Dan Mullen | Page 246 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright folks, I have some old college buddies who work for a certain network in Bristol. They tell me they don't know a thing personally, but the cafeteria lady on the network's campus says Mullen gave her a big hug and a tearful goodbye. Turns out, she's been sneaking him bourbon at lunch, so they're tight.

Anyway, he told her he's leaving to be an offensive coordinator. He wouldn't tell her where, but on the way out of the cafeteria he went to the fresh fruit, grabbed an orange and tossed it to her with a wink.

And that was the last time anyone saw Dan Mullen in Bristol before he got into his Enterprise rental car and drove towards upstate New York.
Here we go. the sequel will be called “The road to 500 pages“

I'm not going to call Wildhack a liar, but the info I got came from a very (and I mean very) well connected person. Maybe what they heard wasn't true, but earlier in the week I was told Mullen was basically a done deal. Who knows maybe Bulldog and I know the same person who was feeding bogus information. It will make me think twice before posting anything again though. Sorry for all the excitement, but the thread was a fun place and gave me something to follow at night between SU basketball games.
You should schedule a lessons learned retrospective with your source and find out what if anything was planted. CIs are only good if they can be trusted.

Maybe he had good information, though, and it really did fall through at the 11th hour. In some ways that’s more believable than the entire football team reading this forum and deciding to follow DM.

Alright folks, I have some old college buddies who work for a certain network in Bristol. They tell me they don't know a thing personally, but the cafeteria lady on the network's campus says Mullen gave her a big hug and a tearful goodbye. Turns out, she's been sneaking him bourbon at lunch, so they're tight.

Anyway, he told her he's leaving to be an offensive coordinator. He wouldn't tell her where, but on the way out of the cafeteria he went to the fresh fruit, grabbed an orange and tossed it to her with a wink.

And that was the last time anyone saw Dan Mullen in Bristol before he got into his Enterprise rental car and drove towards upstate New York.
As much as I try to stay away from this thread, the more I cant leave. This one made me lol ^^^^

This denial has now made psuedo national news. [Sorry if this has already been reported on here but if so I didn't see it in yesterday's or today's pages]

And the reporter doesn't even mention this site and the 246 pages of this thread.

And the reporter doesn't mention the possibility that Wildhack talked to his agent or the agent talked to Wildhack's search firm.

And this article isn't even written by the SU alum on the staff of Awful Announcing -- Sean Keeley (the founder of the NunesMagician website) who usually writes things Syracuse related.

Do we think it's possible that this whole rumor could have been started by Mullen's agent to generate buzz for him to be hired by some school? I recall that early in this thread (like maybe Thursday night or Friday) someone posted that agents do things like that.

Still a mystery.

The best was the # of posters who actually thought Mullen was on campus!!

Seriously??!!!

Good lord people!!

I certainly wanted the school to HIRE MULLEN, but never for once did I believe in the Great Pumpkin theory.

The guy getting to drink bourbon while watching his wife get banged by Sam Elliott had a higher probability than that fantasy.

The best was the # of posters who actually thought Mullen was on campus!!

Seriously??!!!

Good lord people!!

I certainly wanted the school to HIRE MULLEN, but never for once did I believe in the Great Pumpkin theory.

The guy getting to drink bourbon while watching his wife get banged by Sam Elliott had a higher probability than that fantasy.

He was on campus

I don’t really care what JW says here…

No F’n way.

Hey believe whatever you want. I don’t really care

Doesn’t really bother me

I know for a fact he was, but like I said, doesn’t bother me if you believe it or not

The bottom line is, we didn’t hire him, so ultimately it doesn’t matter if he was or was not on campus I guess in the grand scheme of things

Doesn’t really bother me

I know for a fact he was, but like I said, doesn’t bother me if you believe it or not

The bottom line is, we didn’t hire him, so ultimately it doesn’t matter if he was or was not on campus I guess in the grand scheme of things

So we have one side saying he was definitely on campus in some capacity related to this role.

We have the other side saying he was never spoken to, contacted, texted, nada. Only had a brief conversation with him at the VT game which was a typical AD hello to the broadcasters.

This stuff is so easily verifiable, not sure how people can go so all in. Do they sign NDAs or something?

Meh, I suspect one person was messing around and started a rumor that others jumped on because everyone loves to be in the know. The original rumor was that Mullen attended a football practice, which is bat spit insane.

2a23e34a-6f5f-431f-a5c1-02ea1b3bcb55_text.gif

Reactions: CIL
So we have one side saying he was definitely on campus in some capacity related to this role.

We have the other side saying he was never spoken to, contacted, texted, nada. Only had a brief conversation with him at the VT game which was a typical AD hello to the broadcasters.

This stuff is so easily verifiable, not sure how people can go so all in. Do they sign NDAs or something?

Yes

Doesn’t really bother me

It's all so hysterically bizarre...

Doesn’t really bother me

I'll take your word because why not. I have no skin in the game at all.

I just don't get the subterfuge for Syracuse (looking for a coach) and the coach himself, who doesn't have a job currently. Not like they had to hide out in seedy motels so no one would find out they were cheating.

Doesn’t really bother me

Also...it's not illegal for JW to lie or mislead a reporter. He's not under oath. He accomplished what he wanted with that quote.

Also...it's not illegal for JW to lie or mislead a reporter. He's not under oath. He accomplished what he wanted with that quote.

Of course it's not illegal. But if Mullen were to refute that, even casually as Matt Barrie was poking the bear, it would make him look kinda foolish.

But if they did talk, JW probably figured no one cares anyway. Just seemed like an overly strong rebuke. Could have just said he wasn't going to comment on all his discussions.

Did you see him? If not why so certain?
It’s easily explainable, but it can’t be because sources will be exposed. Like JRHEETER says, don’t care if you believe it or not. It happened. And JW has some very good reasons for denying it all.
People Want the scoop, but when told, don’t believe it. Fine. Is what it is. People will not be so ready to share in the future.
Go Ahead and flame

Doesn’t really bother me

Makes zero sense. These interviews are conducted in airport hotels.

On Campus….on Thanksgiving week none the less???

SMH

Was he picking up his daughter or something??

Reactions: CIL
Status
Not open for further replies.