Dan Mullen | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
ricky bobby idk GIF

People are probably perplexed as to what I'm getting at. Well, Clemson, UNC and especially FSU demanded that the ACC implement a performance based payout, they thought they would win the conference all the time or be second and make the playoffs and get all the money. Not so fast my friend. I think Mullen thinks he could win the ACC and get a big payday from an incentive, and that would be just fine for Syracuse. That's what I think.

We weren’t

This is a stunning development honestly, if it happens. I don’t think the question was so much paying the coach etc (I think we can get there). It’s more proving out the resources to compete for recruits, transfers, NIL, facilities on a continuing basis. It’s the longer term commitment that people have questioned (and one reason the other DM left).

This is so out of the blue I hope that JW gives a play by play when it’s done. Mullen is kind of at an interesting stage in life with coaching, family, good tv guy. I’d bet the community, schools and not having the big time SEC expectations are real selling points along with the chance to rebuild a legacy program.

I have always been a huge Tony White fan who I think would be perfect here but more so thought he was just a better candidate than everyone else on the short list (each of them had issues). While I hate that it’s not Tony, if DM happens it’s an unbelievably fortunate win for our program.
With all the Alumni in broadcasting, going back to Dick Clark, there have to be people with enough money to support the program.
It's just giving them a real reason to spend the money.

My father has a doctor's appt at 9 AM Monday.

Can they slow down the train for a few hours?

Crap, I have my annual knee replacement doctor visit Monday. I may have to skip out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom