Danny Hurley gets into it with an injured FSU player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Hurley gets into it with an injured FSU player

So running practice with no PG’s for three weeks didn’t hurt. Shuffling the lineup and playing people out of position didn’t hurt the development of the team? Their guards are a mismatch but our front court is a mismatch. If OB shows up we win that game.

It didn’t help our cause, obviously. AND uconn out played us and OB shot 3-15. All of these things can happen, and did happen.

UConn went 12/21 from 3 that day, here’s what they’ve done since:

4/26
6/19
4/16
8/23
8/24
12/28
7/21

They’re 128th in the country in 3pt percentage.

Safe to say if they even shot slightly above their average, we would have won.
Yeah, they got hot from deep which really hurt us. No argument here. That’s how averages work though, sometimes.

Osu fans could, and probably did, use this exact argument against us when we went 11-24 against them but were absolutely terrible in the games up to that point. In fact, our team is going to be one of the streakiest ones we see, I bet. See half 1 and 2 yesterday.

during the game yesterday, a fsu player was chasing a loose ball near the uconn bench and instead of moving out of the way like any other coach would, hurley did this stutter step dance to try to district the player and influence the play. he's a complete .

I mean... how pathetic and bushleague is it to get into it w players during a game? oh right, it's ucon-level pathetic

Predictably, most of the boneyard is defending his actions and saying stupid things like “didn’t you ever see Calhoun coach!” as if Calhoun being fiery and Hurley arguing with opposing players in the middle of a game are the same thing.

They’ve got the coach they deserve. All mouth and posturing and tough talk. Just like their fan base.

To be fair Carey had 26 points and 3 steals (and 6 tos) in that game. Let’s not pretend we didn’t have any point guard production and that was the difference in the game. Also let’s not forget how terrible frank played against uconn in these games the last 2 years.

16-17: 0-9, 3pt, 2to, 4 fouls
17-18: 1-10, 5pt, 9to (!!!!), did have 5 dimes

1-19 and 11 tos last two years!

Uconn outplayed us and outhustled us in our game this year, period. Their quick guards are a tough matchup for us. Regardless, it’s in the past now.
you can pretend all you want to

but i know that the syracuse team that took the floor at msg was not representative of the team that will take the floor the rest of the season

and i'm confident the seeding committee will see it that way, too

but by all means, keep up your concern troll game

but i know that the syracuse team that took the floor at msg was not representative of the team that will take the floor the rest of the season

Huh? I expected a better post from you.

Disappointing.

Predictably, most of the boneyard is defending his actions and saying stupid things like “didn’t you ever see Calhoun coach!” as if Calhoun being fiery and Hurley arguing with opposing players in the middle of a game are the same thing.

They’ve got the coach they deserve. All mouth and posturing and tough talk. Just like their fan base.

Hurley's demeanor is that of a WWF, mid-card wannabe heel, circa 1985.

To compare him to Calhoun is a grave injustice to Calhoun.

Hurley's demeanor is that of a WWF, mid-card wannabe heel, circa 1985.

To compare him to Calhoun is a grave injustice to Calhoun.
Hurley thinks every call demands complaining and freaking out so his players play with energy.
The problem is he is a clown. Not every call goes your way say what you will about JB but he knows unless it’s the last call of the game see his Duke ejection in 2014 you act like a professional.
JB gets the whiny reputation that probably was fair in the 1980s but going on 25 years he has been mellow and not acted like a clown 24/7 during every game.
Hurley’s act gets tiresome real fast.

He reminds me of his father. I had a different opinion of his father until I saw him coach in person at the hoop hall classic. If you never saw him, just look at his son.

That surprises me. I always had the impression his father was a decent class guy, but never seen him actually coach in a game in person.

UConn fans have been complaining about bad calls all year. Wonder if the refs are as tired of his act as everyone else is and his “working the refs” is actually having the opposite effect

UConn fans have been complaining about bad calls all year. Wonder if the refs are as tired of his act as everyone else is and his “working the refs” is actually having the opposite effect

If I were a ref I’d find the routine insulting, and would hit him with a T every time he deserved it...which is often.

Lol. He looked like such a dork yelling “shut up”, trying to look tough. He’s like a Harvey Whippleman over there.

19911109_wipp_warlord_USE.jpg.cf.jpg

For his sake I hope he turns that program around or his schtick is gonna wear thin real quick.

1544390813324.png

42 people liked that comment. 42!!

All message boards have a few dumb posters who post things like above, and maybe 2 or 3 people agree. When 42 people agree to that comment, I think the following is a fair conclusion - the Boneyard is a bunch of ignorant assclowns.

This guy definitely makes a habit of using the words “triggered” and “snowflake” in everyday parlance.

That thread is GOLD for providing material for the unintentional comedy boneyard thread.

That surprises me. I always had the impression his father was a decent class guy, but never seen him actually coach in a game in person.
He helped the school he was coaching from closing its doors. He donated all the proceeds from his book to help keep it open. On the court he acted similar to Bobby Knight.

Whew, that's reassuring, considering how confident you also were that Akok seemingly wasn't landing at UConn.

Like most fan bases and most college programs, a coach’s courtside behavior is pretty irrelevant as long as you are winning and not physically abusive, Hurley had critics of his courtside behavior at Rhode Island when they were struggling - not when they were exceeding expectations. The same thing will be true at UConn and most every other program’s evaluation of their coaches - winning equates to a long leash, losing will turn it into a chokehold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom