Class of 2016 - Dakota Harvey LB/RB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Dakota Harvey LB/RB

Easy to look good against competition of which, none of them will play D1 football, and most will never play more than flag football after they graduate HS. Makes some guys look bigger, faster, and stronger than they would look on tape playing in Florida or PA.

Article from today's Albany Times Union. Might be on their pay side. Averaging 11.2 yards on 96 rushes. References tough personal obstacles he's overcome (no specifics). Indicates he had transferred a year ago to a local private school for academic reasons. Makes no mention of colleges with an interest. Thinking maybe the kid has qualifying issues. Certainly has the physical measureables.
http://www.timesunion.com/tuplus-sports/article/Harvey-carries-load-6611832.php

I live in Albany and have seen the kid play. Smart kid that loves the game. He is worth a look as an interior D-lineman with added pounds or a middle LB. We need to get a bit more bulk for our middle backers. My only trepidation is just how bad upstate NY HS football is these days. Most kids are very small and unathletic.

I live in Albany and have seen the kid play. Smart kid that loves the game. He is worth a look as an interior D-lineman with added pounds or a middle LB. We need to get a bit more bulk for our middle backers. My only trepidation is just how bad upstate NY HS football is these days. Most kids are very small and unathletic.

I'm in the area too and that was my point from above. He's a very good player but he's playing inferior talent and physical size, so he looks dominate. So you really don't know how that would translate to D1 FB, just having the size and speed doesn't mean your a D1 player. The Jones brothers were the exception to the rule but they also more than dominated FB in the Binghamton area which at the time was better than current FB in the Albany area, IMO.

Yes, I agree, I still think central NY still plays some pretty good football but the Albany area has declined in the last 10 years. The simple look test will tell you. We could probably create an interesting thread on the state of upstate FB and chat about some of the contributing factors...less participation (concussions), lacrosse, soccer, lack of dedication, technology (phones, devices, video games), lol

Yes, I agree, I still think central NY still plays some pretty good football but the Albany area has declined in the last 10 years. The simple look test will tell you. We could probably create an interesting thread on the state of upstate FB and chat about some of the contributing factors...less participation (concussions), lacrosse, soccer, lack of dedication, technology (phones, devices, video games), lol

There is def some good football still being played, didn't mean my post to sound like it was terrible if that's how it sounded. If the coaches think he's good enough to contribute to the team it would be great to have someone from the Albany area on the team.

There is def some good football still being played, didn't mean my post to sound like it was terrible if that's how it sounded. If the coaches think he's good enough to contribute to the team it would be great to have someone from the Albany area on the team.
He looked dominant tonight against the #3 ranked team in the state, including running over and knocking out of the game the 6'4" D1 bound kid going to Boston College. 223 yards on 26 carries. I've seen all of his home games this year - not sure where he ends up, but he looks the part...

He looked dominant tonight against the #3 ranked team in the state, including running over and knocking out of the game the 6'4" D1 bound kid going to Boston College. 223 yards on 26 carries. I've seen all of his home games this year - not sure where he ends up, but he looks the part...

I hope they offer him if they think he can play. I haven't seen all his games so obviously the game this weekend was the more telling game for how he matched up against players more his size. Thanks for info.

Against New Rochelle semi final class AA Harvey 17 carries 134 yards 2 tds 2 Sacks 1 causing fumble returned for td by teammate. Saratoga will face Aquinas in the Dome after winning 32-29.

Last edited:
Against New Rochelle semi final class AA Harvey 9 carries 134 yards 2 tds 2 Sacks 1 causing fumble returned for td by teammate. Saratoga will face Aquinas in the Dome after winning 32-29.
Definitely has D1 skills. Wonder if qualifying an issue.

I really don't think he's a p5 player.

I watched the game.
Phat, LONG time lurker here, and you are one of my favorite members. But I respectfully disagree on Harvey. I believe he is a P5 talent. Grades are a potential issue, while a family situation kept him out of the recruiting circuit for some time. I agree with some on here who mentioned Defense would be his mostly likely place in college. I am told syracuse sees it the same way, but has already filled up in those spots for this class. Somebody will be getting a special player at the next level in my opinion. The kid is a collision seeing destroyer on both sides of the ball. His physical approach to the game is one I wish we would see more often at SU these days.

Phat, LONG time lurker here, and you are one of my favorite members. But I respectfully disagree on Harvey. I believe he is a P5 talent. Grades are a potential issue, while a family situation kept him out of the recruiting circuit for some time. I agree with some on here who mentioned Defense would be his mostly likely place in college. I am told syracuse sees it the same way, but has already filled up in those spots for this class. Somebody will be getting a special player at the next level in my opinion. The kid is a collision seeing destroyer on both sides of the ball. His physical approach to the game is one I wish we would see more often at SU these days.

I could see him playing defense. Not running back.