DaJuan Coleman | Syracusefan.com

DaJuan Coleman

Doc5120

Starter
It goes without saying that the last handful of games have been rough for this team. But, if there's been one bright spot, it has to be the play of DC. I've always really liked the kid - and being that he chose to "stay home" and go to SU, makes me want to see him succeed even more. He's taken a lot of crap over the years, some deserved, some not.

Now that he's healthy and logging heavier minutes, you can see his confidence growing and he's really putting it all together. He's always played hard and his motor never stops. At times in the past, that's got him in to trouble with silly fouls and/or poor decisions. He's the one really emotional guy that really tries to get the crowd/team fired up. And boy can this team use some of that!

Looking at his season to date - over the 1st 5 games, he never played more than 15 minutes, and grabbed at least 4 rebounds in every game. The last 3 games, he's come into his own offensively and he was a man among boys on the glass against Uconn. I really hope his solid play continues as the season rolls on, because it looks like we're going to need 25-30 minutes out of him most nights.

It goes without saying that the last handful of games have been rough for this team. But, if there's been one bright spot, it has to be the play of DC. I've always really liked the kid - and being that he chose to "stay home" and go to SU, makes me want to see him succeed even more. He's taken a lot of crap over the years, some deserved, some not.

Now that he's healthy and logging heavier minutes, you can see his confidence growing and he's really putting it all together. He's always played hard and his motor never stops. At times in the past, that's got him in to trouble with silly fouls and/or poor decisions. He's the one really emotional guy that really tries to get the crowd/team fired up. And boy can this team use some of that!

Looking at his season to date - over the 1st 5 games, he never played more than 15 minutes, and grabbed at least 4 rebounds in every game. The last 3 games, he's come into his own offensively and he was a man among boys on the glass against Uconn. I really hope his solid play continues as the season rolls on, because it looks like we're going to need 25-30 minutes out of him most nights.

JB didn't play him much early because he knew what he had in Coleman and was trying to force feed minutes to Chukwu. Coleman has been healthy now since last season, and I fully expect to see him out there for the 25-30 minutes a night you suggest and give this team around 8 to 10 points and rebounds per game going forward.

DaJuan Coleman has overcome an incredible amount of hardship and while doing so he has shown a drive and level of commitment that you typically do not see in most basketball players of this era. I can remember games where DaJjuan was up leading the cheerleading section from the bench urging on his teammates in close contests ever since he has been here. In spite of what for most would constitute a career ending injury DaJuan has soldiered on and transformed his body in the off seasons and while recuperating and rehabbing from the OATES procedure. Never...never at all has he shown any hint of a compromised attitude or commitment while he faced considerable hardship over the past several years.

And now... when this team needs an emotional leader to help coalesce the disparate talent which is struggling mightily he is emerging as the one steady force who is rising up and making the most of his talents in spite of his limitations. Even as the team struggles... DaJuan is an exemplary player who embodies the ideals which are supposed to be at the heart of collegiate competition. As an extremely avid Syracuse Basketball fan I can say that in spite of the current challenges the team is faced with I am inspired by the play of DaJuan. I'm grateful that during a time when it is so easy to become disappointed and cynical because our beloved team is not performing up to what we expected would be a sensational season I can look at the example that DC is providing and know that the spirit of determination and commitment to excellence for Syracuse Basketball is alive and well as evidenced by DaJuan's play.

When such emphasis is placed on winning and winning alone it's comforting to know that there is still some credence in "how you play the game".

DaJuan Coleman has overcome an incredible amount of hardship and while doing so he has shown a drive and level of commitment that you typically do not see in most basketball players of this era. I can remember games where DaJjuan was up leading the cheerleading section from the bench urging on his teammates in close contests ever since he has been here. In spite of what for most would constitute a career ending injury DaJuan has soldiered on and transformed his body in the off seasons and while recuperating and rehabbing from the OATES procedure. Never...never at all has he shown any hint of a compromised attitude or commitment while he faced considerable hardship over the past several years.

And now... when this team needs an emotional leader to help coalesce the disparate talent which is struggling mightily he is emerging as the one steady force who is rising up and making the most of his talents in spite of his limitations. Even as the team struggles... DaJuan is an exemplary player who embodies the ideals which are supposed to be at the heart of collegiate competition. As an extremely avid Syracuse Basketball fan I can say that in spite of the current challenges the team is faced with I am inspired by the play of DaJuan. I'm grateful that during a time when it is so easy to become disappointed and cynical because our beloved team is not performing up to what we expected would be a sensational season I can look at the example that DC is providing and know that the spirit of determination and commitment to excellence for Syracuse Basketball is alive and well as evidenced by DaJuan's play.

When such emphasis is placed on winning and winning alone it's comforting to know that there is still some credence in "how you play the game".

Your vocabulary far exceeds mine. Well said!

Y E S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom