Darius Bazley | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

that’s really weird on both your parts and it’s weird you don’t see anything wrong with it

I was mad just like the lot of us were. Now I'm like Who ? He doesn't have any importance or significance to me. Like I said Who ?

BTW, Our Hall of Fame head coach made his opinion known also. That's in the past now. I don't care bout him.

I hope he scores a million points a game for the next 20 years just to spite all the idiotic comments by grown adults who are so bitter towards a KID.
A wise man once said: “The opposite of LOVE is not HATE, it is indifference”.
I never said i wished the kid ill, indeed i agreed w/ his decision to go make his money. Whooptie-damn-do for him!
But the fact still remains- he’s NOT an Orangeman. Period. I don’t agree he should get special attention because he “almost” played for us. What, if he’d decommitted and gone to the nba, would we still be stalking him a year later? Please.
I’m not bitter or hating- i just could care less. Totally indifferent to him and his career. JMHO

Last edited:
I'm done.
1E40BC9D-3467-45FE-93E2-4A9C9A49F5FF.gif

I was mad just like the lot of us were. Now I'm like Who ? He doesn't have any importance or significance to me. Like I said Who ?

BTW, Our Hall of Fame head coach made his opinion known also. That's in the past now. I don't care bout him.
If any future recruits, especially one who may be the highest rated recruit we’ve had since Melo, choose to follow the same path to the NBA, I assure you that you will care.

I hope he scores a million points a game for the next 20 years just to spite all the idiotic comments by grown adults who are so bitter towards a KID.
Good for you. Go buy his jersey and have a beer. I don’t wish ill on him but excuse us for being indifferent to him. His path taken could hurt what we passionately love in this town which is College Basketball and our Orange. So excuse us for not raising his jersey to the rafters.

Good for you. Go buy his jersey and have a beer. I don’t wish ill on him but excuse us for being indifferent to him. His path taken could hurt what we passionately love in this town which is College Basketball and our Orange. So excuse us for not raising his jersey to the rafters.

Well said.

Except that the mouthbreathers here are NOT being indifferent...

That's why Bazely is actually an important discussion piece and not something you should just write off with a 'who?'
Why?

Sorry, I thought this was a Vinny Barbarino conversation.

i kinda nothing the player, good for him he’s playing well though. He really rolled the dice and it appears it may be panning out well for him.

This is just disgusting.

But exactly what we have come to expect from you.

Hey bro. There were hard feelings. If it was just a kid wanting to create his own path and it was his decision then more power to him. But we know what happened Handlers and Advisors got to him and his family at the McDonalds All American game. Something happened there. Why do you think JB was so vocal he knew what happened behind the scenes. I applauded JB for his take even though Lebron and his cronies were peeved at him.

Hey bro. There were hard feelings. If it was just a kid wanting to create his own path and it was his decision then more power to him. But we know what happened Handlers and Advisors got to him and his family at the McDonalds All American game. Something happened there. Why do you think JB was so vocal he knew what happened behind the scenes. I applauded JB for his take even though Lebron and his cronies were peeved at him.

Do you even know what JB said? I bet not.

Last edited:
I'm done.
Well said.

It’s early in this kid’s career, but so far, it looks like Boeheim was wrong about Bazely. The kid is doing well. Think he was wrong on Jerami Grant as well. He’s not always right.
I don't think he was wrong on Bazley. He said the kid made a mistake when the plan was to go to the G League. JB felt he would get manhandled. But when he changed to the New Balance plan and got $1M, the coach congratulated the player.

As for Grant--generally speaking, 2nd round picks don't get nice second contracts. But Grant got lucky to the extent that he dropped right into the middle of the crazy 76er's experiment. Plus, coming back to SU probably would not have helped, as there was no one here to get him the ball (remember, Ennis had declared a week or two earlier). Of course, Jerami probably should have played more as a freshman.

I don't think he was wrong on Bazley. He said the kid made a mistake when the plan was to go to the G League. JB felt he would get manhandled. But when he changed to the New Balance plan and got $1M, the coach congratulated the player.

As for Grant--generally speaking, 2nd round picks don't get nice second contracts. But Grant got lucky to the extent that he dropped right into the middle of the crazy 76er's experiment. Plus, coming back to SU probably would not have helped, as there was no one here to get him the ball (remember, Ennis had declared a week or two earlier). Of course, Jerami probably should have played more as a freshman.

Eh...no. He was wrong.

"I mean, he made a mistake. It doesn't do any good to talk about it," Boeheim said. "Everybody thinks I'm criticizing him. I'm not. I'm just telling it like it is. He made a mistake. He should own it. He's just not ready. He's just not physical. They're not letting him play in the G League because he'd get killed."

“Last week, Boeheim predicted that Bazley's decision to not play at Syracuse "will cost him," and that he wasn't sure Bazley will be selected in the 2019 NBA Draft's first round.”

Boeheim was dead wrong. About all of it. Bazely was drafted in the first round, was ready enough and it “didn’t cost him”. Bazely did not make a mistake like JB said.

I mean, it’s ok. Boeheim is not always right.

Obviously, he was wrong about Grant too.

Eh...no. He was wrong.

"I mean, he made a mistake. It doesn't do any good to talk about it," Boeheim said. "Everybody thinks I'm criticizing him. I'm not. I'm just telling it like it is. He made a mistake. He should own it. He's just not ready. He's just not physical. They're not letting him play in the G League because he'd get killed."

“Last week, Boeheim predicted that Bazley's decision to not play at Syracuse "will cost him," and that he wasn't sure Bazley will be selected in the 2019 NBA Draft's first round.”

Boeheim was dead wrong. About all of it. Bazely was drafted in the first round, was ready enough and it “didn’t cost him”. Bazely did not make a mistake like JB said.

I mean, it’s ok. Boeheim is not always right.

Obviously, he was wrong about Grant too.
it's called motivated reasoning, and we are all susceptible to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom