Dan Mullen | Page 247 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes zero sense. These interviews are conducted in airport hotels.

On Campus….on Thanksgiving week none the less.

SMH

Was he picking up his daughter or something??

Uhm, you are aware his whole family lives in New Hampshire right? LOL

Like I said chief, there’s no point having this discussion with you.

You aren’t going to believe what we say anyway.

So carry on with your day

Uhm, you are aware his whole family lives in New Hampshire right? LOL

Like I said chief, there’s no point having this discussion with you.

You aren’t going to believe what we say anyway.

So carry on with your day
New Hampshire.

What? Who?

Where is that exactly? Between Jamesville and Dewitt? Near Liverpoo!?

I
don’t care and didn’t know you were Paul Revere for that.

Nashua is 330 miles from Cuse.

So is:

Cape Cod
Portland, ME
Quebec City
DC
De-freakin-troit

And all places in between that also don’t make sense as to why he would be on campus for an interview when Wildhack & team would come to him.

Reactions: CIL
New Hampshire.

What? Who?

Where is that exactly? Between Jamesville and Dewitt? Near Liverpoo!?

I
don’t care and didn’t know you were Paul Revere for that.

Nashua is 330 miles from Cuse.

So is:

Cape Cod
Portland, ME
Quebec City
DC
De-freakin-roit

And all places in between that also don’t make sense as to why he would be on campus for an interview when Wildhack & team would come to him.

You’re right! He wasn’t here!

Are you happy now?

You’re right! He wasn’t here!

Are you happy now?
No.

Say you’re a liar to your fans here.

But like I said, I really don’t care, I know I’m right and have no friends, so I’ve got a clean conscious.

If it turns out I was wrong, just like the Fonz, it will suck…but I will admit as much.

Go die on that hill, Internet sleuth hero, it’s fine.

As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: CIL
It’s easily explainable, but it can’t be because sources will be exposed. Like JRHEETER says, don’t care if you believe it or not. It happened. And JW has some very good reasons for denying it all.
People Want the scoop, but when told, don’t believe it. Fine. Is what it is. People will not be so ready to share in the future.
Go Ahead and flame
It’s so funny…if people read what JW said how specific he was….nothing of which precludes Mullen from being here

Hey believe whatever you want. I don’t really care

Doesn’t really bother me

I know for a fact he was, but like I said, doesn’t bother me if you believe it or not

The bottom line is, we didn’t hire him, so ultimately it doesn’t matter if he was or was not on campus I guess in the grand scheme of things
When do you think the Mullen files will get declassified? I hope it's not the standard 27 years.

It’s easily explainable, but it can’t be because sources will be exposed. Like JRHEETER says, don’t care if you believe it or not. It happened. And JW has some very good reasons for denying it all.
People Want the scoop, but when told, don’t believe it. Fine. Is what it is. People will not be so ready to share in the future.
Go Ahead and flame
I didn’t ask him to name names sport. Just why the level of certainty.

It’s so funny…if people read what JW said how specific he was….nothing of which precludes Mullen from being here
The only way that works is he took a personal screening meeting with Herm and the committee and after some coffee and lunch one side or both said no need to go any further.

Mullen could have said I really like the ESPN gig and what I’m getting there on top of my buy out and it would take north of that to leave.

That would be enough for me to start looking at my watch.

Another hilarious possibility is that Jimmy Sexton put enough money on Dan Mullen as the next Syracuse head coach to move the line, sent a look-a-like to campus, and then confirmed the rumor to a reporter or two.

Somewhere in between a Slippin' Jimmy and Jimmy McGill level of deception and trickery.

Fty_udGXsAE6ncU.jpg

Pages on this thread every time it's on the verge of finally dying

The only way that works is he took a personal screening meeting with Herm and the committee and after some coffee and lunch one side or both said no need to go any further.

Mullen could have said I really like the ESPN gig and what I’m getting there on top of my buy out and it would take north of that to leave.
In the spirit of "the simplest explanation is usually right," let's try this one on for size...

1. Mullen expresses interest in the job, through his agent Jimmy Sexton.

2. Wildhack says sure, we'd be interested, but let's not waste each other's time. Before we do interviews, what's he need for salary, assistants salaries, etc?

3. Sexton returns with those numbers, Wildhack says he'll go see what he can do and let him know whether it's worth interviewing. Meanwhile, the search in general moves forward with other candidates.

4. Perhaps there are some rumors around campus that Mullen has expressed interest. Maybe a look-a-like is spotted, and thus people truly believe they saw him. Thus people spreading that he was there are 100% confident he was on campus, but really it was just some random dude around the same age.

5. Sexton leaks that he and Wildhack are talking numbers, waiting to see if demands can be met. The credible national reporters who are used to dealing with Sexton, perhaps know that this could mean any number of things... But maybe a local TV reporter trying to confirm the rumor Mullen was on campus who has never dealt with Sexton before draws the most obvious conclusion, "Whoa? They're talking numbers? It's basically a done deal!"

6. 240+ pages of SyracuseFan GREATNESS. We'll always have Enterprise!

7. On Sunday night, Wildhack lets Sexton know that they don't need to talk to Mullen, but Fran Brown is the guy and they start hammering out a deal.

8. Sexton tells Mullen it's not happening, and Mullen drops his Tweet.

9. We churn onward, because this thread cannot die. 300 pages or bust!

That would be enough for me to start looking at my watch.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. The firm reached out to him, had a few initial conversations. Word got out, everyone got their jump to conclusions mats out and started passing it around to their friends (two references to that in one thread, bang!). Mullen probably told Barrie the firm reached out to him, Barrie had some fun with it.

Mullen said he's happy at ESPN. Which would make sense because you don't hear his name mentioned at any other job. So that's what he's telling everyone. The Florida Gator lunatic fringe probably did a real number on him.

Never got to Wildhack's level, so he could be that definitive in his statements, he's not lying.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. The firm reached out to him, had a few initial conversations. Word got out, everyone got their jump to conclusions mats out and started passing it around to their friends (two references to that in one thread, bang!). Mullen probably told Barrie the firm reached out to him, Barrie had some fun with it.

Mullen said he's happy at ESPN. Which would make sense because you don't hear his name mentioned at any other job. So that's what he's telling everyone. The Florida Gator lunatic fringe probably did a real number on him.

Never got to Wildhack's level, so he could be that definitive in his statements, he's not lying.
It doesn't have to get to "Wildhack's level" when half the people that work at ESPN are Syracuse alumni or old colleges of his.

And, not one, not one poster giving out this info has any reason to stick by their story and defend it, other than it’s true.
I didn’t ask him to name names sport. Just why the level of certainty.
ok chief. I know youre butt hurt because of Your man crush on Marrone and he wasn’t even considered

Last edited:
In the spirit of "the simplest explanation is usually right," let's try this one on for size...

1. Mullen expresses interest in the job, through his agent Jimmy Sexton.

2. Wildhack says sure, we'd be interested, but let's not waste each other's time. Before we do interviews, what's he need for salary, assistants salaries, etc?

3. Sexton returns with those numbers, Wildhack says he'll go see what he can do and let him know whether it's worth interviewing. Meanwhile, the search in general moves forward with other candidates.

4. Perhaps there are some rumors around campus that Mullen has expressed interest. Maybe a look-a-like is spotted, and thus people truly believe they saw him. Thus people spreading that he was there are 100% confident he was on campus, but really it was just some random dude around the same age.

5. Sexton leaks that he and Wildhack are talking numbers, waiting to see if demands can be met. The credible national reporters who are used to dealing with Sexton, perhaps know that this could mean any number of things... But maybe a local TV reporter trying to confirm the rumor Mullen was on campus who has never dealt with Sexton before draws the most obvious conclusion, "Whoa? They're talking numbers? It's basically a done deal!"

6. 240+ pages of SyracuseFan GREATNESS. We'll always have Enterprise!

7. On Sunday night, Wildhack lets Sexton know that they don't need to talk to Mullen, but Fran Brown is the guy and they start hammering out a deal.

8. Sexton tells Mullen it's not happening, and Mullen drops his Tweet.

9. We churn onward, because this thread cannot die. 300 pages or bust!
something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.