Dang, that Miami QB | Syracusefan.com

Dang, that Miami QB

Orijinal

All Conference
Was good. Whatcha gonna do?

And that Miami defense just made plays at all the right moments.

Disappointed with this loss because Dungey played his heart out, AND to realize we have this much talent and moxie at the QB position and still lose. So frustrated. But Miami was good

I don't think he's that good of a QB actually.

He's an excellent decision maker though, and when he sees the right play in front of him, is talented enough to make it.

First year playing, I think he’s pretty good. A lot of drops today for Miami as well. Some big plays they left on the table.

First year playing, I think he’s pretty good. A lot of drops today for Miami as well. Some big plays they left on the table.
Yeah. Miami could have ripped us more in the first half. But I think the Cuse defense adjusted well as the game progressed.

I don't think he's that good of a QB actually.

He's an excellent decision maker though, and when he sees the right play in front of him, is talented enough to make it.

Haha this is a strange post because you don't think he's that good of a QB but he's an excellent decision maker and is talented to make plays?

He seemed to always find the open man. Did enough to beat us after we tried to beat ourselves in half one

Haha this is a strange post because you don't think he's that good of a QB but he's an excellent decision maker and is talented to make plays?

He seemed to always find the open man. Did enough to beat us after we tried to beat ourselves in half one
I phrased it really poorly. I don't think he's all that talented. But his smarts put him in position to get the most of his talent.

...and stayed in the pocket to deliver some beautiful throws even in the face of pressure.

Not suggesting he's going to be an NFL player or anything [too small], but he showed a lot of poise.

That's essentially it. I mean, on the money throws especially when he was under duress. And at the end of the game it looked like nobody ever touched him

I phrased it really poorly. I don't think he's all that talented. But his smarts put him in position to get the most of his talent.

Tough to find a comparison but I think the term we're looking for is "game manager" but I think he'll be very good next year. Seems to play a little reserved

Tough to find a comparison but I think the term we're looking for is "game manager" but I think he'll be very good next year. Seems to play a little reserved
I'm gonna say the kid was much more than a game manager ...

I'm gonna say the kid was much more than a game manager ...

I think he played well but he didn't away. I think he will be very good but i don't mean game manager as an insult by any means. He made the throws he needed to, to beat us. But we had 4 (really 3) first half picks, and they got 7 points.

I think he played well but he didn't away. I think he will be very good but i don't mean game manager as an insult by any means. He made the throws he needed to, to beat us. But we had 4 (really 3) first half picks, and they got 7 points.
That was more on his WRs dropping perfectly thrown passes than Rosier.

That was more on his WRs dropping perfectly thrown passes than Rosier.

Yeah which is fair. But at the same time did he blow you away? Drops will happen but you can't score just 7 off turnovers. I really didn't mean to come off that I didn't like this kid. I think he had a good game

Yeah which is fair. But at the same time did he blow you away? Drops will happen but you can't score just 7 off turnovers. I really didn't mean to come off that I didn't like this kid. I think he had a good game
Not blown away but he's good and will be surrounded by 4/5 star OL, WRs and RB's his entire career.

Giving him too much credit. Cuse was playing with a banged up secondary.

He made some REALLY impressive throws under pressure, and his mechanics held up in doing so. Unfortunately, for him, and fortunately for us, his receivers dropped most of them.

The game was lost in the 1st half by our offense. Their secondary played really well in man coverage. Had we turned it over less and had a more average game on O, we’d have won IMO.

The touch he has on the deep ball is extremely impressive. On some of the drops he put the ball in weird spots making it a much harder catch than it should have been. Overall he is a very heady QB which is ideal for Miami given they play a style predicated on their defense forcing turnovers and the offense doing the opposite. That said, we really didn't make him uncomfortable by failing to score and not making him go to his 3rd and 4th reads. If we had just come out run heavy early and often I think we avoid the turnovers, play a low scoring first half and then win when the D tired in the 2nd.

Interesting. I'm not quite sure what your definition of 'talented' is (especially at the QB position) where 'smarts' generally has to be a top commodity for success. Many so called "talented" QB's that went and became high draft choices in the NFL (highly athletic, gunslingers, etc.) didn't make it or were busts due to their cerebral deficiencies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom