Darton | Syracusefan.com

Darton

jgeorge322

Living Legend
This is quite an incredible story. We got Rudy Ruttiger playing DT and he is clogging up the middle against what is essentially a NFL caliber offensive line. He hardly took any plays off either.

Probably dumb questions, be patient with me. I thought Darton in the first half when he got hurt was making a great play taking down the Clemson runner but ended up sandwiched getting hit from behind by a Clemson player while having the Clemson runner wrapped up under him. The Clemson player behind him ended up lying right on top appearing to almost tackle Darton while he had the runner beneath him after his tackle. Is the offensive man allowed to hit Darton from behind like that?

Then right towards the end of the game, I think it was #81 maybe, who did a very weak touch and let go block of the Clemson player who then had a clear path for the bad sack of Shrader. Could the play supposed to have been a quick pass to #81 who had run after the weak block and turned as if he was waiting for a pass?(hope he just didn’t turn just to watch the damage caused by letting him go) #81 was all alone facing Shrader with no Clemson player near him. Just wondering - I admit maybe not because Shrader was definitely looking left, the other way from him.

Sorry just 2 dumb questions.

This is quite an incredible story. We got Rudy Ruttiger playing DT and he is clogging up the middle against what is essentially a NFL caliber offensive line. He hardly took any plays off either.

He’s amazing

Give this guy 8 years of eligibility and the keys to the city. Toughest Cuse player I have seen in my lifetime. His motor in an average size DT would be an All-American. 260 taking on double teams from 300+ pounders and holding his own? Give this team a Darton at every position and we are undefeated. LGO!

Probably dumb questions, be patient with me. I thought Darton in the first half when he got hurt was making a great play taking down the Clemson runner but ended up sandwiched getting hit from behind by a Clemson player while having the Clemson runner wrapped up under him. The Clemson player behind him ended up lying right on top appearing to almost tackle Darton while he had the runner beneath him after his tackle. Is the offensive man allowed to hit Darton from behind like that?

Then right towards the end of the game, I think it was #81 maybe, who did a very weak touch and let go block of the Clemson player who then had a clear path for the bad sack of Shrader. Could the play supposed to have been a quick pass to #81 who had run after the weak block and turned as if he was waiting for a pass?(hope he just didn’t turn just to watch the damage caused by letting him go) #81 was all alone facing Shrader with no Clemson player near him. Just wondering - I admit maybe not because Shrader was definitely looking left, the other way from him.

Sorry just 2 dumb questions.
The offense is not allowed to hit defensive players from behind. That was one of many blown calls by the officiating crew.

On the sack near the end of the fourth quarter, where Max left his man go and he delivering a devastating hit on Shrader, I think the play was designed to be a pass to Max. But he was supposed to hold up his man at the line of scrimmage, then quickly release. He seemed too focused on getting his release and forgot to occupy his man for a second before starting his route.

Max has made similar errors a number of times before. He and Wes had tough days trying to fill in for Chris.

Could the play supposed to have been a quick pass to #81 who had run after the weak block and turned as if he was waiting for a pass?(hope he just didn’t turn just to watch the damage caused by letting him go) #81 was all alone facing Shrader with no Clemson player near him. Just wondering - I admit maybe not because Shrader was definitely looking left, the other way from him.
Shrader changed the play at the line of scrimmage, and it was really loud. It looked like a few guys didn't get the audible and part of the line ran one play and part ran the other.

Kid balled out. He’s strong and generates incredible leverage. He stood up the both the Clemson center and their guard on multiple occasions.
Warrior

I think every player on defense has eligibility left for next year. They won’t all come back, but they could.

I think every player on defense has eligibility left for next year. They won’t all come back, but they could.
We will lose at least Williams and Mikel, maybe one more LB and I thought Caleb was out of eligibility?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom