Darius Parsons | Syracusefan.com

Darius Parsons

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Rivals is saying Darius Parsons is opening things up, says he’s looking at BC hoping for an offer and might be scheduling an official there.

Sorry but I’m of the opinion the staff feels the class is full yet there are at least two kids still shopping around. I think I’d have to seriously consider making their slot non-committal. Bring in the other backers for visits and tell them the spot is open. Whoever wants it gets it but it’s contingent on no more visits to other schools.

People are worried about burning a bridge at a high school that might not be recruited again for years. They have to think about the now. “word isn’t going to get around” … pulling ships is done everywhere.

Rivals is saying Darius Parsons is opening things up, says he’s looking at BC hoping for an offer and might be scheduling an official there.

Sorry but I’m of the opinion the staff feels the class is full yet there are at least two kids still shopping around. I think I’d have to seriously consider making their slot non-committal. Bring in the other backers for visits and tell them the spot is open. Whoever wants it gets it but it’s contingent on no more visits to other schools.

People are worried about burning a bridge at a high school that might not be recruited again for years. They have to think about the now. “word isn’t going to get around” … pulling ships is done everywhere.

He would need an offer from SU first to have "committed".

well that is news, thought I read where he was verbal some time ago. was it pulled?
Never offered from what I've been told

There's a lot we don't know.

Never offered from what I've been told

There's a lot we don't know.

Wow that is interesting news. Scout definitely has him as a commit and they have even done video interviews with him as stating that he is committed to Cuse and will be here next year.

http://syracuse.At their request, t...from this site./a.z?s=185&p=8&c=1&nid=5464745

yup...coach is claiming that su told him no more ships available

Interesting. I wonder if he had a conditional offer or if he never had an offer at all. I always thought his interviews were odd. He spoke as if he was committed and then would always comment on his lack of communication with the coaches.

For someone who has no other offers, why would he be taking officials to places that didn't offer if we pulled his 'ship? Shouldn't he check out FCS schools?

I'm so confused. Would love to be a fly on the wall during the coaches' recruiting meetings. Would really love to be.

As far as Crossan, he was told by SU staff that there is one more RB spot open, but they are waiting to hear from a few other kids first.

Weird. On multiple occasions he said he had an offer from us and was a commit. He referenced Moore several times and said Moore made the offer to him at school. Kid was either confused or we pulled it.

Weird. On multiple occasions he said he had an offer from us and was a commit. He referenced Moore several times and said Moore made the offer to him at school. Kid was either confused or we pulled it.

Maybe he's FOS.

Maybe he's FOS.

That's an awful lot of lies over the past 6 months in about 10 different articles. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a verbal offered that would be made official if he did certain things in the classroom which maybe he hasn't done.

That's an awful lot of lies over the past 6 months in about 10 different articles. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a verbal offered that would be made official if he did certain things in the classroom which maybe he hasn't done.
Thank you. I think this is a kid that we help get to Milford then to the hill in a year.

Recruiting is just too weird. Situations like this are exhibit A.

Anyone in the know know if an "offer" comes on a physical piece of paper, or are most of them verbal?

I'm so confused. Would love to be a fly on the wall during the coaches' recruiting meetings. Would really love to be.

As far as Crossan, he was told by SU staff that there is one more RB spot open, but they are waiting to hear from a few other kids first.

Maybe to generate revenue SU could create a fantasy recruiting camp for people like us. We get to pay to hear the coaches divide up territory and targets, and the finality is getting to sit in on NLI day and watch the fax machine!

Anyone in the know know if an "offer" comes on a physical piece of paper, or are most of them verbal?
Pretty sure it's both. You hear a lot of players say they got a verbal offer and are waiting for the physical offer all the time. I would expect some players misinterpret all the time on verbal offers, and then you get these situations where a player claims an offer that he doesn't have. Still find this whole thing odd though...

Wouldn't be the first time a recruit claimed he had an offer from one school to generate a legit offer from another.

Naturally SU can't either confirm or deny anything until LOI day.

Maybe to generate revenue SU could create a fantasy recruiting camp for people like us. We get to pay to hear the coaches divide up territory and targets, and the finality is getting to sit in on NLI day and watch the fax machine!
Sign me up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom