Darius Kelly Commits! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Kelly Commits!

Just looked at his Twitter...not looking great...
He's done.. He apparently thinks he should be a receiver and if they gave him a shot this year he would have been on the field... :crazy:

He's done.. He apparently thinks he should be a receiver and if they gave him a shot this year he would have been on the field... :crazy:

Obviously a very patient kid.

I don't understand why these kids make bad decisions on a whim... Why not ask to work at receiver in the spring and see if you can cut it there? There is plenty of playing time available next year... Now he will have to sit out at another D-1 school.

I am surprised by the Kelly signing. IMO Wilkes is a nice depth guy. I like what I have seen out of Desir and Esk. I think Anderson and Morgan could play there. Plus McFarlane can play there. Seems like enough depth. Makes me think the staff isn't high on our current guys which is a disappointment.

I'm not surprised by Kelly at all. Wilkes did not have a good year and he's not big enough either to support run. While I like the potential of Desir and Eskridge neither wowed me to the point that I think they are the future and can't be replaced. Eskridge higher ceiling than Desir. Desir enters junior year and still woefully skinny. However, even if both start there is nobody behind them.

McFarlene can be moved but he's a greenhorn who's never played the position. Anderson will be on the field all season anyways. Moving Morgan doesn't really solve a problem for next year but you'd have to be committed to making him move permanently and then you just open up an issue with depth at corner. Good physcial cover corners are a premium to.

I'm not surprised by Kelly at all. Wilkes did not have a good year and he's not big enough either to support run. While I like the potential of Desir and Eskridge neither wowed me to the point that I think they are the future and can't be replaced. Eskridge higher ceiling than Desir. Desir enters junior year and still woefully skinny. However, even if both start there is nobody behind them.

McFarlene can be moved but he's a greenhorn who's never played the position. Anderson will be on the field all season anyways. Moving Morgan doesn't really solve a problem for next year but you'd have to be committed to making him move permanently and then you just open up an issue with depth at corner. Good physcial cover corners are a premium to.

Wonder if Whigham gets a look at free safety...that was where he played in High School

Yep I would definitely say Dontez is done. Shame, seemed like he had a great head on his shoulders and was a good story. Good luck to him wherever he goes but if he really thought he would have got PT as a true frosh at WR this season... :crazy:

Yep I would definitely say Dontez is done. Shame, seemed like he had a great head on his shoulders and was a good story. Good luck to him wherever he goes but if he really thought he would have got PT as a true frosh at WR this season... :crazy:

Sad - hope that's not the case. Ford seemed like an awfully good kid; based on what we read about him, he seems like the last guy to get impatient and take off. I remember the words "future captain" being tossed around in every news thread about him after he committed.

Good post Phat. We need safetys like oxygen. This kid is a good get and expect one more at a minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom