Cuseclappy NBA lotto mock 1.0 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Cuseclappy NBA lotto mock 1.0

People who are pimping Drummond?

I wonder if they are the same ones who picked UCONN as their UPSET SPECIAL over Kentucky because with all that NBA TALENT they were bound to "put it together."

My personal thoughts - Thomas Robinson is going to underachieve relative to draft position. He's just not as tall as he needs to be at the position. People who I think are going to make it are Anthony Davis (no surprise there), Beal, Kid-Gilchrist, Moultre, Marshall with the right team, like Utah or San Antonio, and Dion. I think Fab Melo has a place in the NBA, too. He's a great shot blocker and defensive center. It's no accident that we were the best team in the country when he played. I also think that somebody like Will Barton is a perfect fit at Golden State. He might put up very good numbers there.
i agree pretty much with all of this. i love barton on GS. by all accounts they want an upgrade at the sf (not that i thought dorell wright was terrible but..) barton can put up buckets and would flourish there.

I think Barnes has too much Wes Johnson in his game to be a great pro. Drummond doesn't have the motor that they're hoping for. Both of the teams who pick those guys are going to be disappointed that they are paying them so much money for what they get back on the court.

I agree on Barnes, been saying it all years, the kid just seems content to coast. He'll be okay, but won't achieve what you're looking for at that position in the draft. The skillset is there though so I get why he's going to be hard to pass up.

I still think Drummond is a fine pick, at worst he's a very serviceable big man with that frame. I'd take that over Barnes. With that being said, I wouldnt' be shocked if you get the same value career wise out of someone like Meyers Leonard.

My personal thoughts - Thomas Robinson is going to underachieve relative to draft position. He's just not as tall as he needs to be at the position. People who I think are going to make it are Anthony Davis (no surprise there), Beal, Kid-Gilchrist, Moultre, Marshall with the right team, like Utah or San Antonio, and Dion. I think Fab Melo has a place in the NBA, too. He's a great shot blocker and defensive center. It's no accident that we were the best team in the country when he played. I also think that somebody like Will Barton is a perfect fit at Golden State. He might put up very good numbers there.

The one thing Robinson really has going for him size-wise though is that he has a 7'3.25" wingspan. He has plenty of size for a PF in the NBA.

Guys I think are Bust-Proof:
Unibrow Davis
Zeller
Barnes
Kidd-Gilchrist
John Henson

Boom or Bust:
PJIII
Waiters
Jeremy Lamb
Bradley Beal
TRob
Sullinger
Damian Lillard

Sleepers:
Fab (kinda?)
Kevin Murphy
Miles Plumlee
Doron Lamb
Kyle O'Quinn

I think Barnes has too much Wes Johnson in his game to be a great pro. Drummond doesn't have the motor that they're hoping for. Both of the teams who pick those guys are going to be disappointed that they are paying them so much money for what they get back on the court.

I think Barnes will be good in the pros. And rookie contracts in the NBA are nothing. Barnes has a lot of Joe Johnson/Old Paul Pierce to his game. Very smooth, deceptive athleticism, can score in a lot of ways. Wes could only catch and shoot the 3 or catch and dunk basically. He couldn't really create for himself at all. Barnes is nearly unblockable. He can get his shot whenever he wants because of his athleticism and high release.

Drummond doesn't have the motor right now, but there's just so much raw talent there. He could end up being the best player in the draft.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't think Barnes will reach an all-star level (although he's definitely capable). I think he'll be a guy that gives you 13-17 points per game and solid defense.

Rank the Center prospects:

Meyers Leonard
Fab
Tyler Zeller
Festus Ezeli

Do you think he ends up better than all 3 of the above?

Y
E
S

IMO, if he knew how to take school the least bit serious, he would be a top 5 or better pick next year.

The one thing Robinson really has going for him size-wise though is that he has a 7'3.25" wingspan. He has plenty of size for a PF in the NBA.

Guys I think are Bust-Proof:
Unibrow Davis
Zeller
Barnes
Kidd-Gilchrist
John Henson

Boom or Bust:
PJIII
Waiters
Jeremy Lamb
Bradley Beal
TRob
Sullinger
Damian Lillard

Sleepers:
Fab (kinda?)
Kevin Murphy
Miles Plumlee
Doron Lamb
Kyle O'Quinn

Robinson couldn't score against Kentucky inside. Guys in the NBA are going to be bigger and better than that.

I also think that Sullinger will be considered a success provided he is drafted late. If he is a lottery pick, he's a dissapointment. But taken in the '20s, you are getting a guy who can play physical D and crash the boards. He really seems like a San Antonio or Utah type pick (even though Utah doesn't have a pick in the first round).

Robinson couldn't score against Kentucky inside. Guys in the NBA are going to be bigger and better than that.

11 points and 12 rebounds on 5/12 shooting against Kentucky early in the season
20 and 12; 7/14 against Georgetown
16 and 15; 6/15 against Duke
21 and 7; 7/9 against Ohio State
15 and 14; 7/11 against Kansas State
27 and 14; 11/18 against Baylor
17 and 9; 8/16 against Texas
15 and 11; 6/11 against Baylor
25 and 14; 10/19 against Texas
15 and 9; 6/14 against Baylor
16 and 13; 7/13 against Detroit (Eli Holman)
18 and 15; 7/17 against NC State
18 and 9; 6/16 against UNC
19 and 8; 8/18 against Ohio State
18 and 17; 6/17 against Kentucky

The size argument regarding Robinson has been overblown. He was a monster basically all season for Kentucky.

11 points and 12 rebounds on 5/12 shooting against Kentucky early in the season
20 and 12; 7/14 against Georgetown
16 and 15; 6/15 against Duke
21 and 7; 7/9 against Ohio State
15 and 14; 7/11 against Kansas State
27 and 14; 11/18 against Baylor
17 and 9; 8/16 against Texas
15 and 11; 6/11 against Baylor
25 and 14; 10/19 against Texas
15 and 9; 6/14 against Baylor
16 and 13; 7/13 against Detroit (Eli Holman)
18 and 15; 7/17 against NC State
18 and 9; 6/16 against UNC
19 and 8; 8/18 against Ohio State
18 and 17; 6/17 against Kentucky

The size argument regarding Robinson has been overblown. He was a monster basically all season for Kentucky.

That adds up to 27 for 68 in his last 4 tournament games, or under 40% from the floor, against competition that had good inside players in big games that really mattered. I don't care what he did against Baylor or Texas during the regular season. Texas was disappointing last year and Baylor's front line had to be the softest set of big men in the NCAA last year - a bunch of 7 foot tall small forwards. I just don't think he's as good as someone like Antonio Davis - he's built like him, but is a couple inches shorter.

That adds up to 27 for 68 in his last 4 tournament games, or under 40% from the floor, against competition that had good inside players in big games that really mattered. I don't care what he did against Baylor or Texas during the regular season. Texas was disappointing last year and Baylor's front line had to be the softest set of big men in the NCAA last year - a bunch of 7 foot tall small forwards. I just don't think he's as good as someone like Antonio Davis - he's built like him, but is a couple inches shorter.

Robinson is more of a Blake Griffin style PF. He can beat NBA PFs with his athleticism and ability to drive from the high post. And again, that's a list of 14 or 15 games where Robinson was going up against bigger competition and he did just fine. The ball wasn't really dropping those last few games but he still played pretty well and got good shots off. Just wasn't making them.

Robinson is more of a Blake Griffin style PF. He can beat NBA PFs with his athleticism and ability to drive from the high post. And again, that's a list of 14 or 15 games where Robinson was going up against bigger competition and he did just fine. The ball wasn't really dropping those last few games but he still played pretty well and got good shots off. Just wasn't making them.

I will guarantee to you that Robinson does not come close to matching Blake Griffin in the NBA. Not even close.

Yeah Thomas Robinson could have won NPOY over Davis, but let's draft a guy who seems to only have a passing interest in the game of basketball ahead of him.

It's amazing how people can't see what an obvious bust Andre Drummond is going to be.

Yeah Thomas Robinson could have won NPOY over Davis, but let's draft a guy who seems to only have a passing interest in the game of basketball ahead of him.

It's amazing how people can't see what an obvious bust Andre Drummond is going to be.

What? A UConn big man a bust ... cough Thabeet ... cough ...

I will guarantee to you that Robinson does not come close to matching Blake Griffin in the NBA. Not even close.

Oh hell no lol. I'm not saying he's Blake's equal. I'm saying he's that new style of face-up PF that can take his man off the dribble a little bit and just beat him with quickness and athleticism. I do think Robinson has a future in the league though just because of his motor. He and Griffin are both extremely hard workers. That goes a very long ways in the pros; especially when you're so physically gifted as well.

I think it's been made pretty clear that a lot of people think that Drummond and PJIII are going to be busts, but it's hard to not be attracted to them because IF they reach their potential, they have a chance at being the two best players in the draft and being All-Stars.

Strawman from you - I'm not a Drummond fan, either, and have not talked him up in any of my posts. IMO, he isn't really a much better prospect than someone like Darryl Watkins. People drafting Thomas Robinson at #2 or 3 will not get that value for their pick. At number 10 or 15, I like him, but not as a cornerstone of your franchise.

I had the same feeling a couple years ago about the kid from Ohio State, Evan Turner, who is a classic tweener, and is nowhere near good enough to have been, what, the third pick ?

Strawman from you - I'm not a Drummond fan, either, and have not talked him up in any of my posts. IMO, he isn't really a much better prospect than someone like Darryl Watkins. People drafting Thomas Robinson at #2 or 3 will not get that value for their pick. At number 10 or 15, I like him, but not as a cornerstone of your franchise.

I had the same feeling a couple years ago about the kid from Ohio State, Evan Turner, who is a classic tweener, and is nowhere near good enough to have been, what, the third pick ?

thats the problem with this draft (and a lot of past drafts). There isnt often a cornertsone of your franchise available at picks 2-5.

#2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NBA_Draft

You have to draft someone at number 2. Better TRob than a big man with no big man skills and probably doesn't even like basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom