Dan Dakich just put on a Syracuse clinic | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Dakich just put on a Syracuse clinic

A friend went to the college football awards show in Orlando and said they had the game on all the TVs there and everyone was interested and watching the thrashing. Good crowd to have watching the display that was put on last night!

How about the ugly duckling reference for manlius as well...i mean wow..dakic had all the references..except of course calling us western ny.but ill let that slide with the lovefest.

I'm sure the folks at Rochester University aren't happy today.

Did anyone record Dan's halftime speech? Please post it on You Tube. We need to have it for posterity. It was truly amazing. But he had done his homework. He was talking about SU's women's lacrosse coach. WOMEN'S LACROSSE COACH!!! Just an amazing performance.

Sometimes they leave the halftime stuff on the WatchESPN replay.

I thought Dakich was drunk...

Seemed really over the top but i guess good publicity is never a bad thing?

He actually gave Leigh Ross more air time. Granted he did coach at Bowling Green but still...

Leigh Ross should get as much air time as possible. She's hot.

One of the top 5 coaches in college basketball history. Suck it Igor and Blue Curtain!

One of the best things about winning is that we don't hear much from those two, although Igor put in a rare appearance yesterday.

Haven't seen much of Tristy on the football board recently, either.

In the postgame wrap-up he just said that JB Raefsnyder took the '96 team to the Final Four (with John Wallace). Oh well...nobody said he was perfect! Gotta love the positive coverage for a change!!

Well, he was making the point that everybody saw Reafsnyder as a recruit in the midwest and all those programs passed on him, but he was good enough that Jim knew how to turn him into a C on a national championship runner-up. It was more man love for how JB can build a team from average parts, but playing their roles in the system, and then plugs in enough star power type guys to make it all gel.

I think the run in '96 was the thing that really turned around national impressions about JB. Of course, the flip side is that after '96, he has never really played as much man ever again.

Did anyone record Dan's halftime speech? Please post it on You Tube. We need to have it for posterity. It was truly amazing. But he had done his homework. He was talking about SU's women's lacrosse coach. WOMEN'S LACROSSE COACH!!! Just an amazing performance.

He repeated most of it after the game as well. Another 5 minute commercial for SU. It was really inspiring.

http://www.wyattfirm.com/professionals-detail/Joseph-Reafsnyder

JB_Reafsnyder.jpg

not a chance i would recognize him on the street today... other than him being 6'10"

I thought Dakich was drunk...

Seemed really over the top but i guess good publicity is never a bad thing?

over the top?! dude...we have to listen to the Coach K and Royboy slop-fest every day of the week. For ONCE someone says good stuff about our coach/program/city and you think its over the top? we deserve this..take it.

over the top?! dude...we have to listen to the Coach K and Royboy slop-fest every day of the week. For ONCE someone says good stuff about our coach/program/city and you think its over the top? we deserve this..take it.

The "for once" stuff is so overdone around here.

Once I looked over and saw Greenberg doing the game I was pissed that I forgot to set the DVR... don't mind a fluff game here and there.

One of the top 5 coaches in college basketball history. Suck it Igor and Blue Curtain!

If he can win another title, top 5 might be warranted -- might. As of this writing I'd put him on the fringe of the top 10. Too many others ahead of him have accomplished more in less time.

The "for once" stuff is so overdone around here.
how so? are you saying we hear more positive than negative about our program? If you are saying that I want to know what networks you are watching because i need to change the channel apparently.

I am not a doctor but I believe I see the effect of long term exposure to Memphis BBQ here. Enjoy it JB, you earned it!
Holy cow that can not be the same JB that weighed all of 97 lbs when he played for us. This man has obviosly eaten him and assumed his identity. ;)

how so? are you saying we hear more positive than negative about our program? If you are saying that I want to know what networks you are watching because i need to change the channel apparently.

I would say that every national Syracuse game broadcast features overwhelmingly more positive than negative.

He actually gave Leigh Ross more air time. Granted he did coach at Bowling Green but still...
Leigh Ross or Jennifer Aniston. You be the judge
syracuse_softball_coach_leigh_ross_totally_looks_like_jennifer_aniston.jpg

I would say that every national Syracuse game broadcast features overwhelmingly more positive than negative.
I think JAB earned more respect and admiration from his peers (and possibly the general public) by the way he kept the team focused last year. Plus having a Dion Waters go 4th in the draft didn't hurt either.

Very nicely said

He was trying hard to be complimentary, which he was, but what he actually said seemed mostly empty of substance.

If he can win another title, top 5 might be warranted -- might. As of this writing I'd put him on the fringe of the top 10. Too many others ahead of him have accomplished more in less time.
didn't he have two final fours his first 12 years?

didn't he have two final fours his first 12 years?

Don't you know that the ONLY thing that matters is national championships.

BTW, I hate that attitude.

good lord.