7-Golden State Warriors: Perry Jones/SF/Baylor
8-Toronto Raptors: Damien Lilliard/PG/Weber State
9-Detroit Pistons: Tyler Zeller/C/UNC
10-New Orleans Hornets: Jeremy Lamb/SG/UConn
11-Portland Trailblazers: Dion Waiters/SG/Syracuse
12-Milwaukee Bucks: Jared Sullinger/PF/Ohio State
13-Phoenix Suns: Austin Rivers/SG/Duke
14-Houston Rockets: John Henson/PF/UNC

say it ain't so ... Dion a Jailblazer ... and Austin Rivers the next big Duke bust ... can't really argue much with your mock draft though ... Sully must be kicking himself for not leaving last year ... he decided to return and then enter one of the most talent rich drafts in the last decade ... not the best decision ... unless you are Davis and Kidd-Gilchrist leaving early this year isn't as safe as years past ...

I actually like that order for fit/talent, not a huge Barnes fan though - I could see him going either way. I think I would take Drummond before him just because he's a big body, and will be somewhat useful even if he never realizes his potential. Thomas Robinson is a much safer pick as well imo, but Barnes has some high-end upside if he ever gets his motor going.

I actually like that order for fit/talent, not a huge Barnes fan though - I could see him going either way. I think I would take Drummond before him just because he's a big body, and will be somewhat useful even if he never realizes his potential. Thomas Robinson is a much safer pick as well imo, but Barnes has some high-end upside if he ever gets his motor going.
Barnes could actually go second if Charlotte desides they need to sell some tickets.

Why would the Jailblazers want TRob? That is their one position of strength with Aldridge...

Barnes could actually go second if Charlotte desides they need to sell some tickets.
ya know that makes sense, jordan does love his unc guys..didnt think of that

Why would the Jailblazers want TRob? That is their one position of strength with Aldridge...
blazers need size, they could always move aldridge to C (he is 6'11 afterall) and play trob at the 4

Drafting Barnes wouldn't help ticket sales one iota.

Yup, Heels fans won't be lining up to watch Barnes underwhelm some more.

Read last night on a Charlotte news site that Hornets teal and purple was making a comeback around town the last few months, ahaha.

That's their problem... They've been drafting guys to sell tickets, not win games.

Take it to the bank: Anthony Davis won't be the rookie of the year.

Kidd Gilchrist is going to step right in and tear it up. Davis might take a year or so..plus, he has no supporting cast.

Are there no foreign players that are lottery picks this year?

Are there no foreign players that are lottery picks this year?
nope not one this year. only foreign player who may even make the first round is evan fournier who is a 6'7 sg from france. hes projected as a late first pick.

nope not one this year. only foreign player who may even make the first round is evan fournier who is a 6'7 sg from france. hes projected as a late first pick.

Wow, I wonder if owners/scouts are more skeptical of foreign players game, it's just a down year or the overall talent is in a decline.

I hope Jordan draft Kidd Gilchrist. Seems like a low risk pick considering that he's had 2 previous top 5 busts (Browne, Morrision) Might be better off going that route then gambling with a Drummond or Barnes pick. I don't know much about Beal however.

If the Cavs end up with Beal, they will have the best backcourt in the NBA in a year or two.

If the Cavs end up with Beal, they will have the best backcourt in the NBA in a year or two.

I think this is really the most interesting story line.

Overall, I think this draft is insanely overrated, including Ant Davis (not that I think he is bad, I just don't think he is a franchise-saving guy like a Duncan or Shaq). But if they can get Beal at 4, that back court will be really explosive. Even if Beal ends up being a poor man's Eric Gordon, that is still a solid pick.

I think Davis is going to be really really good. I agree I don't see Duncan or Shaq, but you know, that's also the issue with drafting freshmen. If you took Duncan or Shaq as a freshmen (well Duncan at least) he wouldn't have looked like a franchise changer either.

I am just going to come out and say it I think Drummond ends up being the best one out of this class in the NBA. I know I am going to get ripped I just think the young man is going to be a much better pro then College player

Bill Simmons made a good point about Austin Rivers... if he goes into the league believing his own hype from a year ago..thinking he is Lebron/Kobe..he will fail. If he tries to be Jason Terry, he will mold himself a nice 10 year career on someone's bench.

I think Davis is going to be really really good. I agree I don't see Duncan or Shaq, but you know, that's also the issue with drafting freshmen. If you took Duncan or Shaq as a freshmen (well Duncan at least) he wouldn't have looked like a franchise changer either.

I don't see it with Davis. I think he will be a poor man's Camby (which is a compliment). I'm not bullish on guys who grew late. I feel like they fall back to playing like a guard when they need to dig in. He needs to get bigger, get a few low post moves that can be his go to and he needs to really embrace being a big man.

The upside with him is that he seems like a good kid, seems like he will work hard to improve and has a natural gift for defense.

The thing about Duncan and Shaq, is that they had those extra years of college coaching/experience. So maybe they would have been more in line with Davis after 1 year, but they chose a different route. Davis will never get that. Duncan is basically an extra coach on the floor for the Spurs. His added value is off the charts.

I am just going to come out and say it I think Drummond ends up being the best one out of this class in the NBA. I know I am going to get ripped I just think the young man is going to be a much better pro then College player

I agree.

I think Drummond and Beal will be the best. I also think there is some solid talent in the second round. I think the first round talent is overrated.

Two thoughts - 1. I think that Harrison Barnes is this draft's Wes Johnson - a smooth player with all the skills, but just lacks that meanness and killer instinct to really succeed in the NBA.

2. Thomas Robinson is all jacked up and muscley, but I think he's a bit small to really be an effective PF in the NBA. Just look at how Kentucky's interior dominated him in the Championship game. He just couldn't score against those guys, and frankly, he played small. He looks about 6-6, even though his shoulders are about 3 feet wide.

I don't see it with Davis. I think he will be a poor man's Camby (which is a compliment). I'm not bullish on guys who grew late. I feel like they fall back to playing like a guard when they need to dig in. He needs to get bigger, get a few low post moves that can be his go to and he needs to really embrace being a big man.

The upside with him is that he seems like a good kid, seems like he will work hard to improve and has a natural gift for defense.

The thing about Duncan and Shaq, is that they had those extra years of college coaching/experience. So maybe they would have been more in line with Davis after 1 year, but they chose a different route. Davis will never get that. Duncan is basically an extra coach on the floor for the Spurs. His added value is off the charts.

He's not even a poor man's Camby - he's the next one. He's going to be very good. Just compare him to Joakim Noah and think about what he looked like coming out of college. How was that guy ever going to succeed as a pro? Not bulky enough to really be a true center, and no offensive game to speak of, right ?" And that has obviously turned out pretty well. Unibrow is going to be a very good pro. Book it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom