Damn you ennis! | Syracusefan.com

Damn you ennis!

I was thinking the exact same thing during that final 18 sec stretch. Joseph just does not look comfortable out there. Right now he's the anti-Ennis.

got into a discussion at the bar here tonite.
"who would you rather have back : ennis or grant"
spirited debate but gotta say i was in the grant camp.

ennis at the point didn't take us very far in either tourney.in fact early exit sums up his career here rather nicely
Oh please - he didn't have much help down the stretch between Trevor's slump and CJ's inconsistency. He tried to do too much, and he simply isn't an uber-athlete. Plenty of blame to go around and quite a few guys on the list ahead of Tyler (including the Coach).

when dealing with the past it's nice to say what if ? but what i actually saw : early exit acc . early exit ncaa . early exit to the nba.

If he was here Rak wouldn't have the ball and we wouldn't push the ball at all which were some of the positives of this game.

Right. Because players don't ever show year-over-year improvement.

Um, guys?

Remember our last loss in March? The one where Ennis totally gagged on the last two plays of the game?

I think gagged might be a little too strong here, no? He basically had to put up a running 30 footer on the last play of the game. The possession or two before after we forced the turnover I remember him putting up a jumper and not getting to the rim, which I didn't like, but he got a shot up. Did I block out another possession?

Right. Because players don't ever show year-over-year improvement.

Another thing I'll throw out there is that Rak had 6 turnovers last night. Don't get me wrong, he was pretty unstoppable on the block when he could get a shot up, but if they had Ennis back, they probably wouldn't need to be forcing the ball so much to Rak in the post. There was one play where Rak rolled and caught the ball like 16-18 feet from the bucket and tried to get all the way to the rim; that play needs to be burned.

He shot and missed, big difference.

Not having made a three all night, with us down two and the lane wide open, he pulled up for a three.

It was probably debated on here, but it was the wrong decision. Like what Joseph was guilty of last night. Freshman decision-making.

I think gagged might be a little too strong here, no? He basically had to put up a running 30 footer on the last play of the game. The possession or two before after we forced the turnover I remember him putting up a jumper and not getting to the rim, which I didn't like, but he got a shot up. Did I block out another possession?

That's what I recall, vaguely (I only watched it once, live). I think both are similar examples of inexperience leading to a poor decision.

Joseph is going to learn in a Syracuse uniform, though. He'll make the right decision and we'll win games because of it. I like that.

This is simply amazing. I can't be the only person who remembers quite a few people looking forward to KJ saying he would be an improvement over Ennis. Just like Ennis was going to be an improvement over MCW. Can't wait for the "next" future HS great to pop up.

That's what I recall, vaguely (I only watched it once, live). I think both are similar examples of inexperience leading to a poor decision.

Joseph is going to learn in a Syracuse uniform, though. He'll make the right decision and we'll win games because of it. I like that.

The jump shot you mean, instead of the drive? I agree it was a poor decision, I think you need to put the ball on the floor and get to the rim and put the decision in the refs hands if you can.

But to me, that's different than dribbling the ball off your foot. Last night, we rebounded 42% of our misses; just getting a shot up keeps us in the game.

I agree with you on the second part; I don't mean to write Joseph off by any means. He should be around for a few years and will be a good player for us.

This is simply amazing. I can't be the only person who remembers quite a few people looking forward to KJ saying he would be an improvement over Ennis. Just like Ennis was going to be an improvement over MCW. Can't wait for the "next" future HS great to pop up.

whoever thought a frosh Joseph would be an improvement over a soph Ennis should not be allowed to post on this forum.

who knows, and its all moot, but we certainly would not have lost yet this year if we had Ennis.

It's the equivalent of the next football quarterback

Speaking of that, edouard will lead us to the rose bowl

Not having made a three all night, with us down two and the lane wide open, he pulled up for a three.

It was probably debated on here, but it was the wrong decision. Like what Joseph was guilty of last night. Freshman decision-making.

Indeed it was...debated. JB also scratched his head on that one too in his post game presser.

Ennis would be so much better this year than last year IMO. I don't see why people think he wouldn't feed Rak the ball, that makes no sense to me. With CJ and Jerami gone JB would still have Rak and Chris as stapples of the offense and Tyler would have done an excellent job feeding them as running offense efficiently was his major strength. He would also have been an improved shooter and finisher IMO. Guys get better at these things after all. I one thing I wonder about is pushing the ball. I think Tyler could have improved here but would JB have wanted it done as much with Tyler here? I'm not sure and obviously Tyler was still a much more cautious prober in transition than Kaleb who bulls right to the goal and asks questions later.

my thoughts last night went thus. if i had to choose between ennis or grant i take jerami.
hypothetically had ennis returned then joseph is glued to the bench.no development. not good.
hypothetically had grant returned then we see a frontline combo of grant,rax and cmc. nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom