Dan Mullen | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what SU’s hiring process is but…Wednesday could have been a Wildhack interview and some tours. Tomorrow could be interviews with the chancellor and some subset of the BOT’s if Wildhack wants to hire. Just spit balling but I would doubt SU’s future highest paid employee gets hired solely on Wildhack’s say so.

I don't know what this is all about, but Dan seems like he has a personality.

We may be bidding against MSU both in salary and NIL availability.

Well I'll refute the Mullen reached out to us if that's the case. In reality if that's what happened it's well I'll come if I'm not offered more money elsewhere...

I have no idea what SU’s hiring process is but…Wednesday could have been a Wildhack interview and some tours. Tomorrow could be interviews with the chancellor and some subset of the BOT’s if Wildhack wants to hire. Just spit balling but I would doubt SU’s future highest paid employee gets hired solely on Wildhack’s say so.
Mullen could very well be on a list pre-approved by the Trustees. Just a question of interest.

I was just told 30 seconds ago they are throwing a blank check at him basically to get him back. So there’s the bad news of the day
What, noooooooooooooooooooo. Blank check we lose.
next up…Chesney?

I was just told 30 seconds ago they are throwing a blank check at him basically to get him back. So there’s the bad news of the day

1700869037519.jpeg

I’m being sarcastic. Boston is a nicer place. Objectively speaking. Coaches don’t care because they are selfishly living in the football center. SOME spouses would prefer bc to Syracuse all things being equal (and at this point both programs are not far apart). Both will spend the same amount.

And yes I’m from Boston, family went to bc and holy cross and I went to Syracuse . Sorry I’m a bit spread out w other curiosity college football wise
It depends on what a hc wants. If I’m a spouse I want to be in Wellesley or Brookline vs Solvay. Let’s be real. Syracuse is a better college town but Boston is a cosmopolitan place. It matters to some not all.

I live in Boston and have for many years. I love it. But it’s not a college sports town in any way. Pro sports rule the roost here. BC is beyond an afterthought. Syracuse fans regularly dominate attendance at the Syracuse-BC basketball games. In Syracuse, you have a huge chunk of upstate as your potential fanbase (both in the Dome and on TV), because there’s no other pro sports competition, besides the Bills. Syracuse proved in the 80s and 90s that the ceiling for the fan base is very high. But Gross ruined things with an ill-fitting hire to replace coach P.

Could be leveraging for bigger payday at cuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.