Dan Mullen !? | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen !?

You must have read this tonight!

I did indeed,

For full disclosure, in the baddest way I'd like to keep coach Shafer for a few more years. But I'm a realist .. And Mullen may not be on a short list for these big time jobs opening up, and he may be under the radar and wanting to come back east, it says he and his wife are from pa.

A lady I was on local school board with was his cheerleader in college...can't recall the college name....grrrrrr says he's a great high energy guy though....and it was a Penna college

A lady I was on local school board with was his cheerleader in college...can't recall the college name...grrrrrr says he's a great high energy guy though...and it was a Penna college

Yow! He played at Ursinus College, just north of Philly. Go Bears!

Mullen was a GA here in the late 90s. Talk about a career going full circle. Doubt he would come north...don't think he wants to shovel snow:) I have been following his career since he left Syracuse. After SU Mullen left with former Orange OC Kevin Rogers to South Bend. He met Urban Meyer who was coaching the wide receivers at ND and followed him to Bowling Green, Utah, and Florida.

Mullen was a GA here in the late 90s. Talk about a career going full circle. Doubt he would come north...don't think he wants to shovel snow:) I have been following his career since he left Syracuse. After SU Mullen left with former Orange OC Kevin Rogers to South Bend. He met Urban Meyer who was coaching the wide receivers at ND and followed him to Bowling Green, Utah, and Florida.

Not a bad career path. IMO,he's not going anywhere unless it's a bigger SEC Job or ND. That said USC could do a lot worse. I would love to see what he could do with elite talent. Good coach

You must have read this tonight!

I heard from a reliable person that Mullen had interest in the SU gig in the off-season when we hired Marrone. Yes, Mullen has some roots in the northeast. Yes, he worked at SU for a season. But the reason he'll leave Miss State is that their profile is easily at the bottom of the SEC West. He cannot win big there. He's had Dak Presscott the last 2-3 years and that gravy train is about to end. He took the Bulldogs to what is realistically their greatest heights (I think they reached #1 for a week or two last year). So, it is going to be time for Mullen to choose to leave or else relegate himself to 5th and 6th place finishes in the SEC West most years. And with people like Urban advising him, there is little doubt in my mind that he'll choose to reboot at another school.

If our job opens in a few weeks, I would hope that Coyle makes a few calls to Mullen's people. IMHO, it's a longer shot, but not a longshot, if you get my drift.

lets get him to,come back east!!

I know... Makes zero sense
Except that at Miss St he is the HC of a #2 school and #2 program in a small state. He has hit the Miss St ceiling.

Of course, there is some talk that Miami might have an interest in Mullen.

we would have to pay him 2.5 mil a year to have a shot at him.

I can refer him a personal shoveler and a snow plow company.

I'd snowblow his driveway free of charge if it would make a difference. :noidea:

EDIT: I think I just left myself open to a JoeCollege smartass response. Oh Lord

If you want to compete in big time college football, you need to pay for big time college football

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom