Darius Bazley | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

My point about Bazley is not about hate. He can do what he wants. He never has and never will be wearing a Syracuse uniform. Ideally, I would not see him and his 5 ppg pop up next to "Syracuse Basketball" constantly.

We are still going on about this kid? He made his own decision to pursue a trade he felt he could excel directly vs using an academic institution to do so. It was a risk but one he clearly measured before taking based upon the results. It is a decision many other young folks take as well where they chose a trade directly through going to work vs going to school for it. He has the choice to go to school later in life. This kid appears to have his head on straight and I doubt we see him broke at 40.

Happy for the young man who knew what he was doing far better than anyone who doubted him on this board including myself.

I merely stated that I wonder if this thread belongs in "other sports". It's annoying logging on here and seeing "Darius Bazley" as the top topic next to "Syracuse Basketball". Dude is nothing to Syracuse basketball.

FWIW- If mods decide to leave here obviously there call. It was really just a suggestion

Use this topic to discuss the Syracuse University men’s basketball program, the fifth winningest program in the history of college basketball.

Last edited:
I merely stated that I wonder if this thread belongs in "other sports". It's annoying logging on here and seeing "Darius Bazley" as the top topic next to "Syracuse Basketball". Dude is nothing to Syracuse basketball.
to make it more cuse-centric:
the rebound from bazley was marek dolezaj.

would orange fans trade 3 seasons of marek for a single year of darius?

i would not, and that's not even counting what i anticipate to be a big senior year from dolezaj (if there is a season)

i would not, and that's not even counting what i anticipate to be a big senior year from dolezaj (if there is a season)
That's a great point. Bazely did what was best for him and the program pivoted nicely. No bad outcomes just some bad predictions on Baz never playing in the league. People outside of college can coach guys up too.

Yes, I would. Bazley would have been a superstar as a freshman at Syracuse. And he was what the team needed. We would have found another guy to fill the last two years.

Dolezaj is a nice player, and as a senior I expect him to make another jump. But he is not a lottery pick talent. Bazley was, despite his being a late 1st-round pick.

At least Bazley didn't play the charade of enrolling, playing a season, then quitting school to prep for the draft. He said, in all honesty, that he wasn't interested in going to college.
It's just unfortunate that he played with our hopes for a while.

Lol...I just shared the preview of his video coming out because I thought it looked good! Kudos to this young man for betting on himself. Sucks he didn't come to cuse but jeesh guys are still so worked up over it that they want this thread moved to OT forum. Scroll past!

At least Bazley didn't play the charade of enrolling, playing a season, then quitting school to prep for the draft. He said, in all honesty, that he wasn't interested in going to college.
It's just unfortunate that he played with our hopes for a while.

His timing was lousy for us but I assume that's when he made his decision. At least he didn't play the charade of starting a season with us and not playing the entire season but "shutting it down" to prepare for the draft.. I hate players leaving their team before the season is done.

I know most people won’t give a damn, but I still follow his career a bit out of curiosity and dreaming about what could have been.

In his 2nd season he’s now a starter for the Thunder. Tonight he had 19 points and 12 rebounds. His other games have been 15/10, 9/11, 6/6, 7/4.

I know most people won’t give a damn, but I still follow his career a bit out of curiosity and dreaming about what could have been.

In his 2nd season he’s now a starter for the Thunder. Tonight he had 19 points and 12 rebounds. His other games have been 15/10, 9/11, 6/6, 7/4.

Doesn’t leave him much time to flip burgers.

He must have worked with our staff on zoom after the bubble. No way he is succeeding after snubbing us.

Could’ve had 20 last night if he went to Cuse first though..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom