Dan Mullen | Page 177 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michigan State had their new coach less than 24 hours after their last game. Seems standard practice for P5 coaches. Decisions are made fast and with conviction
They've had all season to find & confirm their new coach. Months!!! :)

Couple PJs are landing soon, one from NYC in a few minutes. Don’t think that has any relation obviously.
Don’t think so either based on the registration / owner info. There’s also no telling where he’s coming from and whether it’d be private at this point. So kind of impossible.

This isn’t a school dance ending at 9 and you’re trying to get the last slow dance with the girl you like. Our first choice is either in discussions with us or they’re not. It’s not like there are 6 other better jobs out there right now. And if your first choice is waiting for better jobs to open up, they shouldn’t be your first choice anyway. What kind of job are they going to do.
We are on the same page. I’m insinuating Mullen might be waiting for better jobs. And the longer this goes without hearing something, the more likely that statement is true.

Interesting. Outside of UF there nothing in Gainesville. Not sure why you'd stay there
Very true. Unless you have ties to UF and/or like the university atmosphere, nothing else there and not much even close. I live in Tampa and that's 2 hours away.

We are on the same page. I’m insinuating Mullen might be waiting for better jobs. And the longer this goes without hearing something, the more likely that statement is true.

Gotcha. My bad.

A&M presumably kicked the tires on Dabo, Stoops and now Elko all within the last 24-36 hours. This is the part that concerns me. Top tier schools are able to just pick their coach and fast. That can leave us a step behind. And that is why people are anxious.
What we see happen publicly is not usually how it is taking place IRL.

I’ll be driving past that exit around 11pm tonight I’ll pick him up

1701038413992.gif

It's beautiful horse country and has multiple springs and rivers nearby. It's about an hour or so to each coast. We're actually looking for a winter home in that area.
Yep, I gallop my horse over there a good bit while we prance through the many rivers and springs nearby. Couldn't do that anywhere else. Good times. JK.

This thread is like an ex you can’t stop trying to get back together with. She’s frustrating, annoying, drinks bourbon, won’t share any of her only fans $, rents from Avis instead of Enterprise, spends $300 to drive an Uber to Boston from Albany, picks up strangers at the Rotterdam exit on the thruway - even if they’re naked, and tells you things you already know. But you keep going back for more.

At this time if we hired an FCS coach, we would be telling the entire country, we aren't interested in big time football.
With all the current rumblings on schools moving to other conferences, we don't need to go backwards.

Yeah, it would be like an audition for the Patriot League if Chesney doesn't work out, should he be the choice. Huge roll of the dice, no matter how nice, hard working and energetic he may be.

It's not like recruits don't know who Mullen is - he's been on TV every weekend! I hope that boosters and alums really come through, because this is the time. Now or never.

Status
Not open for further replies.