Dan Mullen | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about Boston. One of my close friends lives in Newton Mass. her house is nothing special. She paid well over a million 10 years ago. The same house in Enfield Ct where I live would be at most 250k. Boston is just a killer for living expenses.
Yepp. NH is cheaper. Crazy $$ Boston/North Shore.

I’ll give three guesses why Mullen’s name is not on Thamel’s list when he knows Mullen interviewed.

Mullen’s main concern was investment in athlete support and development, as well as assistant/advisor salary pool, but impressed by the facilities investment. Lots of tight lips today when people were a lot more chatty over the past week before he got on campus. I think that’s a good thing.
Not surprised that he wants buy in from university for assistant coach pool $ as well as NIL commitment. I was just listening to a podcast with him on it from this past preseason and he spent a decent amount of time mentioning how far behind the facilities were at Florida during his tenure. He mentioned how that was potentially holding them back recruiting wise (they wrapped up a lot of the upgrades in his last year/following year). He even jokingly references trying to get UF to buy into facility upgrades early and people up high were reluctant saying why do we need to upgrade…spurrier did fine w same facilities 20 years before. Sound familiar? Glad we have made some large strides in these areas.

They may spend the same but they won't get the same. Boston is much more expensive and you know that.
Of course I know that but if you are making 5mm per does it matter really? You are going to live in a nice spot either way.

Why did Lincoln Riley go to usc if the cost of living is so much more? Because LA is super nice when you make a lot of money.

I’m not dismissing the Syracuse area because Frankly it’s awesome for what it is. The community matters to some coaches. Just was trying to say some will lean Boston if their interests are big city and beautiful area where bc resides

I’d rather their job not open up.

Anyone tailgating at Manley might find out in the Morning. If recruits are coming, and he's meeting them? They're likely showing up there, from 8AM to 10AM... Facility tour, meetings, and a bus ride to the dome...

If he's at Manley with recruits? I'd expect it a done deal.

No coach is living in Solvay, that’s just stupid. We get it, you love Boston and BC as you mention them in every other post. Boston is a great city no doubt but it’s all about the better job and frankly the $$.
But Boston is full of ma$$holes… as someone who grew up in NY/PA living amongst ma$$holes really brings the desirability of Boston down.

Full disclosure I lived in Boston for 8 years and is one of my favorite cities in the world… but when I can slide ma$$hole into a convo I need to take that shot.

I got ONE Tortora story...

Years ago he had a Fantasy Football Podcast on Sunday mornings.

Now I don't mind if he wants to send out a tweet on Sunday to advertise.

He sent 32 tweets.

One with a hashtag for each NFL team.

<Unfollow>

click

goodbye.

I have mentioned this before but seeing you have a tweet story I'll say it again. DT went through maybe 10 or so recruits twitter accounts and was replying and retweeting things they said that were 3-4 years old at that point. Dude is straight weird and really should not be around SU athletics if it were up to me.

Last edited:
Anyone tailgating at Manley might find out in the Morning. If recruits are coming, and he's meeting them? They're likely showing up there, from 8AM to 10AM... Facility tour, meetings, and a bus ride to the dome...

If he's at Manley with recruits? I'd expect it a done deal.
If only there were a famous tailgate group there at 8:00am tomorrow….

private jets aren't free. A phone call is much more likely if he indeed was at Syracuse yesterday. Which, would be reason why all of these people are now following Mullen.
Yep. I have Google meet and Zoom calls daily. Mullen is not flying in to consult Wed and then again tomorrow. All the players now following him also. I am not gonna say it is 100 percent because things happen in contracts but I would say momentum is going in the right direction.

I have mentioned this before but seeing you have a tweet story I'll say it again. DT went through maybe 10 or so recruits twitter accounts and was replying and retweeting things they said that were 3-4 years old at that point. Dude is straight weird and really should be around SU athletics if it were up to me.
Should or should not?

yeah, and the cost of living is part of that. Compare what a million bucks will get you in Syracuse and what it gets you in Boston.
here we go batman GIF

But Boston is full of ma$$holes… as someone who grew up in NY/PA living amongst ma$$holes really brings the desirability of Boston down.

Full disclosure I lived in Boston for 8 years and is one of my favorite cities in the world… but when I can slide ma$$hole into a convo I need to take that shot.
I live in Boston and love it. But the sports fans are fools and BC is a literal cult.

Mullen being on the staff in 98 is excellent because immediately building the currently burned bridge between the staff and players of that era I think is crucial to us getting our brand back quickly. Marrone played before those guys and wasn't really part of that era Dino ignored them and Grob was a dipshit.

I think the national perception of the hire would be better than anyone thinks. 'Syracuse when humming is a better program and job than all but 3-4 ACC schools and in the Northeast its a much better job than anything but Ped State you can win big there unlike Rutty/BC.'

Doing this the year we shrink capacity probably gets us an extra home win next season alone because every game will be full and crazy loud not to mention the financial aspect of it.

The national take on Syracuse football is starting 4-0 and then going 2-6. Strong start, weak finish.

This hire tells the national audience the AD is taking the next real step in a progressing a program and getting to a conference championship.

Would be a homerun!

Cuse with a top 25 recruiting ranking for 3 years goes 10-2... you're talking 12 team playoff..get one upset that years there's a playoff home game!!

Jfc. Imagine...

If only there were a famous tailgate group there at 8:00am tomorrow….
Someone needs to keep a sober eye on the door. He's probably going to want to keep top recruits. He'd want to do that. No way ADJW would let him in the door unless it was a done deal. Team will be at the Hotel(minus inactives). Heck, check for anyone down there.

Uggh what the heck is a former coach, gone 15 years even a topic in a thread about Dan Mullen? He even passed away almost 2 years ago relatively young from a form of Alzheimer’s, why the energetic relevance of bashing him? Why do so many threads go the “I’m going low, let’s see who can go the lowest”? When did it become a race to become an internet ‘cool to be cruel’ winner? what’s the “prize”?

At this point I'd be very surprised if it wasn't Mullen or Chesney. I believe finances maybe a tricky part of the Mullen hire. Remember its not just HC salary its also assistants and NIL through SU donors that Mullen is looking for and wants locked in before accepting. I don't see White being the guy from everything I have heard as their are are some concerns.

Well. There should be others that can confirm but I do know people close to the money. The school is very committed

They bumped up the total dollars when Dino came significantly and will do it again now for the right candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.