Dan Conley To Receive 2019 Zunic Award | Syracusefan.com

Dan Conley To Receive 2019 Zunic Award

Very well deserved honor for Dan Conley. Spoke with him several times over last summer. I told him in my opinion had knee injuries not derailed his career, he would have been remembered as the best linebacker to every suit up for Syracuse. To this day, Dan Conley bleeds Orange. Orange Forever!!!!!

Last edited:
I first met and talked with Dan Conley during his freshman year and have had the honor of speaking with him over the years. In my opinion Dan Conley along with Nate Helmsley were two of the very best ever to play linebacker at Syracuse University.
Congratulations, Dan on receiving this award,you've definitely earned it. Thank you for coming to Syracuse University to play the game of football.

I have the privilege of calling Danny a very good friend. As high character a guy as I’ve been around. Every ounce of this award is 100% deserved.

He would literally give you the last he had of anything if it helped you along at all that day.

Proud of Danny and very happy for him.

I have the privilege of calling Danny a very good friend. As high character a guy as I’ve been around. Every ounce of this award is 100% deserved.

He would literally give you the last he had of anything if it helped you along at all that day.

Proud of Danny and very happy for him.
I like how he's secured a spot on the company commercials...

I first met and talked with Dan Conley during his freshman year and have had the honor of speaking with him over the years. In my opinion Dan Conley along with Nate Helmsley were two of the very best ever to play linebacker at Syracuse University.
Congratulations, Dan on receiving this award,you've definitely earned it. Thank you for coming to Syracuse University to play the game of football.
Agreed. Add Jim Collins to the list as well.

What a great player.

And a really good guy.

Always hoped that he would become the radio analyst following Chris Gedney's passing - Dan is a very good broadcaster.

Dan Conley stood tall and walked the walk and talked the talk. Was a great leader for the team and showed us all on how to play the game. Just a great all around individual.

Dan you deserve all that comes your way, CONGRATULATIONS. Thanks again for being a friend.

Dan is a great guy who I loved watching play football. Easy 10 year linebacker in nfl - injuries. I used to bounce with him at country club with Roy Willis from Florida. Really good guys. Dan helped my son tremendously at lb in hs. He deserves any award given to him.

Yep when he was healthy he was the best LB I have seen at SU in my 35 years following the program.
I agree with this. Great linebacker, better person. Still sick about seeing him injure his knee the first time. Believe it was his frosh season in a night game at Maryland.

Congrats Dan! Well deserved!

what is dan doing these days. did he ever get back into coaching??

Congratulations Dan Conley, you deserve it. Had a lot of fun talking with you down at the Galleries. Orange Forever!!!!!

Back in the day when tv coverage was very limited, I had to drive from my then home in Middle Georgia to extreme South Georgia and rent a motel room to pick up a Syracuse-FSU game that was covered by a Tallahasse tv station. Don't remember too much about the game except that Dan Conley put on an awesome performance cementing his position in my pantheon of great Syracuse players. Oh yeah, and I remember getting a speeding ticket driving home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom