Darius Bazley | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley

He received some awful awful awful advice and I hope for his sake he’s drafted and makes some money (as well as gets his shot).

Doesn’t appear so far that any current recruits are following his path so far unless they wait like he did till right before the season begins.

Got paid $1m right?

Lets be honest here though. Theres absolutely noway this kid and his fam were not looking for a bag. I bet they took a bag and then bailed. Might be good not too connected with this kid, although damage might be done.

He received some awful awful awful advice and I hope for his sake he’s drafted and makes some money (as well as gets his shot).

He got a million from a New Balance contract so he has that. It will be interesting to see where he’s drafted. I think many of us forget that JB and staff had to adjust their plans for this year plus missed on other recruits when we prioritized Bazley and he reneged before the season.

He got a million from a New Balance contract so he has that. It will be interesting to see where he’s drafted. I think many of us forget that JB and staff had to adjust their plans for this year plus missed on other recruits when we prioritized Bazley and he reneged before the season.
Hopefully he saves some of that for a college education if basketball doesn’t pan out. The drop in his draft stock would be catastrophic if he wasn’t so young. Lucky for him, time is still on his side

Hopefully he saves some of that for a college education if basketball doesn’t pan out. The drop in his draft stock would be catastrophic if he wasn’t so young. Lucky for him, time is still on his side

It’s all dependent if the promises made to him were made in good faith and actually come through so he gets a better than average chance along with the extra time and opportunity to make it. Every year ‘new stars’ become priorities.

A $1mm is overstated by a lot. Only 200ish. The rest depends on the Leagur

200,000 or a mil. Who knows. Also, theres a possibility other people in his life were pushing for the money too. I dont think a 17 year old decides on their own to be a “trailblazer” like that. Who was next to him that gave him the little push?

200,000 or a mil. Who knows. Also, theres a possibility other people in his life were pushing for the money too. I dont think a 17 year old decides on their own to be a “trailblazer” like that. Who was next to him that gave him the little push?

One is a big deal; the other is gone in a year.
Makes a difference.

He got a million from a New Balance contract so he has that.

Temporarily, anyway ...
A $1mm is overstated by a lot. Only 200ish. The rest depends on the League

As I was saying ...
noidea.gif

Temporarily, anyway ...

As I was saying ... View attachment 157705e

Has to pay agents, training fees, personal coaches, facility fees, housing, living expenses etc unless someone is footing the bill but whomever it is isn’t doing it for free and will expect a payoff greater than paid out to him.

Has to pay agents, training fees, personal coaches, facility fees, housing, living expenses etc unless someone is footing the bill but whomever it is isn’t doing it for free and will expect a payoff.

... played like a violin ...

Has to pay agents, training fees, personal coaches, facility fees, housing, living expenses etc unless someone is footing the bill but whomever it is isn’t doing it for free and will expect a payoff greater than paid out to him.
I don't know for sure but I was under the impression that New Balance was paying for coaching, training, and facility fees. They've invested 1M in him and want him to succeed.

That information seems confused to me. The article clearly says:

"Later Paul told ESPN Bazeley will receive $200k in base salary over five years, if he remains on an NBA roster in the second year and is in the league each season thereafter."

I don't see a firm answer to how much the 3 month internship pays or what he gets before he makes an NBA roster, if anything. The fact that they call it an internship and not a job, suggests it probably doesn't pay much. But that statement, pretty clearly says his $1 million ($200K annually) is contingent on him making an NBA roster after this upcoming draft (in the second year out of high school) and being on an NBA roster for each of the next 5 years thereafter in order to get the annual $200K payment.

It sounds like all that was done for him was to limit his upside. If he gets a rookie roster spot following the draft, I assume he isn't going to have a problem getting a shoe deal. If he makes a big splash in his first year, New Balance got a huge discount here.

Congratulations on a whole lot of nothing! Well that's not entirely true, Rich Paul and Lebron James got a whole lot of ink and Darius did get an internship. If he doesn't get drafted that internship will come in handy if he wants to apply for a big corner suite office job at Nike.

He also is a class away from his degree. Tyus was a true student athlete. He will have choices that others will not. You can’t even coach without a degree.

Bazley will likely have plenty of opportunities as well if I had to guess thanks to that internship and the connections he likely made.

How fast will this kids' family (and hanger-ons) blow through that shoe money. 18 year old kid who's family was looking for a quick pay day with no care towards the future? I say 30yrs old tops and he'll be flat broke flipping burgers.

How fast will this kids' family (and hanger-ons) blow through that shoe money. 18 year old kid who's family was looking for a quick pay day with no care towards the future? I say 30yrs old tops and he'll be flat broke flipping burgers.

Wow. And a mod liked this post?

Sad to see adults wish ill will on a kid because he didn't want to play for their favorite team.

We also have no idea what his game is like - NBA personnel guys will earn their money evaluating him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom