Dan Mullen | Page 214 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barrie didn’t say that stuff on air without Mullen’s sign off though, or said differently, if Mullen didn’t want it said, it wouldn’t have been said, especially after the 1st time
Do you vet every time you bust someone’s balls?

This

Some people like to think they are on the inside. It’s a power trip for some on here. I said from day 1(not day 6 where I lived) that Thamel would give us the hint.

I fell for some of this that Mullin was in play because of being on campus. Wasn’t Lloyd Carr on campus at one point too for an interview? He may have been on campus buying gifts for big orange fans, has a cousin at the school. We tend to be crazy

Bob Chesney is going to be a fantastic partner to wildhack if he’s the guy. Grow into the job and be a force in the north east. There will be holdovers on the staff for sure.

Let’s settle down. Mullin was an incredible sugar high. You don’t do something for ticket sales you find a guy who can sustain winning and enthusiasm towards the program

If they build it and the hc buys into the community we will be fine
Stop with the NE. The NE is irrelevant for FB. That’s the same 1950’s thinking that Army should be a conference foe.
Winning should be the sole criteria.

I see we’re now at the stage where we believe anonymous, unverified sources and just assume that SU screwed it up.

And next time someone says they heard something, the cycle starts all over.

I know this is going to be a big let down for everyone. If it was someone on the board of trustees/administrators at the school who vetoed and not Mullen that walked away, heads should roll.

That being said, I would be thrilled with Bob Chesney and whoever the next head coach is- don’t let the frustration of not landing Mullen out on the new guy. Chesney can get us to the promised land if we buy in
I heard the 'money' wanted Mullen, but the 'administration' was concerned about his prior recruiting violations. I have no further details.

If that is true, then I would surmise this is what the trip to Chicago was about, and late in the evening a decision was reached and communicated to Mullen.

This

Some people like to think they are on the inside. It’s a power trip for some on here. I said from day 1(not day 6 where I lived) that Thamel would give us the hint.

I fell for some of this that Mullin was in play because of being on campus. Wasn’t Lloyd Carr on campus at one point too for an interview? He may have been on campus buying gifts for big orange fans, has a cousin at the school. We tend to be crazy

Bob Chesney is going to be a fantastic partner to wildhack if he’s the guy. Grow into the job and be a force in the north east. There will be holdovers on the staff for sure.

Let’s settle down. Mullin was an incredible sugar high. You don’t do something for ticket sales you find a guy who can sustain winning and enthusiasm towards the program

If they build it and the hc buys into the community we will be fine
There’s a whole world out there outside of Massachsetts. Don’t be scared of it.

I’m beyond disappointed. I’m not a fan of any of the other candidates except White who would in my mind be the only one to prevent a portal exodus.

I hope you are all wrong and am hoping for the best with Chesney.

Just got up. Is Mullen squashing rumors, or saying Cuse decided against him? Will we ever know?

Status
Not open for further replies.