Dan Mullen | Page 237 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
the movie drinking GIF

Wishful thinking. The landscape that allowed us to rise from the ashes in the 80s does not exist today.
Maybe you’re right. I hope not. All I’m saying is that it’s the exact same thing people said in the 70s. They were wrong.

I come to this board to get insight into SU sports, sometimes get some early inside information, and sometimes just to share/read goofy stuff. I don’t take this board too seriously. But it’s more congenial than any other social media site I’ve seen.

My advice to anyone here would be: Don’t believe a lot of what you read. And don’t be surprised to find out things are not how sone think they are. It’s all in good fun. And 99.99% of us have no real idea on what is going on behind the scenes. That’s why we are here.

I come to this board to get insight into SU sports, sometimes get some early inside information, and sometimes just to share/read goofy stuff. I don’t take this board too seriously. But it’s more congenial than any other social media site I’ve seen.

My advice to anyone here would be: Don’t believe a lot of what you read. And don’t be surprised to find out things are not how sone think they are. It’s all in good fun. And 99.99% of us have no real idea on what is going on behind the scenes. That’s why we are here.
This is not accurate -- I am a high level insider, trust all of my takes

The real question for Mullen was would he want to coach a football program with fewer resources than an SEC program? He was scheduled to make ~$7.6 million per year at Florida and the Florida assistants make ~$7.5 million this year and the recruiting budget is ~$2 million which doesn't include the use of private jets and the aviation budget of ~$900k. The top 3 assistant coaches at Florida make $1 million+. And, we haven't even got into NIL, the football operations budget,...

Let's be honest, Syracuse is not going to be able to spend with the SEC and Big 10 schools. Even Florida State and Clemson understand they have a financial problem long term trying to compete with the P2.

So the drunk at the end of the bar last night said his kid goes to LeMoyne, and his kid's ex-girlfriend's sorority sister has a cousin who works at Enterprise. Now, they say Dan Mullen was the in there to rent an SUV today to go house hunting, and that his wife kept calling him ADDM.

Meanwhile, the drunk's kid's on again off again friend with benefits has a half-brother who's the janitor at the hanger Flying Cardiac keeps it's jet in, and he says they have been helping Wildhack move his stuff to Bedford a little at a time.

So it sounds like Mullen is AD, Chesney is HC, Fran Brown is DC, and Mullen is going to double dip as OC. Unusual structure, but let's see how it goes!

Just another thought on Mullen. Would I have taken him, absolutely, but I almost got the sense that he wouldn’t have been comIng to come our rescue as much as he was looking for an easier gig to get away from the rat race and the high expectations.

Recruiting at Syracuse requires more, not less energy, and eventually, everyone wants to win….and win a lot. It comes with the territory.

Jon Gruden named 'big wildcard' candidate for Indiana football job: report. But Syracuse can’t get Dan Mullen.​

You'd want a guy like Gruden as our HC?

Also one singular source named him as a wildcard candidate. Dan Tortora named Don McPherson as a wildcard candidate, doesn't mean it's remotely close to correct information.

You'd want a guy like Gruden as our HC?

Also one singular source named him as a wildcard candidate. Dan Tortora named Don McPherson as a wildcard candidate, doesn't mean it's remotely close to correct information.
Absolutely not! I was really hoping for Mullen im just venting. Gruden is a pos. And ontop of that Tortora is dumb!

For everyone wondering why he wasn't on Thamel's list, that could've very well been intentional. At the time his name wasn't being circulated around as a potential hire for anyone. Why advertise your #1 so someone else can scoop them up?

Just another thought on Mullen. Would I have taken him, absolutely, but I almost got the sense that he wouldn’t have been comIng to come our rescue as much as he was looking for an easier gig to get away from the rat race and the high expectations.

Recruiting at Syracuse requires more, not less energy, and eventually, everyone wants to win….and win a lot. It comes with the territory.
He’s not a grinder and JW is looking for that. it’s interesting that he’s not really listed for a lot of jobs. He’s not at the top of any lists. I find that very interesting.

Didn’t ADJW say we had a lot of quality interest in the job? If so, why have we only interviewed 2 candidates?
My guess is because once Mullen was involved and showed interest, he assumed that it could be worked out. If it's the BOT that sank this, I wish we could have a public accounting of who voted against. Find out who is serious about football and who isn't.

My guess is because once Mullen was involved and showed interest, he assumed that it could be worked out. If it's the BOT that sank this, I wish we could have a public accounting of who voted against. Find out who is serious about football and who isn't.
zero point zero chance of this. I would gather the BoT has sub groups that handle sports, certain schools, etc.

You won't know who is in that group until maybe next HC is hired and if JW decides to mention the Trustees he worked with to find a HC. I would guess he won't.

Darn. Sucks he isn't coming on board to captain the ship.

Isn't hope fun? I can't remember the last time I had as much fun as spending the weekend here with you all. The overflowing optimism in this thread helped me feel like I was part of a community of like minded individuals. I was brimming with optimism and even brought a check along to Dallas with me, planning to write it for 5-6 digits if this got done. It didn't, so I didn't. Doesn't make me less of a fan, or conversely, more of one. Like the rest, we will just wait to see who they ink to be the HC. If it's another seed of hope, I'll spend the money on something else stupid, because I've been to that movie and I don't need to see it again.

Thank you to those who provided nuggets to us along the way. Without you all, this message board would be like the NYT comments section. While the information may not have worked out, you helped me realize I still care a ton more than I thought I did just a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom