning by 14, but at least they go the right team.

Wow, sometimes Vegas is truly good at what they do. I mean Pitt did end up winning by 14, but at least they go the right team.

Vegas is factoring the return of the Cooney growl and career game. That and hopefully Roberson ate his Wheaties this morning.

UNC -12.5 right now.
Senior night at the DES Center for Marcus Paige and Brice Johnson. Expect a big game from those 2.

The app on my phone has it up to -13.5 now. That's a bit crazy if you ask me (would have guessed closer to 10). Generally we keep it competitive for most of the game (often with an early lead). At this line if I was in Vegas now (only 2 weeks away!), I would take the Orange.

Last edited:
I envision this game being similar to Louisville (minus the insane dunk show). I see us playing great early, and maybe even getting out to an 8-10 point lead, but ultimately just not being able to handle them inside and losing something like 70-58.

We'll hang around for most of the game just because unc stinks at defense but theyll wear us down eventually, just like the game in chapel hill last year and the dome this year. 79-67 is your final, dont bet too close to call!

Eric15 said:
I envision this game being similar to Louisville (minus the insane dunk show). I see us playing great early, and maybe even getting out to an 8-10 point lead, but ultimately just not being able to handle them inside and losing something like 70-58.

Agree but i think we'll score more than 58.

It's a bit depressing knowing that this game is pretty much chalked up as a loss in many circles. Spare me the "good loss" cliches. There's nothing more anticlimactic than knowing there is a certain inevitability to the outcome. I'm really hoping next year we return to prominence where we'll be favored in every home game... with a realistic chance to knock off any heavyweight on the road.

FrancoPizza said:
It's a bit depressing knowing that this game is pretty much chalked up as a loss in many circles. Spare me the "good loss" cliches. There's nothing more anticlimactic than knowing there is a certain inevitability to the outcome.

New to college basketball?

It's a bit depressing knowing that this game is pretty much chalked up as a loss in many circles. Spare me the "good loss" cliches. There's nothing more anticlimactic than knowing there is a certain inevitability to the outcome. I'm really hoping next year we return to prominence where we'll be favored in every home game... with a realistic chance to knock off any heavyweight on the road.

I feel that way, to a certain degree, with many of our football games but not our hoops team. Winning at Duke was something else. Regardless who they had on the court (or didn't have), that's a tough feat and not many had us winning that game beforehand. I believe this game is definitely winnable, but certainly things need to align for us. We can't afford anyone to have an off night. I doubt we win, but wouldn't be shocked if we did. I still contend that we are a very dangerous team. We aren't playing UNC in a 7 game series, just one game.

The other thing about a game like this... if we lose, that's expected and we don't slip much from an RPI/bubble perspective. Because we took care of business against NC State, we aren't in a must win scenario. Play loose and let's just see. I'm excited about the game. Against FSU I'll be nervous until we win it.

I feel that way, to a certain degree, with many of our football games but not our hoops team. Winning at Duke was something else. Regardless who they had on the court (or didn't have), that's a tough feat and not many had us winning that game beforehand. I believe this game is definitely winnable, but certainly things need to align for us. We can't afford anyone to have an off night. I doubt we win, but wouldn't be shocked if we did. I still contend that we are a very dangerous team. We aren't playing UNC in a 7 game series, just one game.

The other thing about a game like this... if we lose, that's expected and we don't slip much from an RPI/bubble perspective. Because we took care of business against NC State, we aren't in a must win scenario. Play loose and let's just see. I'm excited about the game. Against FSU I'll be nervous until we win it.
I don't think the Duke game was chalked up as a loss. For one, we were playing quite well as a team entering that matchup. Secondly, with the Amile Jefferson injury they no longer had any frontcourt advantage. Can't compare this to @UNC. If anything all the x-factors are swinging to heels, at least for Monday night.

I don't think the Duke game was chalked up as a loss. For one, we were playing quite well as a team entering that matchup. Secondly, with the Amile Jefferson injury they no longer had any frontcourt advantage. Can't compare this to @UNC. If anything all the x-factors are swinging to heels, at least for Monday night.

The point of my post was that NONE of our games should be chalked up as a loss. I just don't relate to that at all. We can beat anyone, some teams are more challenging than others but look around the country, no team is unbeatable and that's been proven many times over this season. I guess we all have different perspectives, which is fine, but I'm not the least bit "depressed" about tonight's game. Instead, I'm very excited about the opportunity to chalk up a big time win and one that will silence any more bubble talk. If we lose, so be it... onward to FSU.

UNC -12.5 right now.
Senior night at the DES Center for Marcus Paige and Brice Johnson. Expect a big game from those 2.
Finally. Seems like Marcus Paige has been around as long as ole Roy Williams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom