Dan Mullen | Page 236 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are upset(rightfully or not regarding what may or may not have happened) because Mullen would have been our best X's and O's hire HC maybe ever. It also would show a true commitment to the football program. And while, I, like others don't believe we will ever get back to the so called glory days you have to give it a shot. I feel like Mullen was(is) far and away their best shot at that since at least Marrone.

Yeah I mean must be ... no one ever has recruiters searching for candidates or job boards ... I mean why bother ... all jobs are pre-determined ... you guys crack me up.
Not all jobs are pre determined, things happen people leave out of the blue or get terminated for cause. Sometimes the succession plan is we don’t have an inside candidate so a recruiting firm is the answer. However, I think the point you are missing is this move was predetermined and leadership knew Dino was not going to make it and has been on thin ice. Again, maybe this is all going to plan

yes everything is cyclical but the paradigm have forever changed (NIL, portal, 300 fbs teams in fla. now, other northeastern teams that were'nt competition but are now). We may NEVER get back there, doesn't mean we stop trying.
You’re preaching to the choir I want them to invest heavily in the program and get it back to where it was. Usually I just see excuses to why it can’t/won’t happen. The cyclical thing you still usually need a catalyst. The last time it was the Dome being built and coach Mac. What’s going to change it now especially with all the landscape changes? I obviously don’t have the answer, but the administration needs to figure it out and quickly before the landscape changes further and they’re potentially left out.

What if they say no?

Or if your current boss disagrees with your choice?
Actually Scooch you know that is not how it works. Succession planning is not done in a vacuum and typically includes your HRM and leadership for alignment and sign off. If you are an Exec swap out HRM for Chief HR officer. Usually candidates for the planning are included for mentoring, advanced degree options, etc.

Not all jobs are pre determined, things happen people leave out of the blue or get terminated for cause. Sometimes the succession plan is we don’t have an inside candidate so a recruiting firm is the answer. However, I think the point you are missing is this move was predetermined and leadership knew Dino was not going to make it and has been on thin ice. Again, maybe this is all going to plan
Again they didn't know for certain until he lost to GT ... that fact seems to be repeatedly forgotten around here. Now you also can't predict who will be hired and fired on your little list when you finally do pull the trigger and you have no idea what terms will get them signed because if you are negotiating with someone while you still have an employed coach what message are you sending? The Chesney/Mullen to BC couldn't even happen until Haffley was fired. The moment he fired Dino he announced who we was using for his search right? So indeed he had one if that is one of your criteria ... that is the point you are missing.

I'm with you, I have identified a succession plan for every person on my leadership team. anyone leading a business would be foolish not tohave one in this environment. Whether it works out or not, no one knows but you need a plan.
Yeah with in house people. But you lose your CFO and you have a CFO at a rival at the ready who will accept? Baloney.

Yeah with in house people. But you lose your CFO and you have a CFO at a rival at the ready who will accept? Baloney.
Agreed ... I think this narrative is just being formulated to give us all a reason to bitch.

Honestly… I didn’t buy into a lot of the hype. It was a fun weekend though!

I’ve seen it before on other message boards with other coaching searches. One day it’s “95% done deal” and the next day it’s “well a lot of things went down over the last 12 hours but anyway it’s not happening.” I like that we have insiders here. I like when they share information and it would be a real shame if some of those insiders packed it up because some of our fans are being dickholez. Most places make you pay for premium info. At the same time, everyone who post here is pretty much a fake name attached to an avatar. It’s always best to take information with a grain of salt….and not to dismiss info out of hand because it doesn’t comport to your preferred outcome. To the best of my knowledge, was any other Mullen stuff verified by anyone in the media? The fact that Thamel never even mentioned Mullen once should have been a huge red flag in retrospect. Anyway I guess I’ll just go back to not caring at all about Dan Mullen as I had seventy two hours ago.

Anyway tldr, what Jake said

its-time-shut-this-down.gif

And people like you are why I don’t share things on here and have only a small group of people I talk to. You think I have nothing better to do? Amazing there can be such stupidity on here
A small minority of folks on here can be so irritating. Sorry you have to hear their nonsense. As a fellow Ham alum, I appreciate you and your info. Bummer that Wildhack wasn’t able to land Mullen but hopefully he finds a good coach that will transform the program.

You "tried to do that" by telling him to "turn off the act" and implied that he was making stuff up? That's clearly being disagreeable my dude.
That's fair.

I'll lose zero winks of sleep, but that's fair.

You mean JW can't just hire a guy via a 15 minute face time chat. I would imagine a large university has a few hurdles to cross when it comes to hiring the highest paid employee within the institution. Call me crazy. He might want to interview a few candidates that weren't available until maybe yesterday? I know crazy
Agree with you that some new candidates may pop up that you might want and certainly may interview, but you don’t think that most ADs don't have a network of coaches they talk with on a regular basis and would hire?

Dan is a fan and he lives for our music
It's the only thing that gets him by
He's watched us grow and he's seen all our shows
He's seen us low and he's seen us high
Oh, but you and me keep thinking
That the world's just passing us by
Dont' want to spend my life, living in a rock 'n' roll fantasy
Don't want to spend my life living on the edge of reality
Don't want to waste my life, hiding away anymore
Don't want to spend my life, living in a rock 'n' roll fantasy

A small minority of folks on here can be so irritating. Sorry you have to hear their nonsense. As a fellow Ham alum, I appreciate you and your info. Bummer that Wildhack wasn’t able to land Mullen but hopefully he finds a good coach that will transform the program.
I think the key is unwavering support with whoever is hired regardless of who it ends up being. Also think it’s ok and expected for the fan base to question the moves, coaches and the process. It’s ok to want the best for the program understanding everyone has an opinion and the only one that matters is JW and the BOT.

I think the key is unwavering support with whoever is hired regardless of who it ends up being. Also think it’s ok and expected for the fan base to question the moves, coaches and the process. It’s ok to want the best for the program understanding everyone has an opinion and the only one that matters is JW and the BOT.
Sure it's ok to question things but to insult or insist folks are flat out lying with no basis is a little extra. They want a successful program and are kind enough to share what they heard, people treat them as if they are the ones making the coaching change ... bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom