DaJuan Coleman next year | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan Coleman next year

2-3zone

2nd String
I'm really looking forward to seeing how much better his low post game can get, for the first time in forever he can work on his game this offseason and not his knee.

Will he have that huge jump the Rakeem had? I don't think so but can he be what AO was

I'm really looking forward to seeing how much better his low post game can get, for the first time in forever he can work on his game this offseason and not his knee.

Will he have that huge jump the Rakeem had? I don't think so but can he be what AO was

I think he got better as the season went on. It seemed like the rust was wearing off and he was more fluid and less rushed when he made a move to the basket.
Like you said, I'm psyched to see what he can do with a whole off season being healthy!
(anyone heard how his knees are really doing?)

Figure that its going to be a 50/50 split at best for DaJuan, more likely I'd guess at 8 minutes per half for him. Should be able to go all out the entire time.

I'm not sure he's going to jump around like Roberson. But I think he will still be a beast in the low post.

I have probably unrealistic expectations for both DC and Chukwu. I think they will combine to be a force underneath. Chukwu would be a project if he was a freshmen, but this will be hist 3rd year of college ball and he will have had a full year of zone training. He should have a legit shot at ACC DPOY. He will have the chance to block gobs of shots. Coleman absolutely started improving in all areas late in this season. He has calmed down and stopped rushing when he gets the ball and he quietly started doing a very solid job on the boards. He should provide a very nice change of pace/bruiser type presence from Chukwu. And as Mike Waters said in an article, both will allow Lydon to prowl the weakside for blocks. I will predict we lead the ACC in blocked shots next year right now.

Toward the end of the season it seemed like the lineup of Lydon and DC on the court together worked well. If DC can give them ANY low post presence to rely on we could have a great inside - outside game.

You do know he played a full year at Providence. And under Cooley, they play a lot of 2-3 zone.

Played 10 mpg averaged 2.4 rebounds per game and 2.6 points per game .7 blocks per game.

I'm not ready to annoint him a starter or write him off to the developmental squad. I guess I will maintain a cautious optimism.

You do know he played a full year at Providence. And under Cooley, they play a lot of 2-3 zone.
Yeah, but he played only 10 minutes a game. And in their two biggest games, conference tourney vs Nova, and in the NCAA against Dayton, he played 4 minutes and 3 minutes, respectively. That says a lot.

He may be an advanced project, but he's still a project. At 7'2" with his athleticism, he normally should be in the NBA. So he must be lacking skills and/or court sense. I'm glad he's here, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Hah, Pfister1, you just beat me.

Yeah, but he played only 10 minutes a game. And in their two biggest games, conference tourney vs Nova, and in the NCAA against Dayton, he played 4 minutes and 3 minutes, respectively. That says a lot.

He may be an advanced project, but he's still a project. At 7'2" with his athleticism, he normally should be in the NBA. So he must be lacking skills and/or court sense. I'm glad he's here, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

Hah, Pfister1, you just beat me.

At some point please change your avatar pic before next year. What you have hurts my eyes!

Here, crop something from this one:

download.jpg

Dajuan actually got a pass down low or an offensive rebound and kept it high and put it right back up in the UNC game. This needs to be hammered into his head all offseason that you don't always have to gather yourself. Sometimes the best thing to do is get the shot up quick before the D has time to recover. It could do wonders for his scoring.

If Coleman is our guy next year, we won't be any better. No low post defense. No low post shot blocking. And really, no low post offense. Now, he could develop his low post offense. That could happen. But give me a 7-2 athletic kid that can close out on the foul line shot and reject it. Sending it back for a fast break for us.

If Coleman is our guy next year, we won't be any better. No low post defense. No low post shot blocking. And really, no low post offense. Now, he could develop his low post offense. That could happen. But give me a 7-2 athletic kid that can close out on the foul line shot and reject it. Sending it back for a fast break for us.

Coleman snagged some pretty good rebounds this tournament...he is clearly showing improvement we just need him to grab some boards and be aggressive down low...

I think our season next year will turn on guard play...if Mali leaves we will really only have Lydon and battle and to be our offensive firepower unless we get a legit transfer who can space the floor out. We need a backup two guard badly.

I remember Coleman knocking down 3 3ees in the State championship game at Glens Falls. Whatever happened to that sweet stroke he had?

Good idea. If my avatar does NOT become pResident, I promise to change it. But for now it serves as a reminder: Is that what you really want to look at for 8 more years?

Every time I look at your avatar, something down below curls up and hides in a shell. The options we have are just not good. I also shutter at the possibility of this...

ivanka-trump-donald-trump.png

I've been getting two very different vibes on Chukwu from people that I consider knowledgeable posters (including Jake and Bees) - either he's going to shine as a rim protector or he's a reserve that isn't much better than Keita. Keita was valuable as a reserve, but that's what he was - a reserve who never really improved in the numbers department from freshman to senior (for example, he played 14 mpg as a frosh and 15 mpg as a senior). I don't know what to think.

hopefully he gets to the line a lot. He can actually make some free throws unlike the rest of the squad

Good idea. If my avatar does NOT become pResident, I promise to change it. But for now it serves as a reminder: Is that what you really want to look at for 8 more years?

I don't want to look at her now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom