Dan Mullen | Page 239 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

Marrone seems to be higher than people think on the totem pole here. Marrone/Chesney/White. Not sure if that is an order. But I heard Marrone left because of more than just facilities but actually mainly because we threw money he raised at Bernie fine fines/lawsuits/fees.

Well I'm not an executive and have never been in a position to hire people, so maybe I'm off here. But if I'm the AD and Mullen expresses interest, one of the first things I do is make sure he's on board with the budget for the program. If he's not, we don't waste each other's time.

So unless they had a modest gap and tried to close it and just couldn't, I would say an issue there that derails it at the end is on the AD for not making sure early on that the parameters were viable for both sides.
Bingo! I am sure this table talk would have happened and doubt the deal got derailed by lawyers if they nailed it down in principal.

Last edited:
Well, chicken and egg argument tbf. Most on here have donated and would commit a larger donation if we had the feeling the university was as committed to the cause as we are. Right, wrong, or indifferent as anyone may be to that belief, that’s why I call it a chicken/egg.

Don’t belief it for one minute.

I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

Marrone seems to be higher than people think on the totem pole here. Marrone/Chesney/White. Not sure if that is an order. But I heard Marrone left because of more than just facilities but actually mainly because we threw money he raised at Bernie fine fines/lawsuits/fees.
Higher on the totem pole where exactly?

Well I'm not an executive and have never been in a position to hire people, so maybe I'm off here. But if I'm the AD and Mullen expresses interest, one of the first things I do is make sure he's on board with the budget for the program. If he's not, we don't waste each other's time.

So unless they had a modest gap and tried to close it and just couldn't, I would say an issue there that derails it at the end is on the AD for not making sure early on that the parameters were viable for both sides.
Where is the negotiation and back and forth? Just close the door and don’t see if any options to get the deal done exist?

we have no proof mullen was ever in the conversation. We also have no clue that if he was, what he asked for. Would you pay him 8M? I wouldnt.
It would be interesting to see the stipulations on his buyout

That's it. I'm taking Sam Elliot and going home. We obviously are not allowed to have nice things.

Sorry pacusewife and KellySyracuse . I have no choice.
yes GIF

Come on. People get let go all the time without a successor being lined up. Literally all the time.
He had his list, he’s working the list, the process might have been disrupted because someone unexpected expressed interest

My guess is the common thread with all these guys is they are in their 40’s who multiple people say are high potential guys that have “it”.

He’s not picking random names out of a hat. To all the doomers about this guy or that guy guess what, Wildhack knows more about them than you do. He has a wide and pretty unique network. He’s not just relying on football guys.

The interview process is having each of these guys address the holes in their resume, what they know about the challenges at Syracuse, and their plan to attack both.

Last edited:
He had his list, he’s working the list, the process might have been disrupted because someone unexpected expressed interest

My guess is the common thread with all these guys is they are in their 40’s who multiple people say are high potential guys that have “it”.

He’s not picking random names out of a hat. To all the doomers about this guy or that guy guess what, Wildhack knows more about them than you do. He has a wide and pretty unique network. He’s not just relying on football guys.

The interview process is having each of these guys address the holes in their resume, what they know about the challenges at Syracuse, and their plan to attack both.
I’m sure JW is working within his constraints, but this program needs a giant jolt to create local, regional, and national interest. I don’t see any candidate that will do this, except the one that got away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom