Danny McBride | Syracusefan.com

Danny McBride

Guinness

Living Legend
I don't know what it is about the guy but every series he does just seems to hit it out of the park. I just finished the first season of The Righteous Gemstones and it was simply fantastic. I thought there was no way it would be as good as Eastbound and Down but I was wrong.

I don't know what it is about the guy but every series he does just seems to hit it out of the park. I just finished the first season of The Righteous Gemstones and it was simply fantastic. I thought there was no way it would be as good as Eastbound and Down but I was wrong.
He's a favorite of mine. I liked him in Eastbound so much that i wrote two screenplays with him in mind for major roles. I haven't seen any of Gemstones, though. Last thing i read was that it was a disappointment.

I loved Gemstones but somewhere around episode 2 or 3, I was wondering if I could keep going. It hit a little bit of a wall for me, not sure why. But I dove back in and was glad I did.

The sister is underrated and she might have made the show for me, between the Outback Steakhouse scene and then the couch scene when the siblings all talk about what they want.

Loved him in Hot Rod and Drillbit Taylor.

Go back to Foot Fist Way.
Re: Eastbound, I loved the first two seasons. The last, not so much.
Pineapple Express, yes.
This Is The End, yes.
Vice Principals? Not sure. Walter Goggins saved that one.

haven't seen eastbound but he killed it in HEARTBREAK KID as the brother and 30 MINUTES as the lead.
he has nailed the super douchebag role. (shout out to the late bill paxton in weird science.)

haven't seen eastbound but he killed it in HEARTBREAK KID as the brother and 30 MINUTES as the lead.
he has nailed the super douchebag role. (shout out to the late bill paxton in weird science.)
Haven’t even finished S1 of Eastbound but having just started over the past week, it’s gold. Check it out when you can.

His role as the brother in Heartbreak Kid is so underrated.

“Miranda! We are all ready to play parcheesi!”

I feel like McBride essentially plays the same character in every role.

But the character is so funny, that it totally works. Can't get enough.

Gemstones was very entertaining, although it did meander. Would have probably been better as a 4 -5 episode season, with all of the good parts compacted into a shorter schedule.

Enjoy it now, 1st 2 seasons are pretty excellent and then it heads downhill.

Slightly different perspective -- first season was great, second / third were still good, but basically both on par and both a step down. Fourth was just running out the string, and not nearly as good as the others. But had a funny ending.

I need to get a Kenny Powers fix. Also he's hilarous in This is the End.

Ive never been into his shows, but Gemstones was really great.

Vice Principals doesn't get nearly the love that it deserves. Such a perfect cringe-worthy and hilarious show. One of my favorite series of the last decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom