Dan Mullen | Page 179 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points. On the other hand, Al Golden as defensive coordinator would be pretty good. I think he could be very effective recruiting for us. He's been a lot of really good places, and generally done well, aside from as Head Coach at Miami. But he's coached up and down the East Coast, and in the midwest, in the NFL. He'd be a terrific guy to have on staff, IMO. Not head coach, but I'd be happy with him as DC.
So Golden will trade being DC at Notre Dame to be DC at Syracuse?

Let's just hire Will Arnett. It's no surprise his style of humor didn't play in Mississippi.
IMG_9009.jpeg

So Golden will trade being DC at Notre Dame to be DC at Syracuse?

Not willingly, no. They are 9-3. Seems like he's mostly done a good job.

Who knows what kind of standards their alumni have, though, and who might be a scapegoat for a "subpar" season?

The activity in this thread has been nuts. I don’t know where it ranks all time on the football board, but we’ve got to be approaching rare air.

Shades of the Ishaq Williams commitment thread. Robert Washington had a pretty good run too. Wonder how long Dino’s was?

I don't understand why people are expecting a Sunday announcement.

Why wouldn’t we? Do we not work on Sunday? Another P5 just announced their coach today? A&M will probably announce today also?

I think people are seeing other schools fans get some relief today and feeling jealous.

Still, this is a communications school. You announce things on Monday that you want people to cover. You announce them on Friday afternoon or the weekend if you don't really want people to notice.

Why wouldn’t we? Do we not work on Sunday? Another P5 just announced their coach today? A&M will probably announce today also?

media coverage is greater on monday than on the weekend.

Not willingly, no. They are 9-3. Seems like he's mostly done a good job.

Who knows what kind of standards their alumni have, though, and who might be a scapegoat for a "subpar" season?
There was an article a day or two ago saying how relieved ND was that Cuse may be looking in another direction than golden, forget who wrote it and if they are tied in though

Still, this is a communications school. You announce things on Monday that you want people to cover. You announce them on Friday afternoon or the weekend if you don't really want people to notice.
So that means they likely AREN'T hiring the Patriot League guy with no Power 5 experience? ;)

The activity in this thread has been nuts. I don’t know where it ranks all time on the football board, but we’ve got to be approaching rare air.

Shades of the Ishaq Williams commitment thread. Robert Washington had a pretty good run too. Wonder how long Dino’s was?
Good call on the Ishaq Williams commitment thread. I’ll also add the Nduka Oneayli thread, which I think was the same year as a distant 2nd.

He's been with ESPN less than two years. He was hired in 2022. Whether it's an ESPN policy or not it just may be as a courtesy to someone he works with. Maybe he has an agreement to get the scoop when it's done, either from Mullen or Wildhack.
there's no such thing, reporters break it when they've confirmed it with their sources, it is ridiculous to think he'd hold it because Mullen is ESPN, reporters want to be first to break news, ESPN would want him to break it to show they are the authority on sports news

We just saved a ton of money by giving Autry and the guys a chance. Spend it now, when it most matters.
Where are all the people on this forum who said Money was not the issue and that the Cuse had the money to compete with the top schools? If money was not an issue, Mullen would be signed, deal done, if in fact, he is Wildhack's top choice. The reality is, when you factor in facility upgrades, NIL, head coach's salary, and money for a decent staff, Syracuse is not in the same financial position as many of the schools, homers on this forum said we should be able to compete with. If this coaching scenario hasn't made that clear,I don't know what else ever will. Hopefully, the financials work out so that Syracuse can secure a great coach , we can pay the players we need to retain as well as recruit, and the HC can hire a really good staff!!

Where are all the people on this forum who said Money was not the issue and that the Cuse had the money to compete with the top schools? If money was not an issue, Mullen would be signed, deal done, if in fact, he is Wildhack's top choice. The reality is, when you factor in facility upgrades, NIL, head coach's salary, and money for a decent staff, Syracuse is not in the same financial position as many of the schools, homers on this forum said we should be able to compete with. If this coaching scenario hasn't made that clear,I don't know what else ever will. Hopefully, the financials work out so that Syracuse can secure a great coach and he can hire a really good staff!!
Let's not forget we are gonna get some of that sweet sweet SMU and Cal money.

Status
Not open for further replies.