Dan Mullen fired by Florida / Billy Napier hired / Coach P retained | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen fired by Florida / Billy Napier hired / Coach P retained

Did not know Hevesy and Mullen were GAs together at Syracuse (according to Thamel tweet).

Did not know Hevesy and Mullen were GAs together at Syracuse (according to Thamel tweet).

Mullen was a GA in 1998.

Hevesy in 1997.

Nah, you don’t fire the coordinators then follow with the head coach, you would normally fire the HC first. I’m not saying he’s 100% not going to be fired, but I feel like this is a move that screams “next year is your last chance”

Agree. He still has a pretty good record there and a couple big bowl wins. Now he needs to replace them with better recruiters.

They’re giving Mullen to the end of the season but taking a lb of flesh now… if he doesn’t get favorable results through the end of the season, he’ll be on the move too.

Got a stern talking to from dad today.

When Mullen does get the axe SU should bring him in as special teams coach. I heard there is a need... ;)

pretty early for flu to be going thru florida for kids though. and considering FSU is claiming the same thing is also abit tough timing so who knows. And Cal is claiming the same issue with the flu.. in a world like college where more people should be taking precautions you wouldnt think it would spread quite so much.
FLA gov has probably issued a gag order on the word "Covid" so maybe flu is a catch all?

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Florida Football Head Coach Dan Mullen announced Monday that the program has parted ways with Defensive Coordinator Todd Grantham and Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach John Hevesy.

Grantham spent four seasons as Florida's defensive coordinator. Meanwhile Hevesy, who served as running game coordinator/offensive line coach for the Gators since 2018, first joined Mullen in 2001 when the two served as assistants at Bowling Green.

Linebackers Coach Christian Robinson will assume defensive play-calling duties, while Paul Pasqualoni, special assistant to the head coach, will play an on-field role for the remaining of the 2021 season.

Additionally, Michael Sollenne, who has been with the team since 2020, will work with the offensive line for the rest of the year.

Robinson, who is on his fourth season with the Gators, has directed a linebackers room that has produced a consistent middle ground of defenders.

Meanwhile, a long-time veteran of the game, Pasqualoni has served as head coach at Syracuse and the University of Connecticut, in addition to several stops in the NFL.

The flu is something that people say but rarely have. That’s debilitating and you are in bed for.

I doubt it’s the flu
The Irish Flu. Those 30 packs of Milwaukee's Best Ice Friday night will crush you every single time.

What the heck has happened in Gainesville? And how have all the Florida schools reached "suck" status?

Crazy.

Prediction: Mullen is the Va Tech head coach next year.
Mullen to VT is not the most outlandish call of all-time.

I hope that Dino is our HC for the next decade, that said, if I am Wildhack, Mullen goes on my Plan N List (next!) that is always at the ready. Why? He was a grad assistant at SU in 1998 (good year), grew up in New Hampshire and has eastern football roots. As does his wife (as in, she is from the northeast). Mullen is the proverbial unicorn within the context of eastern football.

Is this a long shot? Yes, very likely so. But, his brand is tarnished right now and I do not believe he will be the HC in Gainesville next year.

In a vacuum, Mullen would do a helluva job at the Dome and he might appreciate an AD that supports him in tough times. #YaNeverKnow

Last edited:
A
The flu is something that people say but rarely have. That’s debilitating and you are in bed for.

I doubt it’s the flu
I don’t know about the rarely part, 38 million people had the flu in 2019-2020 flu season according to the CDC

I doubt it’s the flu

There is an outbreak of the flu at FSU and a couple other college campuses in Florida. I’m sure their football team got hit too.

There is an outbreak of the flu at FSU and a couple other college campuses in Florida. I’m sure their football team got hit too.
I don't dispute that. I'm saying when you get the FLU it's not like covid where it may hit you very minor. the Flu shuts you down for a week.

I doubt it’s the flu
While what you say in general is true, supposedly a player did test positive for flu, if that report is accurate.