Dakich | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dakich

I like Dakich. Not surprised he isn't ESPN material anymore but he usually has interesting things to say even if the delivery is a bit raw.

That hit piece is pathetic and makes him look good Doyel is pathetic and cringey.

I don't think we'll ever see Dan on a national platform again regardless if he wants to mix sports in politics on his local Indianapolis radio show good for him he'll probably keep the ratings high enough to stay on the air. If he wants to shock jock and offend some people even better. Howard Stern became a billionaire offending people and pushing the line and he hasn't left his house in 3 years and is the most enthusiastic government shill and Karen on the radio these days.

To me everything is fair game at this point unless you are screaming fire in a movie theater just don't whine about the consequences of your fair speech or being 'cancelled' if you piss off the wrong people.

I like Dakich. Not surprised he isn't ESPN material anymore but he usually has interesting things to say even if the delivery is a bit raw.

That hit piece is pathetic and makes him look good Doyel is pathetic and cringey.

I don't think we'll ever see Dan on a national platform again regardless if he wants to mix sports in politics on his local Indianapolis radio show good for him he'll probably keep the ratings high enough to stay on the air. If he wants to shock jock and offend some people even better. Howard Stern became a billionaire offending people and pushing the line and he hasn't left his house in 3 years and is the most enthusiastic government shill and Karen on the radio these days.

To me everything is fair game at this point unless you are screaming fire in a movie theater just don't whine about the consequences of your fair speech or being 'cancelled' if you piss off the wrong people.
I think too often people whine about being cancelled when in reality, they are being held to account for their words or actions. It's fine if you want to be a a-hole but don't whine about it when people say you know what, I don't want to hear from you again. That is letting the market place work.

I think too often people whine about being cancelled when in reality, they are being held to account for their words or actions. It's fine if you want to be a a-hole but don't whine about it when people say you know what, I don't want to hear from you again. That is letting the market place work.
Yup.

It goes both ways too don’t listen to anyone who says it doesn’t.

There would be outrage and unanimous support for Brittany Griner to be freed from the bs charges and kangaroo court. But she used her free speech to not stand for the anthem and now lots of people don’t want to support her.

FWIW, he's married to a former Cuse softball head coach. He also hosted a Boeheim "Basket Ball" fundraiser for JB's Foundation one year if I'm not mistaken. I think he got on the outs with JB when we took ourselves out of the postseason in 2015 and Dakich said the players are being punished for past sins and instead Boeheim should be suspended from the postseason but the players should be allowed to play.

Last edited:
FWIW, he's married to a former Cuse softball head coach. He also hosted a Boeheim "Basket Ball" fundraiser for JB's Foundation one year if I'm not mistaken. I think he got on the outs with JB when we took ourselves out of the postseason in 2015 and Dakich said the players are being punished for past sins and instead Boeheim should be suspended from the postseason but the players should be allowed to play.
I think he just went from being demoted to espn3 to shock jock political troll in Indianapolis.

He’s probably not bad at the latter.

Wish him well. Doubt he took shots at JB as you say he has connections to the program.

Odd broadcaster when it’s said and done though.

Yup.

There would be outrage and unanimous support for Brittany Griner to be freed from the bs charges and kangaroo court. But she used her free speech to not stand for the anthem and now lots of people don’t want to support her.
You shouldn't call the laws of other countries bullshit. Instead, while visiting, you should do your best to obey them. While she is being made an example, and is as much a political prisoner as criminal, she put herself in that spot by breaking the law.

What an entirely useless piece by Gregg Doyel. Very little context provided, no idea why he's so upset.

He worked a TBT game last night on ESPN with the best PBP guy in the business Eric Collins.

He worked a TBT game last night on ESPN with the best PBP guy in the business Eric Collins.
Your post piqued my interest in Mr Collins. I gotta hear him call a game now.

It looks to me as though he went to St Lawrence and got his masters from Syracuse (Newhouse). Cool.

You shouldn't call the laws of other countries bullshit. Instead, while visiting, you should do your best to obey them. While she is being made an example, and is as much a political prisoner as criminal, she put herself in that spot by breaking the law.
At least she wasn't playing in Thailand (Kate Beckinsdale...yummy)

Howard Stern became a billionaire offending people and pushing the line and he hasn't left his house in 3 years and is the most enthusiastic government shill and Karen on the radio these days.

I personally love 'woke' stern -- doesn't bother me at all in terms of dialing back the rougher edges and I feel like the result is better interviews where he actually listens and talks to people and the guest list is pretty absurd. I'd make that trade, personally. But the funny thing to me is that the genius, imo, of Stern is that the show has always evolved -- for better or for worse depending on your taste. I think if he was still doing stripper stuff and constantly fighting with people and trying to shock people all the time, it would be a bit weird for a guy heading toward 70.

As for Dasher's point -- I would agree that while we've become more politically correct, inclusive, and careful about what we say (again, for better or for worse depending on where you stand), it's become an accountability thing. You can say what you want but you often have to own it. I'd also add, that relatively few people get truly cancelled for less than criminal activity (a few politicians, televangelists, and celeb folks have seen this fate). I mean the Pauls are still making money boxing, O'Reilly (civil suits only, I believe, right?) still squawking somewhere, Franken has reemerged, Billy Bush is back on the air ... I mean, it's not great but not like these folks have disappeared from public life.

As for Dakich, he always seemed a little douchey to me but Doyel's piece felt a little thin. Not sure I really side strongly with either one of them on that one.

Yup.

The same people who don’t support her now would be the same people who wouldn’t have supported her if she kept her mouth shut and it’s simply because she’s a black lesbian.

I personally love 'woke' stern -- doesn't bother me at all in terms of dialing back the rougher edges and I feel like the result is better interviews where he actually listens and talks to people and the guest list is pretty absurd. I'd make that trade, personally. But the funny thing to me is that the genius, imo, of Stern is that the show has always evolved -- for better or for worse depending on your taste. I think if he was still doing stripper stuff and constantly fighting with people and trying to shock people all the time, it would be a bit weird for a guy heading toward 70.

As for Dasher's point -- I would agree that while we've become more politically correct, inclusive, and careful about what we say (again, for better or for worse depending on where you stand), it's become an accountability thing. You can say what you want but you often have to own it. I'd also add, that relatively few people get truly cancelled for less than criminal activity (a few politicians, televangelists, and celeb folks have seen this fate). I mean the Pauls are still making money boxing, O'Reilly (civil suits only, I believe, right?) still squawking somewhere, Franken has reemerged, Billy Bush is back on the air ... I mean, it's not great but not like these folks have disappeared from public life.

As for Dakich, he always seemed a little douchey to me but Doyel's piece felt a little thin. Not sure I really side strongly with either one of them on that one.
Stern was lucky he pivoted when he did. By the time of the George Floyd fallout his hollywood pals gave him the necessary cover from his blackface days.

This article was 17 paragraphs longer than it needed to be.

Doyel gives it away when it turns out he’s offended by the politics. Saw it coming from the headline. This guy has a column to settle scores and virtue signal. And he’s still a douche 12 years after that Michigan game.
That's correct. Politics are a big part of his game which is a very annoying trait for a sportswriter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom