Dave Odom | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dave Odom

I don't comment much on commentators because I think they are generally good and the homers here want everything to be called all pro-Orange. But, Dave Odom is THE WORST color guy I have ever heard. He makes Dykes look like Bilas. He is not articulate, messes up players' names and skillsets, messes up situations, etc. Just pathetic. The PbP guy wasn't much better but he did try to steer Odom in the right direction a few times. That was really an embarrassment.
Odom was so bad I actually feel sorry for him. With Dykes he is such a homer for multiple teams and goes out of his way to be negative towards other teams. It's like he sucks and is a complete tool as opposed to Odom just not being capable of doing the job. The funny thing is we were setting up for my 3 years old birthday and the first time I watched the game there was no volume so my wife wouldn't notice it was on and the 2nd time I listened to the commentators and the game was worse for it.

Food Lion, Bojangles, Hardee's, Mellow Mushroom, lol.
I'm just glad, for many reasons, that Sambo's restaurants are null and void in the South. I was flabbergasted when I moved to Norfolk in the late '70s and saw a Sambo's on the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I realized I wasn't in Kansas any more.

SAMBO'S - Virginia

Odom was so bad I actually feel sorry for him. With Dykes he is such a homer for multiple teams and goes out of his way to be negative towards other teams. It's like he sucks and is a complete tool as opposed to Odom just not being capable of doing the job. The funny thing is we were setting up for my 3 years old birthday and the first time I watched the game there was no volume so my wife wouldn't notice it was on and the 2nd time I listened to the commentators and the game was worse for it.

Right. I share the same opinion. I started to feel bad for Odom as well because, like you say, he's just overmatched by the job. He can't do it. Dykes is better but acts like a clown sometimes and a SEC homer.

I'm just glad, for many reasons, that Sambo's restaurants are null and void in the South. I was flabbergasted when I moved to Norfolk in the late '70s and saw a Sambo's on the oceanfront in Virginia Beach. I realized I wasn't in Kansas any more.

SAMBO'S - Virginia

Ha! I actually have to be in Charlottesville for a week at the end of the month. I'll see all of those establishments first hand. They are actually all pretty good companies. I've been to a few Mellow Mushrooms in the south. Solid pizza and always good craft beer. I'm in Charlottesville and Fayetteville for a few weeks every summer and have shopped at Food Lions as well.

Right. I share the same opinion. I started to feel bad for Odom as well because, like you say, he's just overmatched by the job. He can't do it. Dykes is better but acts like a clown sometimes and a SEC homer.

Dave used to be, and I think still is, the chairman of the Maui Invitational. I'd quit the announcing and just go with that gig and head to Maui a few times a year to make sure things are running smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom