Dailey News riter Boill Madden and I agree 100% | Syracusefan.com

Dailey News riter Boill Madden and I agree 100%

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/madden-yanks-younger-tougher-article-1.1188461An all or nothing philosophy is a dead end at bat. Singles and doubles are sometimes as effective as HRs. Sometimes just getting the ba on the ball will bring in a runner on third with less than two outs. Moving a lead off walk to se or even third can mean a ru scored easily.:p

The key to winning in the post season remains good pitching, provided your bats don't go completely cold.

Madden has devolved into a complete hack and a hit man for the Yankee organization when they are looking to discredit a current player, coach or manager. Think I'll start referring to him as "Boill" Madden, too. :cool:

The key to winning in the post season remains good pitching, provided your bats don't go completely cold.

Madden has devolved into a complete hack and a hit man for the Yankee organization when they are looking to discredit a current player, coach or manager. Think I'll start referring to him as "Boill" Madden, too. :cool:
I'm not aware of that roll for him ad as far as being a "complete hack",I think that far too severe for the man. In any event theYanks need to youthenize the team. :p if Kevin Long needs to go get rid of him and get someone in there that can inspire high BAs

I'm not aware of that roll for him ad as far as being a "complete hack",I think that far too severe for the man. In any event theYanks need to youthenize the team. :p if Kevin Long needs to go get rid of him and get someone in there that can inspire high BAs

Whether you agree or not, I feel the tone of Maddens's writing has changed over the years. Perhaps I'm wrong, but he seems quick to pile on certain targets (Jeter when he was negotiating his current contract, Phil Hughes when he has struggled, Joba when he was injured on the trampoline) and has avoided commenting on other topics such as Brian Cashman's messy personal issues. I'm not certain he's in Cashman's pocket, but it sure seems that way to me. And beyond the Yankees, his writing on other teams and baseball issues seems to have taken on a more negative and snarky tone in recent years.

As far as next season, Cali, there will be changes but I'm not sure we'll see the wholesale changes you probably desire. The team will still be built around power and I'm not sure we'll see an infusion of youth. I'm guessing we might see an outfield of Gardner, Granderson and Suzuki, which would be very good defensively and give you some of the small ball element you are seeking. I also think they will bring back Martin because neither of the top catching prospects seem ready. Tex, Cano and Jeter will be fixtures on the infield once again as well. As much as there is to like about his bat and speed, there doesn't seem to be a place to hide Nunez, so I could see him going in a trade, perhaps for a third baseman to replace A-Rod should he be moved.

Despite what all parties are saying publicly, I think there is a good chance that A-Rod would jump at the chance to get out of town if the appropriate destination can be arranged. After what transpired in the post season, I believe his relationship with Girardi and the organization is irreparably damaged and I would prefer not seeing that daily sideshow ever again.

I like the starting pitching situation, provided Sabathia's elbow problems are minor and can be addressed in the off-season. I would bring back Kuroda, ideally on a one year deal, and believe Hughes and Nova are both above average back of the rotation types with upside to exceed that. Pineda is an X-factor with top of the rotation ability; if he can return healthy and contribute next year the rotation could be outstanding. Phelps looks like a good insurance policy and I think he will be even better now that he has significant experience starting at the major league level. Then there's Andy, who may choose to return. Personally, I hope he stays home because I'm not confident he can remain healthy and would rather see the rotation get younger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom