Dan Mullen | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol people make bets based on absolutely nothing. People bet on what they WANT to happen. The amount of bets that are placed and ACTUALLY based on information are so low.

If Mullen was a true "betting favorite" he'd have odds of -150, -200, etc.

The top 3 options are +400, +500, +600, which means the bookies don't know a thing.
So people bet with the intent to lose money, got it! I'm not saying it's likely, but there is at least small rumblings with his name being thrown around. I don't have a clue, but acting like there's no shot is silly imo.

I hear that Wisconsin Tech DC Flarn Richolds is interviewing for the San Diego State job and if UTSA coach Jeff Traylor leaves for Texas A&M, don’t be surprised if the next head coach for UTSA is Houston State’s Brad Felcher.
I read the same thing. Can’t remember the article. But the guy is a up and comer.

So people bet with the intent to lose money, got it! I'm not saying it's likely, but there is at least small rumblings with his name being thrown around. I don't have a clue, but acting like there's no shot is silly imo.
There are rumblings with ALL these guys. All I'm saying is reporting betting odds isn't reporting actual news, and it provides no actual information. And a +400 choice isn't a "favorite" in my mind.

Carolina is probably going to open up too. Mack is rumored to be retiring after the season. It will be a highly sought after job.

They will promote from within. Didnt he hire an amazing staff of coordinators?

Carolina is probably going to open up too. Mack is rumored to be retiring after the season. It will be a highly sought after job.
IMG_8968.jpeg

I’m always a little skeptical of Toledo coaches. Not that they aren’t good coaches, but their facilities are so much better than other programs in the MAC.
Agreed. You need to evaluate Candle's success relative to all the advantages Toledo has (it's not just facilities) over every other program in the MAC. That doesn't mean he isn't a very good coach. But, as you said, some skepticism is warranted.

I'm not sure how you factor out the Toledo advantages. But, Candle's bowl record, FWIW, is 2-4. OCC is 19-13 - just a quick look, didn't account for SOS.

All the old white dudes are running it back in 2024!!

Mack, Sleepy Joe and Donnie Two-Times.

Everything old is, uh, even older again.

Make America Geriatric Again!!
I feel your pain…it’s tough switching back and forth between the two boards.

No. He has stated that he will be back next year.

There are rumblings with ALL these guys. All I'm saying is reporting betting odds isn't reporting actual news, and it provides no actual information. And a +400 choice isn't a "favorite" in my mind.
+400 means there opposite of the favorite

All the old white dudes are running it back in 2024!!

Mack, Sleepy Joe and Donnie Two-Times.

Everything old is, uh, even older again.

Make America Geriatric Again!!
Blame medicine. Can’t extend life expectancy and ask people to step away from life.

He is the favorite because everyone else is higher than 400
They have the best odds. Doesn't make them the "favorite".

Until one of the candidates is no longer plus odds, it's not worth looking at betting odds.

At the time of his firing Kirk Herbstreit opined that the reason was that the team no longer knew what it meant to be a Gator. IDK what that means though I do know Herbstreit is a jackass.
Yeah I don't know what that means. Their losses the year he was fired:

#2 Alabama (lost NC game) - lost by 2 at home
#1 Georgia (won NC game) - lost by 27 neutral field JAX
#22 Kentucky (10-3 with Citrus Bowl win) - lost by 7 at KY
LSU (Bad Loss - 6-7 team) - lost by 7 at LSU
South Carolina (Bad Loss - 7-6 with Duke's Mayo Bowl Win) - Lost by 23 at SC
Missouri (Bad Loss - 6-7 team) - lost by 1 at Missou

Now granted I don't know if there were injuries at play (and I don't mean Dino type injuries where you don't even have a backup, maybe there were onto their 3rd or 4th string RB or 3 deep for OT's or whatever), but I would venture to guess had he beaten LSU/SC/Missou he never would have been fired. You can't lose to that many 6/7 win game teams in a season at a high profile SEC school and expect to keep working there.

But all in all I bet had he won the Missou and Kentucky games, he probably would have coached the FSU game and the bowl game and still been there after that season.

They have the best odds. Doesn't make them the "favorite".

Until one of the candidates is no longer plus odds, it's not worth looking at betting odds.

Unless you're putting some scratch on who will win.

Mullen would be such a major homerun i cant even imagine the upgrade from Dino to him
That people on this board think it’s a HR , makes me pray he isn’t hired. Honestly none of us know what lies ahead. Our two best coaches in my lifetime were head scratchers until we saw the results. Mac & P. No splash, no fanfare, just solid coaches. Mac definitely was the bigger stretch as P was just a continuity hire which eventually ran its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom