Dan Mullen | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cook faster with convection, but you need to be careful you don’t ruin the roast
I had an image queued up and everything, came back and it was edited and let him slide lol.

But since we’re doing it!

IMG_6656.jpeg

Such as who?
As I said in another thread, it’s going to be a wild ride for the next few months. This is just the first domino with the HC but yet a very very very big one. People will freak out as they do but we all just need to enjoy the ride. I’m not to worried. We have our guy and I am confident we will get it done.

I’m sure SU will not wait for him. It’s either you want the job or not because we will move on. It’s the only way to do business.
Totally disagree. If you've got a decent shot at someone you really want and your second choice isn't going anywhere, you might as well wait.

People need to pipe down about all these other schools hiring coaches “already”. Michigan State fired Tucker in early October and A&M fired Jimbo a couple of weeks ago. No one else has hired anyone yet. We are all anxious, I get it. But c’mon

Yeah all this whining is completely ridiculous. We’re potentially trying to step up to the plate and I’m sure if we’re negotiating with Mullen he wants some assurances certain things will happen. JW can’t just snap his finger and make unicorns crap out glitter.

Greensboro GA is near Athens GA. Could be picking up his wife who was with family or friends while Dan was working Friday & Saturday.
I think one of my posts may have confused folks. I mentioned (many pages ago) that he has property on Lake Oconee, which is in Greensboro, GA. That is true, but it's a vacation home. His primary residence is Gainesville.

There's a decent chance Mullen is waiting to see which way the carousel turns before he puts pen to paper in Syracuse, right? Could be a better opening he may be interested in.
I would very much bet and his agent pinpointed a few areas specifically of interest and also knows the importance of any pre-portal commitment.

You guys have a good wine pairing for ny strip?
Never had a Malbac let me down with a steak (usually ribeye).

It’s fruit forward rather than spice/botanical, it’s on the stronger side (for me) and it’s on the dry side (again for me)

The price to taste ratio is almost always great too

Last edited:
Yeah I’ll admit I’m pretty anxious. This feels like it could be the turning point in our football program we’ve all been wanting and waiting for. Have a potential monumental hire pending.

I completely agree but some posters are just being ridiculous. We don’t know anything till we know something. If we’re hiring Chris Ash then everyone can go nuts. Until then, obviously it’s all speculation but there’s different levels and extremes.

I think one of my posts may have confused folks. I mentioned (many pages ago) that he has property on Lake Oconee, which is in Greensboro, GA. That is true, but it's a vacation home. His primary residence is Gainesville.
Interesting. Outside of UF there nothing in Gainesville. Not sure why you'd stay there

I completely agree but some posters are just being ridiculous. We don’t know anything till we know something. If we’re hiring Chris Ash then everyone can go nuts. Until then, obviously it’s all speculation but there’s different levels and extremes.
Agreed

They have been looking for a coach for two weeks.
And you think ADJW just started thinking about it last Sunday? He informed Dino before the year that 7-5 was the floor and that he was on notice. He told us that during his press conference.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying we are going slow. I’m just saying that the longer things take, the less chance we are getting our first choice. That’s all.

Too bad it’s not Greensboro nc. Private netjets coming into Syracuse later tonight from GSO.

And you think ADJW just started thinking about it last Sunday? He informed Dino before the year that 7-5 was the floor and that he was on notice. He told us that during his press conference.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying we are going slow. I’m just saying that the longer things take, the less chance we are getting our first choice. That’s all.

This isn’t a school dance ending at 9 and you’re trying to get the last slow dance with the girl you like. Our first choice is either in discussions with us or they’re not. It’s not like there are 6 other better jobs out there right now. And if your first choice is waiting for better jobs to open up, they shouldn’t be your first choice anyway. What kind of job are they going to do.

Too bad it’s not Greensboro nc. Private netjets coming into Syracuse later tonight from GSO.
Couple PJs are landing soon, one from NYC in a few minutes. Don’t think that has any relation obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.