Dan Mullen | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are rumors of Mullen to Kentucky is Stoops gets A&M job. Is this the reason for the delay?
Was thinking about that when the Stoops news started leaking. Definitely a more desirable landing spot.

If they are interested in him yes. You make it look like you are ready to agree to a deal elsewhere and that prompts school xyz to get off their arse and move on you if you are their candidate.

They would call his bluff. Fine go to Syracuse. Mullen is a good coach for us he would be a great coach but in the SEC he is just a good coach. Too many hoops to jump through for a good coach

I will say this, if we were played, it would be par for the course. Still, I wonder why we are not hearing other names right now. Time as we say, is of the essence. We have recruits to keep and the portal will be opening soon.

Kentucky won’t higher Mullen they will just promote Cohen come on guys I know it’s late just use some common sense

Screenshot_2023-11-25-22-47-12-07_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I will say this, if we were played, it would be par for the course. Still, I wonder why we are not hearing other names right now. Time as we say, is of the essence. We have recruits to keep and the portal will be opening soon.
Are we? Or are we just hearing the same names we heard until the Mullen news threw us into a tizzy?

Reactions: CIL
That’s ADJWs death sentence if new candidate doesn’t deliver next year.
Only half joking. They know how media works.. And budgets...

Chesney was extended through Jan, 2028, at a rumored $300k per year. Thats 1.2M to us? Pay the guy $2.X M, a year? We get a new coach, pay the buy out, and pay what's owed to Babers, while keeping the books the same. Renegotiate if we're still playing football.

I don't know if this was already posted (probably so because its really hard to keep up with this):

Nunzio says in presser that he never saw Mullen at practice this week

Fwiw
Yeah no way he’s gonna say oh yeah he was here. Half the team is following Mullen on Twitter. Including someone in the portal today. This can’t be a nothing burger. And I was told he was there. And it was reported he was on campus by outlets on weds

Are we? Or are we just hearing the same names we heard until the Mullen news threw us into a tizzy?
The same names but we haven't heard any of the kind of updates that I would think you would get if someone was close to being hired.

Those are his players!

That’s why I’ve been saying they should institute some type of transfer mechanism whereby a coach can bring in new players.

Such as a QB like Graham Mertz, as an example.

I haven't confirmed it but if all of our players suddenly started following Mullen (as others are alleging), it sure seems like he's been hired

That was me because everyone was checking flights last night. I said in the morning but it could have been anytime today. I’m more than 100% sure the plan was for him to be here today/tonight. It appears he canceled, we canceled, it was mutually canceled, he couldn’t get out of his espn commitment or whatever.
Couldn’t JB have stepped in and taken the spot for Mullen, he knows football, he has season tickets.

Only half joking. They know how media works.. And budgets...

Chesney was extended through Jan, 2028, at a rumored $300k per year. Thats 1.2M to us? Pay the guy $2.X M, a year? We get a new coach, pay the buy out, and pay what's owed to Babers, while keeping the books the same. Renegotiate if we're still playing football.
You had a chance at a 10 and settled on an 8. That 8 better deliver the strange or you’re left wondering why you settled for the 8.

You settle for the 8, you don’t play for the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.