Dakich | Syracusefan.com

Dakich

Before I clicked on it, I just knew it would be written by Doyle. Two guys that deserve each other. Not surprised that they were once fast friends and that now, they aren't.

He is (was) 1 of the most arrogant sports commentators. I never cared for him. Always seemed like a guy who took himself too seriously and thought the world revolved around him. Good riddance.

WHAT AN INSANE LINE! 1 sports talk radio guy is a bad image for the entire city according to so many people?!? WHAT? This is all i need to read to wash this article out of my eyes/brain space.

(In eight years here I’ve been told the ratings of just one local host, Dakich, but I hear them all the time because competitors and even Emmis colleagues over the years have enjoyed his shrinking reach.) They understand, as do most of us, that Dan Dakich is bad for the image of Indianapolis.

WHAT AN INSANE LINE! 1 sports talk radio guy is a bad image for the entire city according to so many people?!? WHAT? This is all i need to read to wash this article out of my eyes/brain space.

(In eight years here I’ve been told the ratings of just one local host, Dakich, but I hear them all the time because competitors and even Emmis colleagues over the years have enjoyed his shrinking reach.) They understand, as do most of us, that Dan Dakich is bad for the image of Indianapolis.
Yeah, this article makes Doyel sound like a bitter little beyotch.

Yeah, this article makes Doyel sound like a bitter little beyotch.
Wasn't Doyel the guy that tried to make himself famous by asking JB about retirement as question 1 of the 2016 Final Four postgame

Wasn't Doyel the guy that tried to make himself famous by asking JB about retirement as question 1 of the 2016 Final Four postgame
Was 2013!!!!

He was asked about retiring almost 10 years ago now. Good lord.

Exactly what he is.
No doubt. But what Doyel doesn't usually do is lie. He was on the local air here in Cincy and I despised him. But I don't ever remember him making things up, just generally being a dooshnozzle about everything. One of the things some people like about Dakich is his irreverence. He's not an uptight media head, he's a basketball coach with a microphone and worst of all, not afraid to share his unpopular opinion. I can't stand either one but if I had to sit and listen to one talk for 20 minutes or so it wouldn't be Doyel.

Doyel gives it away when it turns out he’s offended by the politics. Saw it coming from the headline. This guy has a column to settle scores and virtue signal. And he’s still a douche 12 years after that Michigan game.

Yes. Doyel has quite the reputation. As does Dakich.

They’re both douche-nozzles of the highest order, but Dakich is just annoying while Doyle is a real jerk.
Was watching the replay of the IU game this past weekend and Dakich spent most of the broadcast talking up how great IU was. So glad we won just to shut him up!
Doyle, OTOH…I just don’t like his face.

I don't have any opinion on Gregg Doyel either way, but the spelling of his name gives me a headache. Just be Greg Doyle, bro.

Yeah, I've also always been irked by people who add an unnecessary letter to their name, because - reasons?

One of my fraternity brothers was(still is) Robb.
No, dude - it's Rob.
Your given full name isn't Robberrtt.

Journo on journo crime?
Used to see that on local Boston TV every Sunday night. There were at least 2 channels that had these shows where they trashed the local teams and each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom