Da Sports Pope retires again

Alsacs

I know that I know nothing. Too bad though
I think I may be the only person that grew up in upstate NY and lived in NYC that wasn't a fan of Mike.

Not saying I don't appreciate his impact, I do. I'm sure whatever accolades he has received and will in the future are well-deserved.

Just never resonated with me (I'm a Giants, Mets, Knicks, Rangers fan).

I'm probably on an island with this.
Mike is obnoxious and has been lazy since he lost the Mad Dog but the guy loves NY sports and entertains his listeners.
The only reason I love Mike Francesa is because he is the opposite of the toxic Boston sports radio scene. My city has hosts who do nothing but troll fans and make them miserable and stoke anger to get calls.
Mike never does that to his listeners. He may say stupid stuff, he may be embarrassing level wrong on his takes but he doesn't try to ruin sports for his listeners. He gets sports are entertainment and doesn't try to ruin them for his audience.

Listen to Felger and Mazz for one football season and you would think the New England Patriots are the Miami Dolphins.

bpo57

Living Legend
I think I may be the only person that grew up in upstate NY and lived in NYC that wasn't a fan of Mike.

Not saying I don't appreciate his impact, I do. I'm sure whatever accolades he has received and will in the future are well-deserved.

Just based on conversations with friends of mine I'd say that island is a lot more crowded than you think.

KaiserUEO

2018 Cali: Rec TDs/18-19 Iggy: Leading Rebounder
Just based on conversations with friends of mine I'd say that island is a lot more crowded than you think.
This is the greater NYC area, of you get 3million listeners...you are #1.

It also means 9 million aren’t listening.

Shawn91111

Starter

Nope, plenty of us out there

HOFCeluck

Barf me a river, fartbag
LOL.

The epitome of hot sports take meatheads. I’ll never understand why people find that entertaining.

bpo57

Living Legend
LOL.

The epitome of hot sports take meatheads. I’ll never understand why people find that entertaining.
ESPN is chock full of these knuckleheads with Stephen A leading the pack, at a cool $8 mil per year btw.

Bomani and Pablo are two of my all time faves - lol -but coming up on the outside is this @ssclown Dominique Foxworth. Watched him debate with Damien Woody over whether Cam Newton should be re-signed by Carolina. Woody schooled him. Foxworth is of the opinion that Kyle Allen is a complete bum and that Cam is still circa 2015 Cam. Apparently Foxworth has been out of the country for the last dozen + Panther games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom