Dan Mullen | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talked to some people. I can tell you two players that are starters and mean a lot to this team are very excited about the potential of Mullen and think if he’s the guy, they have no interest in entering the portal.

Is one of the players someone whose name rhymes with Shmoronde Shmadsden?
I just was about to write almost exactly the same thing. Hahaha

But if his termination agreement with LSU says he can’t be a HC for another year, perhaps he jumps back in as a coordinator for a year to get his feet wet again. That’s the hope.
If they fired him, how can they dictate terms?

My fear is he turned them down, turned to us as leverage knowing they'd counter with something greater, and he gets a sweeter piece of the pie at MSU using our interest as leverage
Lets not bicker and argue over who leveraged who, if we're in the running, it means the budget is (or has become) higher than we imagined. So either:
  • We get Mullen;
  • We get Chesney with ALOT left over for the staff;
  • We can afford another Mullen-level candidate that hasn't previously been considered.
If we could free up funding for Mullen, we shouldn't have to settle cheap for anyone else unless he is THE guy.

Lets not bicker and argue over who leveraged who, if we're in the running, it means the budget is (or has become) higher than we imagined. So either:
  • We get Mullen;
  • We get Chesney with ALOT left over for the staff;
  • We can afford another Mullen-level candidate that hasn't previously been considered.
If we could free up funding for Mullen, we shouldn't have to settle cheap for anyone else unless he is THE guy.

One thing I wonder when comparing Mullen and Chesney; does Chesney have the high level coaching contacts that we know Mullen has? Or would Chesney just bring half his staff from HC?
I have no idea about Chesney's coaching connections, but I am sure FHCDM has a ton!

And those are most likely the 2 players JW is trying to prevent from transferring because the players said it needs to be a big name coach

I don’t think John would hire a coach because it would keep 2 kids from transferring. That would be dumb.

I don’t think John would hire a coach because it would keep 2 kids from transferring. That would be dumb.

Agree. Think it’s just a benefit of hiring a big name coach. But he’s not taking direction from 20 year olds, never mind fan board geniuses. He knows what he’s doing though and there’s benefits from a guy like Mullen.

No I agree he’s just trying to give them a coach that can help keep them there. But he’s not hiring Mullen for them. It just helps their case in staying because right now they want out
Tell them….buh-bye.

If they don’t like this, I don’t want them.

And neither would Mullen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors