Dan Mullen | Page 249 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically this could all be true. If JW was traveling meeting other candidates or the board/search committee, perhaps Mullen visited on his way to NH or the BC/Miami game, met with Herm or someone else to show him around campus. So in the end, no one is lying.
Herm is not taking a first meeting on this with the expediency of the situation.

But where were the rumors? Other than here and some on twitter I didn't think it got much traction until bulldog44 stated that and I believe Bee’s said he was supposed to be here last Saturday but then something happened. The players and recruits started following him before any of the madness took off.
I say this dispassionately but in a focused tone:

You might want to believe Wildhack’s unequivocal explanation that Mullen was never in the equation versus Bulldog04’s posts that literallly wound up being debunked.

Wildhack would look really bad if show otherwise. Conversely, Bulldog04 is an anonymous Internet poster.

Sometimes, you just don’t overthink.

The issue is a new guy brings in a new staff, system, players leave and it’s a total re-boot. This will not be taking the same group and finding 2 more wins. If you get a slam dunk hire and keep the players, add some studs you have a chance. Otherwise complete rebuild.
Yeah this wasn’t the easy button video game that GoSU96 thinks it is.
10 wins isn’t easy.
But Babers still had a woeful losing record, even with that season.
And was terrible in the ACC - this wasn’t the Big12 or B1G or SEC.

Welcome to pro college sports 2023, where a good QB costs you $1-2m, a great one $7m, and 10 wins ain’t easy.

You might want to believe Wildhack’s unequivocal explanation that Mullen was never in the equation versus Bulldog04’s posts that literallly wound up being debunked.

Wildhack would look really bad if show otherwise. Conversely, Bulldog04 is an anonymous Internet poster.

Eh - Bulldog's info has actually been very useful. Even though it's an Internet forum, he really has no incentive to construct such an elaborate narrative for no reason

I'd place even money on JW lying to the press to save face

In any case, this is getting way too deep in the weeds. The way I look at it is if Mullen takes a job like Duke, I'd be furious. It means we squandered an opportunity due to money or whatever other reason.

If Mullen doesn't end up coaching next year, I'll feel ok about it all. It means it was never serious, and the board got overly excited (which happens often)

I don’t really care anymore because I’m excited about the coach we did get. But there was a plan for him to be here that Saturday. And I don’t know if he was on campus that Wednesday or if he spoke with JW but he was in Syracuse. Doesn’t matter anymore why. Let’s move on.
I can’t imagine a scenario that with Dan Mullen’s background that the search firm didn’t reach out to him. Now whether JW ever directly contacted or met with him - I believe JW, but that doesn’t mean that Mullen couldn’t have visited campus or had dialogue with the search firm. So there is a scenario here where maybe everyone is right.

Dan Mullen

welcome-back-diamond-hands-v0-dlro5zwanz691.png

Oh I know. I don't believe it for a second now.

Yeah this wasn’t the easy button video game that GoSU96 thinks it is.
10 wins isn’t easy.
But Babers still had a woeful losing record, even with that season.
And was terrible in the ACC - this wasn’t the Big12 or B1G or SEC.

Welcome to pro college sports 2023, where a good QB costs you $1-2m, a great one $7m, and 10 wins ain’t easy.
10 wins is easy? Where do you get that from?

I can’t even begin to wrap my head around the Bigfoot and close encounters of the 3rd kind events of last Wednesday on campus nut job beliefs and thoughts.
When the aliens come out you should be first in line for a rectal probe.

You know, I think we may have loved DM a little more than he loved us. Sad, really.
So it was all just pillow talk?

When the aliens come out you should be first in line for a rectal probe.
When the aliens land, they'll say, "Take us to Dan Mullen, we hear he's interested in a job opening we have."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom