Custis and the draft... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Custis and the draft...

He reminds me of Brandon Coleman from (the University in New Jersey). He didn’t have crazy numbers, but did have a good senior season. Both are tall, lanky and athletic. Who knows what happens if he does well in the combine. After all of the different coaches and position changes he has had, I hope he dominates. Good luck Jamal.

It’s almost as if SU fans don’t actually watch other football games. I’m not sure if this thread is sillier than moving ED to TE for the draft.

2nd rd... custis as a TE :confused:

This isn’t create a player mode on Madden. Throw 20 lbs on the guy and move him to TE. Hell, he might as well try out at DE too.

He had a big year. Bunch of drops but he made up for those with some incredible catches. I think he's going to be one of those guys that gets a big boost in the build-up to the draft. He'll go to the combine and put up crazy numbers for a 6-5 guy and he'll wind up going in the 2nd round. Physically, he's definitely a NFLer so he'll get some team to bite. Now what happens next, I've got no clue. He's got the skills to play at that level. Consistency (plus lots of injuries) was a problem here.

The pros will be asking what happened the previous 3-4 years. He seemed to have a motor problem and DINO found the right buttons he will have great measurables but 2nd round is asking alot given his career. I hope you are right...

It’s almost as if SU fans don’t actually watch other football games. I’m not sure if this thread is sillier than moving ED to TE for the draft.

This isn’t create a player mode on Madden. Throw 20 lbs on the guy and move him to TE. Hell, he might as well try out at DE too.

He has far the frame of a TE. Agree.

He ran a 4.37 40 while he was being recruited. I'm not sure where he's at right now but him running sub 4.5 at a combine wouldn't surprise me.

6-5, sub 4.5, big hands...granted not the best hands at all but I've seen stranger things happen in the draft.

In the end, the guys that get drafted have the heart and motor to go along with his measurables which he has had his whole career and just found a partial portion of his potential this year. He is still a long shot.
Mike Williams went 4th round. Etta Tawo and Ishmael were undrafted.

Custus is likely not getting drafted. 2nd round??? No way.

If ish had his wheels he would have been top 2 rounds.

Don’t think it is in the cards for him. Great year for sure. A guy like Golladay (also 6’5”) from Marshall now on DET ran more routes in college and had more wiggle and YAC moves. He’ll be in someone’s camp as an UDFA and see how it plays out. Nothing wrong with that!

He has far the frame of a TE. Agree.
He really does. I know some guys aren’t liking my idea but he has speed and hands to play it. He blocks well but them are mostly corners. If he can do well on specials and slowly make the transformation I think he could do it.

Ur not taking a 6’2” kid into a te. He has height speed but can he add size. Why is that so hard to fathom. 2 nd rd is a way bit off though.

I see Custis as undrafted but a guy who makes a practice squad due measurables and gets a chance in his second year if with the right organization.
Exactly. I believe you have seen the future.

He really does. I know some guys aren’t liking my idea but he has speed and hands to play it. He blocks well but them are mostly corners. If he can do well on specials and slowly make the transformation I think he could do it.
Why wouldn't they just draft a TE instead of taking a project? There are a ton of good TE's in college football that don't need 3 years to magically turn into a TE.

Ur not taking a 6’2” kid into a te. He has height speed but can he add size. Why is that so hard to fathom. 2 nd rd is a way bit off though.
It's really hard to fathom when there are a ton of TE's in college football that are already available and have been at the position since they were in junior high. Have the size, speed, blocking ability and know the position.

Is that harder to fathom?

i think he has a chance to make an NFL roster because he is a terrific special teams player. Best of luck to him.

It's really hard to fathom when there are a ton of TE's in college football that are already available and have been at the position since they were in junior high. Have the size, speed, blocking ability and know the position.

Is that harder to fathom?
Yeah but they aren’t as good as he is on specials. They don’t have his speed either. He can stick as a special teamer and work on the other part. Again how many times have u seen the pass catching te actually block. Generally u block or catch but rarely both. A rare few do both. I’m not even saying that’s what happens but they could decide to do that. He has all the measurements.

Yeah but they aren’t as good as he is on specials. They don’t have his speed either. He can stick as a special teamer and work on the other part. Again how many times have u seen the pass catching te actually block. Generally u block or catch but rarely both. A rare few do both. I’m not even saying that’s what happens but they could decide to do that. He has all the measurements.

He has all the measurements of a wr. Wht would a team draft him and wait years for a transformation to TE? Isn't happening guys that do it, need to transform in a year. He gas a lean frame and for a guy that didn't click until his senior, rs senior year; why would TE be an option?

Geeez, at this point, it should be very logical that he won't figure out the NFL too quick after he was a man amongst boys in cfb for 4 years and didnt get it until the last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom