Dan Schulman and LaPhonso Ellis | Syracusefan.com

Dan Schulman and LaPhonso Ellis

I enjoy them also. Only complaint is that segment about LaPhonso’s games in the Dome went on too long when the game was going on at the same time.

Yes they did a nice job. Interesting that Schumann’s son goes the syracuse

Dan Shulman is from Toronto and still lives there despite all his duties on ESPN.

Syracuse is probably a fairly convenient choice for his son, as Toronto is about a 4-5 hour drive from Syracuse.

Last edited:
I enjoy them also. Only complaint is that segment about LaPhonso’s games in the Dome went on too long when the game was going on at the same time.

Felt like Ellis was trying to politely shut it down. He didn’t take the cue and talk a lot about it.

Schulman was kinda pushing it. Otherwise he was good though. Ellis does a solid job.

Schulman is a class act and very talented and versatile. Love his baseball work.

Props to an awesome inadvertent autocorrect you probably missed. The great composer, Robert Schumann.

But, yes. Shulman is fantastic. Tells it like it is. The guy has seen so many games now over the years and has a good handle on strengths/weaknesses for everybody. Had no idea about his son and SU before the game.

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel like kicking fonzo in his jimmy, just to see if he can say something negative. No one is that happy.
Ho ho ho!

never knew phonso was an su target; we were his last official visit

that class included three forwards: billy owens, dave johnson, & tony scott. we were also in on marcus liberty untilthe very end.

so it could have been owens, ellis & liberty? wow.

i blame gmac

If we had Liberty, Illinois wouldn't have been quite as good.;)

Dan Shulman ad Sean McDonough are the two best play-by-players in my opinion. They usually keep you informed of substitutions, foul counts, etc. I re-watched the Ohio State game last night and it was like night and day as far as broadcast enjoyment.

Dan Shulman ad Sean McDonough are the two best play-by-players in my opinion. They usually keep you informed of substitutions, foul counts, etc. I re-watched the Ohio State game last night and it was like night and day as far as broadcast enjoyment.

Not letting us know about foul counts is one of my announcing pet peeves. I keep the live box score open on my laptop now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom